Plzzzzzzzzz dont mention the weather!

C

CMChris

You want to watch those hail stones, I was watching a programme from India where they'd found a lot of dead bodies. They had been dated to about 1200AD. The scientists were taking samples and mapping out these bodies, much to the disgust of my youngest eating her brekkie. Anyhooooos it turns out these people were visitors to the area and they'd been caught in 1 of the legendary hail storms that hit the area and they'd been killed by the HUGE hail stones. They found the DNA samples showed 2 different peoples, probably the 'tourists. and the other group the porters and tour guides!!!! They subsequently dated these bodies back to 900AD and they still had flesh on them!!!!!!!! So stick a safety hat on your noggin when walking out in hail stones lol

L

lyndsay552

Excellent story. Just another reason to move to Hurghada!

L

lyndsay552

True but it's just another one to add to my ever expanding list

queenie40something

queenie40something

....and it has been hitting 38 in Cairo!!
Snow all gone here now and sun is shining ( oohhh alright just a little bit of sun now and again )

L

Lsab

Suddenly the temperature in Cairo has dropped to low 20's - 24 today but even lowere over the next few days. Hurghada is sunny, clear and 19c at the moment but rising to maximum 30 later today. Great for all you sunlovers (though I think it's also overcast today),not so great for all you sunlovers who aren't in Hurghada at the moment!!!

L

Lsab

I know that nobody's the slightest bit interested but it's raining here !!! Proper rain - the first time in over a year. It's fantastic :):):):):):)

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Linda - can just see you now dancing and singing in the rain LOL enjoy - quite nice here today.

V

vix

I know that nobody's the slightest bit interested but it's raining here !!! Proper rain - the first time in over a year. It's fantastic :):):):):):)
Hi lsab, Im interested, its heading our way, (Dubai) will be 1st since last March, but we've had the most terrible winds, have you?

L

Lsab

Hi, I forgot you were close by :) The weather's been a bit funny for a few days - yesterday was hot then cool, dark skies and high winds. Apparently coming from Saudi. All back to normal tomorrow according to the weather forecast........unfortunately! Have you had much of a winter this year? We haven't. I really miss the cold !!!

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Too much cold

Hi, I forgot you were close by :) The weather's been a bit funny for a few days - yesterday was hot then cool, dark skies and high winds. Apparently coming from Saudi. All back to normal tomorrow according to the weather forecast........unfortunately! Have you had much of a winter this year? We haven't. I really miss the cold !!!

We've had too much cold since our last trip to Hurghada last November. We shall be soaking up the sun in two weeks when we return to our new home in the sun......although I have a feeling we will probably be out shopping for items of furniture etc most of the time.

L

Lsab

We've had too much cold since our last trip to Hurghada last November. We shall be soaking up the sun in two weeks when we return to our new home in the sun......although I have a feeling we will probably be out shopping for items of furniture etc most of the time.
I guess it's possible to have too much of a good thing :) Living in Bahrain means almost constant sunshine which is great if it wasn't always accompanied by extreme temperatures! I miss the autumn and the spring and snow and rain and.....etc:) Bet you're really looking forward to feeling the sun on your face though - just a couple more weeks to go. You'll be there at the same time as Lyndsay won't you?

john'n'kate

john'n'kate

We fly out on the 29th so probably. If she wants to meet up she can pm us.

L

Lsab

I've added your dates to the calendar - Lyndsay hasn't put in her dates yet but I think there's a few others out there at the same time :)

L

Lsab

Hi Vix - weather here's not good this morning - visibility very low. Don't know if it's on it's way to you or coming from you!!!

V

vix

Weather

Same here, very humid, not really sunny. Still 97deg F tho.

L

Lsab

Not quite as hot or humid here. When we lived in Riyadh the heat was easier to put up with because humidity was zero! I find it very difficult here though - and it's all downhill until november :D

L

Lsab

Very off subject here I know but Vix, has Dubai got any public holidays coming up in the near future? We need to get over there to sort out electricity and water connection with DEWA. Don't want to fly over and find it closed. (I know that you have the same weekend as us).

V

vix

Very off subject here I know but Vix, has Dubai got any public holidays coming up in the near future? We need to get over there to sort out electricity and water connection with DEWA. Don't want to fly over and find it closed. (I know that you have the same weekend as us).
Hi, not until ascension day at the end of July