ad

Private landlords forced to sign up to new complaints body

R

realdeals

Lets take a step back and think about this. Landlords spend their own hard earned money buying properties to let. While I appreciate there needs to be some rights for tenants, who is looking after the rights of landlords?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

There has long been a suspicion that the UK government would prefer the buy to let market to be dominated by large corporates - looks like the are going the right way about it to me.

John Wilson

John Wilson

Yep, it’s just one thing after another. It’s going to become even more of a squeeze when Section 24 bites fully. And then when interest rates rise further, we’ll have the ingredients for a perfect storm.

There can be no doubt that the government is looking to kill off the small British landlord.

It’s pretty sickening to be honest but I think that investors need to be creative and treat it as a challenge.

With smaller/less serious investors being squeezed out of the market, it leaves an opportunity for the remainder to adapt using high cashflow strategies like HMO and serviced accommodation. And of course non-rental strategies like the simple flip.

Sent from my iPhone using Property Forum mobile app

D

diyhelp

I agree, everything at the moment seems to be targetting private landlords. Is the government trying to squeeze them out of the market in favour of large corporate entities which should be easier to control?