Plzzzzzzzzz dont mention the weather!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi storm has died down. Went up the towm yesterday afternoon as hubby did indeed get rained off and came home early so we went for lunch together which was lovely.

The town was deserted - ghost town and then the heavens opened again.

It is forecast to be bad again this evening and tomorrow I believe.

I would never get bored with the sunshine!!

L

Lsab

Summer

It's not the sunshine Queenie, it's the heat. It effects different people differently so If you like the summer Lyndsay you'll be alright. It's not quite the same here. The temperature in Bahrain is usualy 10 degrees higher than Egypt - well Cairo anyway - and the humidity is dreadful. I've always thought that you can't enjoy summer as much if you don't experience spring, autumn and winter, or at least one of them - you just don't appreciate it. I'm not sure about the Red Sea but my friend in Cairo tells me that it gets very cold in winter and in fact we were in Cairo last winter and it was extremely cold...but sunny, just how I like it! Winter in Bahrain is very hit and miss. This last one was very short, it was only chilly for a couple of months and whereas last winter we had loads of rain, this time we barely had a few showers. In the really high heat of summer we can't even open windows and we try and go everywhere after the sun goes down though it's no cooler. Without a/c I couldn't live here. Most expats leave the area during the school summer holidays. BUT that's the Gulf, it's not Hurghada. Will you be able to get back to Ireland for short breaks once you make the move Lyndsay?

C

CMChris

I was in El Gouna in August last year and the heat is very dry, hence why we were nagged to drink enough water. I love the dry heat and humidity just makes everything so hard to do any sort of work. Slip slap slop and I'm out in the sun all day.

L

Lsab

Humidity

We lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia before living here and the dry heat there was much easier to live with. Still had to get away during the summer though!

L

lyndsay552

Will you be able to get back to Ireland for short breaks once you make the move Lyndsay?
Probably just come back for weddings and funerals lol

My mum has bought the apartment above us, so she'll be out quite a bit but my hubby's parents refuse to fly, hoping that might change but have to wait and see.

I'll be spending my days outside walking dogs, so i suppose I'll just get used to it. I'll be like a wrinkled prune by the time I'm 40!!

Lyndsay

L

Lsab

Don't want to feel left out - visibilty here is bad as we're in the middle of a dust storm but it's hot - 34c

C

CMChris

Thanks for that Lyndsay amazing how you can OFF people so quickly! :) Its 12C here and heavy rain threatening again <sigh>

L

lyndsay552

Thanks for that Lyndsay amazing how you can OFF people so quickly! :) Its 12C here and heavy rain threatening again <sigh>
Don't worry, it hasn't got into double figures in belfast in weeks and its pouring down as usual. I should of have said, it was hurghada i was talking about, oops :eek:

L

lyndsay552

The weather in Hurghada seems to be heating up nicely. Today it is 33 degrees and sunny :D:D:D:D

L

Lsab

Won't be much longer before you're able to enjoy it Lyndsay. It's about 33 here as well, though it won't be much longer til we're hitting the 40's. Saw on Sky news that Cairo has been around 38 for days now. Seems unseasonably hot for them.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Dont rub it in LOL - snowing here yesterday!!

S

scooby21

its snowing here in norfolk too and freezing cold give me egypt weather anyday

C

CMChris

Well the sun is shining here :) AND its snowing oh no change that to horizontal hailstones now :(

L

lyndsay552

Just to make you all feel even better, the temp in hurghada has now risen to 35 degrees!!!!

L

lyndsay552

Don't worry, I got caught in a hail storm this morning out walking the dog!!