Portugal isn't only the Algarve ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neca

Each time we speak about Portugal, just about everybody talks about the Algarve. It does have wonderful things to visit, the weather is a bit different from the other regions, but the interior also has its beauty. Why not visit for instance the Douro region and enjoy a days trip along the Douro river, or spend a few days wondering about, either fishing, taking photos, bird watching, enjoying the tasty traditional dishes prepared in the hundreds of small villages, sipping the inviting red and white wines? I'll be back again with more information on the interior part of Portugal. Try it.

L

l.a.a.s

Each time we speak about Portugal, just about everybody talks about the Algarve. It does have wonderful things to visit, the weather is a bit different from the other regions, but the interior also has its beauty. Why not visit for instance the Douro region and enjoy a days trip along the Douro river, or spend a few days wondering about, either fishing, taking photos, bird watching, enjoying the tasty traditional dishes prepared in the hundreds of small villages, sipping the inviting red and white wines? I'll be back again with more information on the interior part of Portugal. Try it.
Hi

You are quite right . Douro and also Dão Lafões

Best regards

Luis

S

silvercoast uk

portugal alentejo

the alentejo region of portugal is realy nice I lived there for 1 year, the wine is excellent.

graham

A

abelhas

central portugal around the serra de estrelas is fantastic. almost unspoilt.

V

villasluz

The Silver Coast (between Ericeira and Figueira da Foz) is another option...

omostra06

omostra06

Central Portugal does have some lovely places, unspoilt and a great variety of landscapes, mountains, rivers, lakes, lovely beaches etc. its a great place:)

S

Seb Lacroix

Aveiro, the called Portuguese Venezia is also beautiful. I don't want to say that algarve isn't beautiful but it's very touristic while in Central Portugal, around Porto, Aveiro, Espinho you can still find great places to buy, to live, to enjoy without feeling stressed by mass tourisum.
So many real estate properties to visit here, old, new, near the cost, near the Douro, the rio vouga....etc

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarcoSousa

Great living here

Agreed! Im originally from South Africa and its beutiful on its own. BUT Portugal never fails to amaze me. Each region has its own special flavoring. IM now living in Povoa de Varzim, just north of Porto. Great quality of living. I have family scattered all over Portugal and my business has also granted me the benefit of travelling through Portugal. And i can honestly say, like its food, each region is great.

O

Organics1

I have travelled all over Portugal and still to date my favourite area is Sintra :)

Status
Not open for further replies.