Power of Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.
neouser

neouser

Hi

I have sold a property in Dubai, as the rules have changed I need to either fly out there or get a power of attorney.

Its difficult for me to fly out there at the moment so I need a power of attorney.

I have been sent a sample document by the developer that was used by someone else.

My question is I get this document and give the power of attorney to someone over there (ie the agent) ..

Do I then need to go to the UAE embassy in London , just turn up and they will sign it for me ?

Waseem

M

manishnarayan

Hi if you are not resident in Dubai and are giving a POA to some in Dubai, you will need to do the following:

1. Get the POA notarised by a notary in the place where you are resident;
2. Get the notarised POA attested by the nearest UAE consulate;
3. Once the POA is in Dubai, it will also need to be attested by the Foreign Office.

Regards

W

Wannaberich

Make sure the P.O.A document you have is in both english and arabic.
After the notary has notarised it the form then has to be sent to the Foreign and Commenwealth Office in London to do their bit,they in turn send it to the UAE embassy who then send it back to the F & C office who then send it back to your notary.
It cost me around £200 couple of years ago.

Land Sterling

Land Sterling

well if that is the cost..isnt it about the same to fly out here? hoping that the Ash cloud doesnt get worse lol. Seriously, all this is a lengthy process.

W

Wannaberich

well if that is the cost..isnt it about the same to fly out here? hoping that the Ash cloud doesnt get worse lol. Seriously, all this is a lengthy process.
Lenghty?about 10 days thats all.Flights are £400 then you have your hotel bill plus time off work.
Also,flying out is ok if you have a one off situation to sort out but my P.O.A has done various things for me so its way cheaper than for me to have to fly out a few times per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.