Properties in Port Ghalib or Marsa Alam

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shimmsie

Hi,

I am looking at investing in a property in either Port Ghalib (preferred) or Marsa Alam. There doesn't seem to be much on the internet for either of these two places. My budget will be around £30,000 and I would really like something as close to the sea as possible.

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much.:)

D

dave99

Not been to either yet, but will be looking in Marsa Alam in Sept for a plot of land for my 2nd development project. Will let you know if anything worthwhile.

S

Shimmsie

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. Any information would be gratefully received. We stayed in Port Ghalib where the diving was wonderful....totally unspoilt (at the moment!) Fingers crossed you find something.

D

DC

Marsa Alam

We have heard only positive things on Marsa Alam, we are looking into for other clients, if we have some good things, I will be in touch. Let me know your timescales.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Have you had any luck finding anything yet? Myself and a group of other investors are considering developing a small complex designed specifically for the norther European market; good size balconies, bathrooms and wet rooms, modern furnishings, ducted air con, plasma teles with satellite in living room. We will be looking for a suitable site in January and hope to launch the project late Spring with completion Summer of 2009. We would be interested in hearing from anyone interested in getting involved. Please PM me for more details.

A

awahee123

Banned
I have heard some fantastic reports regarding Marsa Alam which is laways the case for a new development area.
I have also been told an airport is already in place,as far as i'm aware building has started on certain projects,however I do not at this moment have any further information available.Once I have something concrete I will post it onto this thread.

P

philthecar

Hurghada

[hi there yes we have bought into oasis resort but could be interested in buying other property if everything was right. You will have to keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
We have been to Marsa Alam this January, It has it's own airport which only opens when the plains are due to come in.

A

awahee123

Banned
Re Marsa Alam

We have been to Marsa Alam this January, It has it's own airport which only opens when the plains are due to come in.

Hi what did you think to Marsa Alam, what are the pluses and minuses if any?..

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Who flies direct to Marsa Alam and where from? Is it as difficult and expensive to get to as Hurghada or are there more or less flights? How much are fares typically?

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi Peter,

Looks like Thomas Cook from Manchester,Thomson from Gatwick.
Prices leaving from either airport on 19/12/2007 for 1 week are around £150 mark per person inclusive.

F

flip

Whats the average price of properties in this area? is it cheaper then Hurghada. If its not I dont think many people will buy.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi what did you think to Marsa Alam, what are the pluses and minuses if any?..
Marsa Alam. is a very small place, we drove through to Hughada which took 1 and 1/2 hours in taxi. a bit like driving to Cairo sea on one side and desert on the other. If hurghada prices go up we would like to buy a small piece of land there and build our own villa. If the timing is right.

Taxi's are very expensive at moment.
not alot to see
small town looks like John Wayne lives there.
Hotel's are 5* and need to be to keep you in them.

With devolpments happening it will proberly get alot bigger.

hope this helps.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
also flights go into Marsa Alam on Wednesday from manchester and the airport only opens when the flights are due, not alot of shops in the airport. So do your duty free before getting to the airport.

A

awahee123

Banned
Marsa Alam

Marsa Alam. is a very small place, we drove through to Hughada which took 1 and 1/2 hours in taxi. a bit like driving to Cairo sea on one side and desert on the other. If hurghada prices go up we would like to buy a small piece of land there and build our own villa. If the timing is right.

Taxi's are very expensive at moment.
not alot to see
small town looks like John Wayne lives there.
Hotel's are 5* and need to be to keep you in them.

With devolpments happening it will proberly get alot bigger.

hope this helps.

Hi J4,

I think anybody thinking about buying land for development, now would be a good time to invest,remebering you have to start and finish building on a certain percentage of the land within an alotted time.

N

Nefertary

A plot of land by $25000 in the beach?

Hi, I just have a friend and she's going to buy a plot of land in Marsa Alam, she asked me also to ask more info, so her budget is $25.000 and she would like it on the beach or very near. Please ,anybody can tell me, is it possible to buy a plot of land in Marsa Alam by this budget. I told her that it's impossible, but may be I'm wrong???:rolleyes:

D

dave99

I'd buy if it looks good.

Whats the average price of properties in this area? is it cheaper then Hurghada. If its not I dont think many people will buy.
I'd buy if it looks good.

Pity it's so far by car from Hurghada - I'd love to take a look.

D

dave99

What size plot

Hi, I just have a friend and she's going to buy a plot of land in Marsa Alam, she asked me also to ask more info, so her budget is $25.000 and she would like it on the beach or very near. Please ,anybody can tell me, is it possible to buy a plot of land in Marsa Alam by this budget. I told her that it's impossible, but may be I'm wrong???:rolleyes:
What size plot is needed.

Plot of 300 sqm went for about $40,000 in the Arabia Beach District in Hurghada last year, but not sea front.

My guess is that if there are plots anywhere near the main built-up areas, hotel etc it will cost far more than $25,000 for 300 sqm, if it already has been zoned for building.

D

dave99

Sounds like a nice idea

Have you had any luck finding anything yet? Myself and a group of other investors are considering developing a small complex designed specifically for the norther European market; good size balconies, bathrooms and wet rooms, modern furnishings, ducted air con, plasma teles with satellite in living room. We will be looking for a suitable site in January and hope to launch the project late Spring with completion Summer of 2009. We would be interested in hearing from anyone interested in getting involved. Please PM me for more details.

Sounds like a nice idea. Looking forward to progress updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.