Property contract holdups???

D

Dmd72

Hi I've heard from my solicitor that a property sale contract that was sent to El Tor in September were sent to Cairo for revalidation, but they have now been stuck in Cairo for nearly 7 months. The solicitor says that there are several hundred contracts in this situation and that there is still no timescale for their return. Can anyone verify this for me please as I'm now getting worried.

Thanks

L

LOUKIC

Hi,
The "signature validity" law suits are taking more time than usual. It takes around 7 months to get the court judgement. Ask your lawyer to provide you with the following incormation: the case number of your law suit and the date of the court hearing.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
And another reason...

QUOTE=LOUKIC
The "signature validity" law suits are taking more time than usual. It takes around 7 months to get the court judgement.

... because some Egyptian lawyers are afraid to put their names to illegal documents if they know there is a good chance of the contents not stating the truth regarding land registration and their licenses.

All leading to them not being processed, slow in returning, lost in transit etc.
In fact every excuse imaginable.

Yet these lawyers took your money from day one.

Alan.

Last edited:
L

LOUKIC

With all due respect, Alan, you are killing this forum with your negative comments. We are just discussing about the signature validy process. Nothing to do with the content or licence...It is a law suit to authenticate the defendants's (the seller) signature on a contract.
It is a simple procedure but can take some time. 7 months of waiting is quite normal, especially during the current circumstances in Egypt.

If your lawyer has submitted the documents to the court, it should have been given a case number.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
GOT IT IN ONE.

A LAW SUIT TO VALIDATE THE SELLER by authenticating his signiture. Which means when the contract turns out to be invalid later on the lawyer couldn't care less.

I'm not negative.
Just making people aware that these things are going on and simple Signiture Validation is not full proof of a valid contract of sale. Up-to-date due diligence is imperitive.

Of course as a legal adisor you wouldn't want to play Devil's Advocate would you? But someone has too.

Personally I would like to stop all trade till the truth of Mubarak's regime is exposed. We professionals are catching up with the crooked dealings, daily.

Alan.

Last edited:
L

LOUKIC

A contract stamped by the court is obviously worthless as proof of ownership/title deed, if the seller had no legitime right to sell the property.
Everything would be more transparent if plots of land were registered and owned by the seller before start of the construction. I personnaly think that it is the main problem in Egypt.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Hooray......

The penny has dropped.

Why do people think I'm always wrong in my professional opinions?
Possibly because they are only selling and not really wanting to provide full honest services.

The first thing I am greeted with when I step off the plane in Egypt is "do you have some money for me?"

The short answer is NO.......

Alan.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
When Egyptians make derogatory posts on forums regarding investors and the agents who are trying to help them get their properties or money back from the crooked system, there must be an ulterior motive here.

As I read these insults, I can only believe they are posted from a Mubarak sympathiser, a family member of those who face criminal proceedings or developer that has lots to lose when they are being exposed as fraudsters.

As the Devil's Advocate informing everyone what's actually going on in Egypt, it seems the truth must be hurting those who don't wish to hear it.

Alan.

Last edited:
S

shilly

When Egyptians make derogatory posts on forums regarding investors and the agents who are trying to help them get their properties or money back from the crooked system, there must be an ulterior motive here.

As I read these insults, I can only believe they are posted from a Mubarak sympathiser, a family member of those who face criminal proceedings or developer that has lots to lose when they are being exposed as fraudsters.

As the Devil's Advocate informing everyone what's actually going on in Egypt, it seems the truth must be hurting those who don't wish to hear it.

Alan.
Hey you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

IF at the start of the boom people were straight about procedure in buying,Lawyers did not work for estate agents and all the rubbish that follows then I am sure that many owners would NEVER has purchased in this country.They should come to our COUNTRY and see how it works over here,

You start paying extra the minute you book your flights -the visa you are not told about until you are onboard.On arrival trying to find a booth that will not rip you off-a lot of tourists do pay extra for their visa -no receipt except stamp.

Outside unless pre-booked another rip off scam getting to your destination.Suddenly the pound signs appear in the eyes of the taxi drivers who think nothing of charging you hundreds of egyptian pounds unless you know the routine.
Going shopping another scam go into a shop and suddenly lots of men appear and sometimes lock the door until you buy or again rip you off.

Once bitten twice shy I now go in and tell them I live here, the mood soon changes.I want to pay Egyptian prices not tourist.On departure try to use a credit card in duty free what a rip off.CASH ONLY. HMMMMM I wonder why again no receipt-or machine not working bad connection
Yes we have seen it all and if there is anyway another person DOES not get ripped off then thank goodness for these forums AND the people who take time trouble and their own expense to avoid the pitfalls then carry on.Its funny how on this forum and the other one we have now boycotted have locals singing their own praises the reason MONEY or should I say the lack of it when others will not buy.
So the simple answer is STOP ripping us off STOP making out its other people making waves do the decent thing and do the job that we pay you for.
Oh and if as the devleoper say we should have done our homework we did but as there was no info on the net what more can we do.

SO CARRY ON GIVING NEGATIVE INPUT AS IT WILL STOP OTHERS BEING RIPPED OFF AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING GOOD TO TELL US WE ARE LISTENING.:thefinger:

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Vote of Confidence

SO CARRY ON GIVING NEGATIVE INPUT AS IT WILL STOP OTHERS BEING RIPPED OFF AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING GOOD TO TELL US WE ARE LISTENING.

The White Knight thanks you all (even the legal profession) for supporting what we do on this forum to stop people being exploited.

This is the 21st Century, with millions of people of Internet mentality. Egypt either wants to join it or stay a loser by living in the Middle Ages.

Alan.

Last edited:
L

LadyJ

I cannot comment on any previous postings or advice, as I'm not qualified, however just to give you our personal info, regarding your query about contracts taking 7 months? We started purchasing our flat in Tiba Gardens in February, with full poa given to our solicitor. We received an email from him today to say that he has received the contracts back this week. So Feb to June? 5 months. I reckon you could start a gentle enquiry with your solicitor.........
Good luck and hope they arrive soon.
Lady j

J

jennifer howard

Hi all,

There is an other issue here: the lawyers in Hurghada are slowwwww....god bless them :).

Going a little bit aside of the main topic, it is common knowledge that some lawyers are in some builders pockets. It is not fair to put everyone in the same boat because is not the case, it is just a matter of making the right choice. Easy said than done :)

W

welsh janet

snail's pace

Hi all,

There is an other issue here: the lawyers in Hurghada are slowwwww....god bless them :).

Going a little bit aside of the main topic, it is common knowledge that some lawyers are in some builders pockets. It is not fair to put everyone in the same boat because is not the case, it is just a matter of making the right choice. Easy said than done :)
The issue is really about modernising the registration system. Every page and document needs to be originals (e-mails and e-commerce is out of the question) so the lawyers often bundle the caseload and deliver them in one visit. Which means your 30 days grace for notarising a contract sale expires yet buyers are expected to lay out for the deposit.

Of course it should be 6-9 weeks for CSV. But some have waited 3 years and still don't know if they own anything after paying all the fees and full sale price.

Does anyone have any flawless cases they can refer to?

Janet.