Predict the prices in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HaiderAli

Can anyone please tell me what is the criteria, the prices are predicted on ? I mean what you consider is a current rate.. There are some properties in DSC for $950 as well as $1300..

R

Roshan

Can anyone please tell me what is the criteria, the prices are predicted on ? I mean what you consider is a current rate.. There are some properties in DSC for $950 as well as $1300..
1300 USD would be serviced apartments like Coral residence or the cube. Your quoted rates should be Dhs and not USD.

Rgds

Roshan

fcrs

fcrs

i think those gonna be price in 2010

JVS 1700 to 2200
DSC 1300 to 2000
DSO 1000 to 1800

H

HaiderAli

1300 USD would be serviced apartments like Coral residence or the cube. Your quoted rates should be Dhs and not USD.

Rgds

Roshan
hahaha....

Yes Roshan, my mistake it was AED :)

Anyways, what exactly are serviced appartments? And can you please refer me to someone selling at good rate in DSC? Let me know via PM, if possible. Thank you.

C

Chamma

My Predictions - WoooHooooooW

My Predictions on real estate prices for 2010:

(1) Dubai Sports City: 2500- 3500(AED)
(2) Jumeirah Village: 2200- 2800 (AED)
(3) City of Arabia: 2200- 2800 (AED)

And what would the prices of current locations be by then?

(1) Greens : 2800 - 3500+
(2) Dubai Marina: 5000 - 6000+
(3) Old Town : 4000 - 6000+

This might seem a little odd especially for those who think that the bubble will burst and that over supply will be achieved in 2010, however my predictions are based on many facts.

a- There is no bubble for it to get burst, this is one of the strongest economies in one of the highest moving emerging markets, backed by the government and huge oil reserves (taking about UAE in general and not Dubai).

b- The UAE is changing on ahigh scale, its no longer the country we know and the changes are going on year after the other till it gets transformed to one of the most modern countries of the world, thats the plan, they had set targets and are working successfully to achieve those targets.

c- in less than 2 years increase of construction material price has reached 400% and its still going up, developers will not be able to afford selling off-plan on less than 2000 psft, many developers who currently are selling below market price are unable to complete their projects and are selling their plots to other bigger developers.

d- with the current inflation rate, even if it gets controlled, prices will remain going up, including labor, material cost, contractors and many more, don't forget the oil prices which reached the highest recorded price ever, machinery depends on oil to function...

e- over supply will never get achieved, not only because the government will not allow it as many say, but because you have to consider the future population once all these projects are finished.
every project comes with huge job oppurtunities its not only residential units which is been built... every project is set in a unique way to embrace different kinds of businesses, such as IMPZ, B.B., Downtown Jebel Ali, DSO, DSC, DIFC, JVS, JVT and Dubai Land which also includes tourist attractions, so you are looking for a future population which is expected to exceed 20million by 2015 (including tourists),do the math and you will have an idea on my prospective.

f- The capital appreciation will slow down eventually in 2010, but will never collapse, however it will sky rocket afterwards when the projects are on the verge of completion and when all companies set their business as planned, however the market will definitly change as it will turn to end users / rentals.

g- With the current US mortgage crisis and decrease in $ value, and as long as the country is insistent on keeping the peg to the $ (which they made clear),the UAE will have to abide with the US monitary laws and policies, regardless of its strong economy, leading to a loose to loose situation which is already felt with the decrease in interest rates (mortgages ar low as 4% and less compared to 8%) which means more cash is pumped in the market leading to a continuous increase in inflation.

this is just some of whats going on, if you take a thorough look on property magazines and you're aware of all these mega huge projects (residential, commercial, retail, intertainment),you could just close your eyes and imagine the future of the UAE.

In my opinion its over exaggeration, but people and investors dig that and as long as the profit is there the demand is there.

best regards,

C

Chamma

My friend, I think still the figures of 15600 families a year is not enough if you compare with the number of units being delivered every year. Last year international city alone delivered around 60 000 units ( pls correct me if i m wrong ) and Discovery garden is aobut to deliver around 30 to 40 thousand this year. then there is JLT , marina , B Bay , DIP , DSO etc etc etc getting ready in a year or less than that.... Middle and lower class families tend to move towards Sharjah dubai border where around 20 000 units are getting ready this year alone with around 50 to 70 k rent for a bed......

I guess the price rise is only and only becos of inflation and speculation.I m not an expert , but this is what i feel....
Contrary openions are also welcomed.
Bye

Dubai Land is expected to entertain 15 Million TOUSRIST a year by the year 2015, this is in the Dubai Strategic Plan released by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid.

Not the residents, however such a figure does demand a place to stay.

D

DAYFox

Thanks for your analysis! Last but not least what are your predictions for BusinessBay -not only with regards to prices!?
Thx again

My Predictions on real estate prices for 2010:

(1) Dubai Sports City: 2500- 3500(AED)
(2) Jumeirah Village: 2200- 2800 (AED)
(3) City of Arabia: 2200- 2800 (AED)

And what would the prices of current locations be by then?

(1) Greens : 2800 - 3500+
(2) Dubai Marina: 5000 - 6000+
(3) Old Town : 4000 - 6000+

This might seem a little odd especially for those who think that the bubble will burst and that over supply will be achieved in 2010, however my predictions are based on many facts.

a- There is no bubble for it to get burst, this is one of the strongest economies in one of the highest moving emerging markets, backed by the government and huge oil reserves (taking about UAE in general and not Dubai).

b- The UAE is changing on ahigh scale, its no longer the country we know and the changes are going on year after the other till it gets transformed to one of the most modern countries of the world, thats the plan, they had set targets and are working successfully to achieve those targets.

c- in less than 2 years increase of construction material price has reached 400% and its still going up, developers will not be able to afford selling off-plan on less than 2000 psft, many developers who currently are selling below market price are unable to complete their projects and are selling their plots to other bigger developers.

d- with the current inflation rate, even if it gets controlled, prices will remain going up, including labor, material cost, contractors and many more, don't forget the oil prices which reached the highest recorded price ever, machinery depends on oil to function...

e- over supply will never get achieved, not only because the government will not allow it as many say, but because you have to consider the future population once all these projects are finished.
every project comes with huge job oppurtunities its not only residential units which is been built... every project is set in a unique way to embrace different kinds of businesses, such as IMPZ, B.B., Downtown Jebel Ali, DSO, DSC, DIFC, JVS, JVT and Dubai Land which also includes tourist attractions, so you are looking for a future population which is expected to exceed 20million by 2015 (including tourists),do the math and you will have an idea on my prospective.

f- The capital appreciation will slow down eventually in 2010, but will never collapse, however it will sky rocket afterwards when the projects are on the verge of completion and when all companies set their business as planned, however the market will definitly change as it will turn to end users / rentals.

g- With the current US mortgage crisis and decrease in $ value, and as long as the country is insistent on keeping the peg to the $ (which they made clear),the UAE will have to abide with the US monitary laws and policies, regardless of its strong economy, leading to a loose to loose situation which is already felt with the decrease in interest rates (mortgages ar low as 4% and less compared to 8%) which means more cash is pumped in the market leading to a continuous increase in inflation.

this is just some of whats going on, if you take a thorough look on property magazines and you're aware of all these mega huge projects (residential, commercial, retail, intertainment),you could just close your eyes and imagine the future of the UAE.

In my opinion its over exaggeration, but people and investors dig that and as long as the profit is there the demand is there.

best regards,

Last edited:
C

Chamma

Business bay

Thanks for your analysis! Last but not least what are your predictions for BusinessBay -not only with regards to prices!?
Thx again

ur welcome,

As for Business Bay project its one of Dubai's most elite and successful projects, i wouldn't know how to start or where to end, all i can advise you to do research it through the internet by googling it or even wikipedia..

here is some good websites to start with:

Business Bay
wikipedia.org
Dubai Business Bay Properties, Commercial Property in Business Bay, Offices in Business Bay, Business Bay Apartment

In Brief, Business Bay is the cornerstone of the new economic push to extend the international role of the UAE. it's aimed to make the UAE a global commercial and business centre.
Business Bay will be a new 'city' within the city of Dubai and will be created as a commercial and business cluster along a new extension of the famed Dubai Creek extending from Ras Al Khor to Sheikh Zayed Road.

B.B. total area is approx. 64 million square feet, it will feature facilities such as office and residential towers set in landscaped gardens interspersed with a network for roads, pathways and fascinating canals. The ambience will be designed to add to the magnificence of the project and provide a highly conducive environment and infrastructure for businesses from around the world that wish to establish their local, regional and international headquarters at Business Bay.

Hundreds of reputable international companies will setup and move to Business Bay, its the new internet city, media city , knowledge village, financial city and more all grouped together in one of the best locations of dubai, it will have easy accesses to all dubai through skh zayed road, emirates road and alkhail road which are the 3 main high ways dividing new dubai's districts.

its also bordering the DIFC, the Burj Dubai District, the Old town and Dubai Festival city.

As one of the key projects of Dubai prices are going to be expensive and yet will hold its value and appreciate and wont be affected by supply and demand, if you invest in BB you will never loose, unless a major natural catastrophie occurs....

Businesses that can't afford to operate from b.b. will move to IMPZ or Downtown Jebel Ali, making these latter projects also appealing and lucrative but on a cheaper scale..

As for prices, already DAMAC and other big renowned developers are selling on average of 2500-3000 for residential, 3000-4500 for commercial, and 4000 to 5500 for retail, so you can just imagine future prices once the project is completed and companies move in and start operating.

man, my brains will blow up as much more is there but my fingers are paining, so you could check more on the internet.

hope this is satisfactory, but of course this is my opinion but i hold tight to it.

D

DAYFox

thx again!!!
But i know the area very well -i also invested there a few times myself ;) My question was just regarding future prices and your predictions in general... Anyways, thanks again i am sure its appreciated by many other users ;)

R

Roshan

ur welcome,

As for Business Bay project its one of Dubai's most elite and successful projects, i wouldn't know how to start or where to end, all i can advise you to do research it through the internet by googling it or even wikipedia..

here is some good websites to start with:

Business Bay
wikipedia.org
Dubai Business Bay Properties, Commercial Property in Business Bay, Offices in Business Bay, Business Bay Apartment

In Brief, Business Bay is the cornerstone of the new economic push to extend the international role of the UAE. it's aimed to make the UAE a global commercial and business centre.
Business Bay will be a new 'city' within the city of Dubai and will be created as a commercial and business cluster along a new extension of the famed Dubai Creek extending from Ras Al Khor to Sheikh Zayed Road.

B.B. total area is approx. 64 million square feet, it will feature facilities such as office and residential towers set in landscaped gardens interspersed with a network for roads, pathways and fascinating canals. The ambience will be designed to add to the magnificence of the project and provide a highly conducive environment and infrastructure for businesses from around the world that wish to establish their local, regional and international headquarters at Business Bay.

Hundreds of reputable international companies will setup and move to Business Bay, its the new internet city, media city , knowledge village, financial city and more all grouped together in one of the best locations of dubai, it will have easy accesses to all dubai through skh zayed road, emirates road and alkhail road which are the 3 main high ways dividing new dubai's districts.

its also bordering the DIFC, the Burj Dubai District, the Old town and Dubai Festival city.

As one of the key projects of Dubai prices are going to be expensive and yet will hold its value and appreciate and wont be affected by supply and demand, if you invest in BB you will never loose, unless a major natural catastrophie occurs....

Businesses that can't afford to operate from b.b. will move to IMPZ or Downtown Jebel Ali, making these latter projects also appealing and lucrative but on a cheaper scale..

As for prices, already DAMAC and other big renowned developers are selling on average of 2500-3000 for residential, 3000-4500 for commercial, and 4000 to 5500 for retail, so you can just imagine future prices once the project is completed and companies move in and start operating.

man, my brains will blow up as much more is there but my fingers are paining, so you could check more on the internet.

hope this is satisfactory, but of course this is my opinion but i hold tight to it.
Agree that BB will have it's charm when compared to other areas. I feel that each area will have it's own charm.

Dubai is building on the "city within a city" concept. People would like to walk other than travel to work...but agreed that BB will be number one.

Let's not believe the prices that the developers are charging currently. This could be viewed as a competition between developers. I feel the prices are inflated and might not be the actual prices which the leads to a correction.

It's these kind of prices which leads to over heating of a market and then a possible correction.

Roshan

Roshan

Fran

Fran

I think that in 2010 we will have the same currency in all the GCC and it won't be pegged to the $, but to a basket of currencies.
The correction will naturally materialise and the prices will slide half way down as in the same time lots of new ready to move in properties will be released.....

S

Sixgun

Sports city developer, Profile, has just raised all prices to 15-1600 psqft.
What does this mean in reality? except that they're passing on inflated construction costs.?

R

Roshan

Sports city developer, Profile, has just raised all prices to 15-1600 psqft.
What does this mean in reality? except that they're passing on inflated construction costs.?
Usually construction cost work to about 50% of what they are charging.

D

dubaizone

i would wait and see what happens during cityscape this year as a lot of the future of the real estate market will depend on the projects launched during cityscape as well as the investor interest that cityscape attracts. Although there is no doubt that in the long term supply of units will exceed demand - there is still room to make a good return on your investment in the short term.

H

HaiderAli

Just a quick question?

I was just wondering, the prices in today's market varies a lot.. One property from a same calliber of developer, launched an year ago has 1100 AED/SQFT price in DSC and the one launching today has 1500 AED/SQFT?? And the current market value also varies due to the difference in Original Price. Just wondering, what will happen when all the properties will be ready? Will this difference be maintained considering their OP or all comes down or all goes up??? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

JOHNNY-D

JOHNNY-D

Just a quick question?

I was just wondering, the prices in today's market varies a lot.. One property from a same calliber of developer, launched an year ago has 1100 AED/SQFT price in DSC and the one launching today has 1500 AED/SQFT?? And the current market value also varies due to the difference in Original Price. Just wondering, what will happen when all the properties will be ready? Will this difference be maintained considering their OP or all comes down or all goes up??? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Haider,
nothing is going down in Dubai, 7aboob. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.