ad

Please Help. My Name on Mortgage but not on Title

S

Sunshine808

Please Help Me.

My story is this, I helped out friends by giving them my permission to include my name in their mortgage. However no Financial assistance was given on my behalf. After 3 years of my name on the Mortgage and the title of Land Registry they are now asking me to sign a TR1 giving them my permission to remove my name from the title of ownership of the property. In the lenders eyes when I apply for my own mortgage would they now class me as a First time or a Second time buyer now that my name has been removed from the title of the Land Registry? I ask this because they told me that because my name has now been removed from the Land Registry I will be considered as a First time buyer. Please clarify this.

As you may have noticed I am in a dilemma which are linked which each other and I want to make sure I make the right decision for me before I sign any other legal documents

Has my action of helping out friends hindered my chances of getting a better Mortgage as a First time buyer? If so how?

I so desperately need answers for the questions above before it jeopardise my chances in the future for applying for a mortgage on my own.

What pros and cons will I gain from removing my name off the Title of Land Registry TR1 and still have my name on the Mortgage?

How will this affect my chances of getting another Mortgage?

When applying for a Mortgage in the future will I be considered as a First time or as a Second time buyer now that my name has been removed from the Title of Land Registry ?

What are the advantages and disadvantages in this current property market for a First and Second time buyer?

With them asking me to sign a Land Registry TR1. Would it be in my best interest to do so or not? Because I have researched online and most of the forums and sites say it would be ideal that both names should appear on each document, i.e. mortgage and the title of Land Registry, but it never explains why. Can you please explain why.

I don't have any interest in their property all I wanted to do with the kindest of my heart was to help them. If things go south due to my credit score and property history what can I do or say to them for them to help me?

I would also like to know when applying for a mortgage will the Lender be requiring my previous mortgage application forms and mortgage contract of agreement?

Please advice me on what to do next.

Thanking you soooo much in advance for your kind cooperation and consideration in taking time out to read my dilemma.

Hoping to hear from you soon at your earliest convenience.

J

Jacks & Jones

Sounds like a difficult time for you. I would say with the complex nature such as this you need expert help that is specific to your needs. We can speculate on the forum but my advice as a property professional would be arrange a free meeting with an independent mortgage adviser who will go through future options as lenders have different criteria for first time buyers, I would also go and speak to a conveyancer regarding your current situation on the property. Usually first meeting is free, and if they know one day they may get your business in a purchase may give you advice for free. I would also suggest getting your own mortgage adviser and conveyancer / solicitor not ones with your friends that way you know you are being looked after. Good luck!

Ged Ward

Ged Ward

Asia's Premier mortgage Broker
Hi there,

You would now be back to being classed as a first time buyer

Ged