Ponta Negra development

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celt

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about Conde da Praia, a development in Ponta Negra. The project is being promoted by a Norwegian company called Brazilboliger and is being constructed by Brazilian building contractors. Are they a reputable operator? Grateful for any info.

Best regards

celt :)

P

praiapipa

hi
i will answer "no" to your question but my advice is to avoid ponta negra; i was there 2 weeks ago and it is really overpriced; some lots are worth more money than at spanish or french coasts! on the other hand it is a great spot for going out, hanging around and also the beach is fair enough; i hope someone can answer "yes" to your question!
i am there again in 2 weeks time and will gather info if possible...
cheerio

M

michaelbush

What price are you quoted for this apartment. When will it be completed? Good location and for holidays Ponta Negra is good. It depends on the style of holiday but Ponta Negra has a great night life, close to this location. Loads of other beaches close by too. so you do not have to stay on the main PN beach. The apartments I believe are 55m2. PraiaPipa, when you are here lets meet up. Think you are here for Carnatal, so brush up on your samba!!

C

Celt

Thanks for the replies. The prices start at 205 K Real for first floor up to 315 K Real for the top floors. You can see the prices and info on the homepage, use .no

M

michaelbush

Could not get into a site condedapraia.no- is this right. Have checked xa local agent and if it is still correct he is advertising one at 165k R$!!I dont know what floor. If you are really interested in this development I can introduce you to the agent when you are here, or find out more info before you arrive.

C

Celt

Sorry Michael, try with brasilboliger.no

I got their brochure at a fair in Scandinavia. I was planning on taking a look at the development. My wife talked to their agent a Brazilian called Alexander but if you can find out more well and good. Interesting that there is a sizeable price discrepancy.

M

michaelbush

will find out more- possible it is old off plan info and there have been price increases, but the difference suggests something more sinsister!!!

J

JMBroad

Hi, yes I know of the development but it's a Brazilian developer doing it unless they sold it on very recently which I doubt. I can only assume that the norwegian is a real estate agent.

The same company built Conde de Montecristo in Buzios which is sold out and all of their developments have "Conde" in the development name, because of the name of the developer which also has that in their name.

I haven't had time yet to go and see all their developments but it's on my list while I'm out here.

Price range is from 205.000 R$ (1st floor) to 328.000 R$ (21st floor),hence the discrepancy.

G

Golfingworld

Celt, go to Ponta Negra for yourself and knock on doors! Find a local place and speak to locals..speak direct tothe developer. It doesn't work from afar..all you do is speak to Agents in Europe and they'll load the price and rip you off..trust me I just bought in Ponta Negra and did it myself....about 30% cheaper! Agents in Europe have no real jurisdiction in Natal and only reason they sell is because people don't go there...I know a local man who will help you if you need advice.

M

michaelbush

I have all the info re Condo da praia- new prices etc. from 205k R$, but will check out the offer tomorrow Thursday, re the ad placed at 25% less- could be old info or could be an off-plan buyer selling at cost. The agent advertising is Brasilian and I will meet them tomorrow.Also have other similar product so we will see. There are several instances here of European agents buying blocks of apartments off plan and then selling them on at inflated prices, even before the construction starts!

B

beenthere

Celt, go to Ponta Negra for yourself and knock on doors! Find a local place and speak to locals..speak direct tothe developer. It doesn't work from afar..all you do is speak to Agents in Europe and they'll load the price and rip you off..trust me I just bought in Ponta Negra and did it myself....about 30% cheaper! Agents in Europe have no real jurisdiction in Natal and only reason they sell is because people don't go there...I know a local man who will help you if you need advice.

Show me where and which agents are loading prices GW???? Details please not more of your raving.

How come you don't tell people that you got a 20% discount from the developer just by asking for it? That doesn't sound like your "local man" and the developer were loading the price at all does it ..... :cool:

M

michaelbush

I am glad I do not have to wake up and look in the mirror and see a sad man, full of bitterness and face the day with your negative outlook on life BT. Or is it that you just like to give that impression because of the anonymous handle you have here, and nobody really knows who you are? Hopefully one day I can meet with you in Natal, and see a different person to that portrayed here! Life is too short........................

B

beenthere

I am glad I do not have to wake up and look in the mirror and see a sad man, full of bitterness and face the day with your negative outlook on life BT. Or is it that you just like to give that impression because of the anonymous handle you have here, and nobody really knows who you are? Hopefully one day I can meet with you in Natal, and see a different person to that portrayed here! Life is too short........................
That is very funny, that is usually the charge put against golfwit because he is having a go at agents all the time, so as soon as I have a go at "local man" agents like yourself I get the same treatment.

Yes you are right life is too short to give a **** what you think about me...

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I nearly forgot the new Bridge in Natal opened today.

M

michaelbush

I nearly forgot the new Bridge in Natal opened today.
Actually Rob it opened Tuesday evening with a ceremony and the obligatory Brasilian party!! Yesterday was a holiday (any excuse)and people were trying it out and stopping to take pictures!! And there was the first suicide jumper off the bridge too! I have not yet had to cross it as from Ponta Negra the old bridge is OK too. To get to the BR101 to go north it will not help much until they build the connecting road which will be close to Genipabu. (not sure what year that is planned for !!- but I suppose we can say it will happen about the same time as the new airport! This weekend I plan to cross to Redinha just for the experience, as I have to go to Zona Norte anyway.

J

JMBroad

GW, once again... please refrain from making sweeping statements labelling all European-based agents promoting Brasil as crooks and con-artists.

J

JMBroad

Actually Rob it opened Tuesday evening with a ceremony and the obligatory Brasilian party!! Yesterday was a holiday (any excuse)and people were trying it out and stopping to take pictures!! And there was the first suicide jumper off the bridge too! I have not yet had to cross it as from Ponta Negra the old bridge is OK too. To get to the BR101 to go north it will not help much until they build the connecting road which will be close to Genipabu. (not sure what year that is planned for !!- but I suppose we can say it will happen about the same time as the new airport! This weekend I plan to cross to Redinha just for the experience, as I have to go to Zona Norte anyway.
Actually, Michael the inauguration party was on Tuesday night, (I was there for the inauguration but missed the fireworks by a couple of minutes as I had to go meet some people at the airport) but it "opened" on Wednesday morning at 08:00 am. I crossed it at 08:30 am and traffic was fine. On the way back the bridge was totally packed towards Redinha as people were stopping on the bridge to take photos, etc.

Crossed it a couple more times during my stay and everyone had only positive things to say about it and traffic was only really bad on the first day.

Oh and quite a few ppl, including those who had offices down south (in that shopping centre where we met on Friday) said that it took at least 30 minutes of their travelling time to the northern developments, even without a new connecting road.

Last edited:
C

Celt

After having visited Ponta Negra last week my conclusion is that the best value lies in finding resale properties proximate to the beach. Most of the developments under construction are set a long way back from the beach.

Best regards

celt

R

RalphJ

GW, once again... please refrain from making sweeping statements labelling all European-based agents promoting Brasil as crooks and con-artists.

JM;

Given that all european agents aren't crooks and con-artists, but let me tell you something about Brazil....and I'm sure that most of you are well aware of this. First of all, you need to understand that I've been living in the same city in Brazil for 10 years, and started visiting numerous years before that. I speak fluent portuguese like a "nordestino"(northeasterner),matter of fact when I meet Paulistas and Gauchos they laugh and say they've never met an american with a "nordestino" accent when speaking portuguese. My only child was born and being raised here. I've been married and divorced here. Currently have two businesses and had another. I know a LOT of people, including many politicians in past and current administrations, as well as the people at the various markets, gas stations, telephone companies, etc, etc,etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that I am as much as a "local" as you will find being a "gringo". And unfortunately it took me numerous years to become known in the city where I live but most importantly to "learn the ropes", as they say, in not only doing business, but to "learn" the local rates on everything from taxicab rides to beachfront land, to construction and building costs, to fruit at the market during the different seasons.

The point I guess I'm trying to make, which is no big revelation, but is that when most here in Brazil see a gringo coming, they think we're all millionaires. And their 50 centavo agua de coco turns into 5 dollars. I just love it when people here start selling things in "dollars". Thank goodness this rarely happens to me anymore in Aracaju...but does still happen. And when I open my mouth and they think I'm a brazilian from the south, because of my appearance only, because my accent is one from the northeast, then the negotiation process takes an abrupt detour. So, although you may have honest agents in England, the chances of them selling for market prices that exist here in Brazil are slim to none and not necessarily because the agents are inflating the prices, but the prices are more than likely being inflated somewhere along the line. Either from the developer, or local agent, to the international agent, or elsewhere in the sales chain.

Last edited:
B

beenthere

JM;

Given that all european agents aren't crooks and con-artists, but let me tell you something about Brazil....and I'm sure that most of you are well aware of this. First of all, you need to understand that I've been living in the same city in Brazil for 10 years, and started visiting numerous years before that. I speak fluent portuguese like a "nordestino"(northeasterner),matter of fact when I meet Paulistas and Gauchos they laugh and say they've never met an american with a "nordestino" accent when speaking portuguese. My only child was born and being raised here. I've been married and divorced here. Currently have two businesses and had another. I know a LOT of people, including many politicians in past and current administrations, as well as the people at the various markets, gas stations, telephone companies, etc, etc,etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that I am as much as a "local" as you will find being a "gringo". And unfortunately it took me numerous years to become known in the city where I live but most importantly to "learn the ropes", as they say, in not only doing business, but to "learn" the local rates on everything from taxicab rides to beachfront land, to construction and building costs, to fruit at the market during the different seasons.

The point I guess I'm trying to make, which is no big revelation, but is that when most here in Brazil see a gringo coming, they think we're all millionaires. And their 50 centavo agua de coco turns into 5 dollars. I just love it when people here start selling things in "dollars". Thank goodness this rarely happens to me anymore in Aracaju...but does still happen. And when I open my mouth and they think I'm a brazilian from the south, because of my appearance only, because my accent is one from the northeast, then the negotiation process takes an abrupt detour. So, although you may have honest agents in England, the chances of them selling for market prices that exist here in Brazil are slim to none and not necessarily because the agents are inflating the prices, but the prices are more than likely being inflated somewhere along the line. Either from the developer, or local agent, to the international agent, or elsewhere in the sales chain.
I thank god then that I did not have to get out of the plane when I landed in Aracaju en route to Rio from Natal, the place looked bad enough from the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.