Please note!

J

JustinBarley

Hello people,
I just wanna give all of you who wanna buy properties in Bulgaria a heads up
1st DO NoT buy a property if you haven`t seen it with your own eyes,
don`t rely only on the info and pictures agents give you
2nd check how are the prices going on the market - most prices offered as "very cheap" are not cheap at all
3rd best when you want to buy a property is to try to find it directly from the owner that way you will save some cash from fees and prices will be lower... and you can always bargain for the price with the owner - you can`t with the agency
P.S think this info might have already been posted but i`m just too lazy to check it out
Best regards
Justin Barley

thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
It is all very well to say go straight to the owner but this does not always mean you will get it for less and often leads to far more hassle. A good honest agent will already have agreed a selling price with the seller and will have added their commission on top. If you as a foreign buyer goes to the Bulgarian and says I want to buy your house I cam more or less guarantee in most cases the price will double over night! An agent is there for a reason, to do the negotiating, to try and get you a better price, to deal with all the paperwork and the leg work. If you do not speak Bulgarian you will find all of this more or less impossible.

I would agree to do your research and check out similar properties and prices. Many websites are listing properties at below market value, as being distressed but still saying an apartment in Bansko or Sunny Beach is 40,000 Euros. Half this and you are nearer to the actual market price at the moment.

Similarly don't automatically think cheap is good value. There are loads of houses for sale on ebay for very cheap, under 2000 Euros but these are often not in good areas, and the renovations will cost you far more than if you say spent 5000 to 7000 E on a decent property in a good area and so had to do less work.

P

Peterbda

very helpful hints.

I think if I buy in Bulgaria, its a see before anything is transferred.

How do I protect myself when giving deposit before I know about title?

Thanks

peter

K

KayJay

Ask to see a copy of the Notary Act AND skitza (cadastral plan) BEFORE you part with any money. Make sure the notary holds the deposit and/or your lawyer has checked title, before you let a stotinki leave your pocket!

Lastly - CHECK the papers and plans carefully - you won't be the first person to buy something different to what they thought they were buying!! :erp: