Power of attorney query

T

TheMainMan999

I own a commercial property with my brother and sister. My brother lives in Australia and I was wondering if there is a way I can sign legal documents, such as leases, on his behalf? Is it a form of power of attorney that I need? What we have been doing for some years is when we do a new lease we email it to him, he prints it off and signs it then posts it back to us. It's all a bit of a faff and I was looking for an easier way of doing things.

S

Skydown13

Sure, you can issue a consularized SPA to him to sign in your behalf.

T

TheMainMan999

Thank you for your reply however I think you misunderstood.....I want to sign on his behalf....not him sign on my behalf. Also, I googled that SPA you mentioned and it seems to be something only for use in the Philippines.

D

Dora Wi

I think you need some form of a power of attorney to sign for someone else in this case. There are different forms of power of attorneys and I don't know the specifics unfortunately.

M

mamabear1131

I agree with Dora Wi, there are surely many different forms of power of attorney. But to answer your question. I think you can ask your attorney what you can do, but I think it'll still depend on your brother if he'll allow it.