Please help! Abusive agent :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tanzy80

Hi,

I would appreciate any advice on this matter asap:

We have been living in apt in al barsha for 2 yrs now...our lease was up for renewal on 31st may...we tried to contact the real estate company handling this and they informed us that a new real estate company is going to manage our bldg and they will be in touch with us shortly. We were contacted by them end of april and we told them we will think about the renewal as our rent remained unchanged. We asked the agent/manager within how many days we had to respond and he told us to take our time!

We did get back to him by mid may and asked him again to reconsider the rent and he did and said he will inform us about the new rent shortly....so on 30th may we called him again as we had not heard from him and then he tells us that yes the rent has been reduced and so has the number of cheques. So we agreed to renew our rent and asked him to send the agreement asap.

For several days we kept calling him and sending him messages asking him to send the agreement but we got no response. Finally we got the agreement from them yesterday. It is dated 16th june for the period starting june 1st 2009 till 31st may 2010. But we were shocked to see the rent amount and checks was much higher than agreed upon.

We tried to contact the manager again but got a no answer. Today I did get to speak with him but he refused and said I was lying and that he had never committed to any other amount. When I told him that in fact it was he who was lying and that they were unprofessional as they shud have sent me the agreement on 1st june he said fine dont take it and leave and hung up.

My husband called him about this and in the middle of the conversation, out of the blue, this agent/manager abused my husband and called him a 'bloody *******'! He was shocked! I was around this agents office and decided to meet his boss and complain about this. When I got there I found out that this agent is the one who runs the show and is the manager for this company. I told him he had no right to abuse my husband, he turns around and tells me 'Do I control my husband? Why cudnt he come and talk to him? Is he not man enough!" I cud not believe my ears! Anyway I told him since he was at work he cudnt come but still that was not done! Finally since this was going nowhere I told him we wud b moving out and we wanted to get our deposit back. Then he tells me since we have stayed here till 17th we have to pay for these days!

My question is:
Why do I have to pay when it was this real estate companies inefficiency and they delayed in sending me the renewed agreement. The agreement shows its dated 16th june even though my tenancy expired on 31st may! And since we only had a verbal conversation with this company unfortunately it is his word agains ours. But since we spoke to him on30th may and he told us he will send the agreement by 1st we did not read too much into it. I will be complaining to RERA as well and yes I did find out this company is not even registered with RERA! Is there any other action I can take against this agent/manager? While leaving his office he actually told me to get out of the office and said f**k off to me!

No matter which industry u r from I believe nobody shud speak to a customer like this! Please tell me what can I do to make sure this agent and this company does not harass me any more and I really do not want to pay for these extra days as had they sent me this agreement on 1st I wud have moved out instantly. Now we were living assuming they will send the agreement based on the agreed rent. We tried to call and get the lease but they delayed it. What can we do???

Any advice wud b much appreciated!

Thanks!

G

georgihh

take it easy

Hi,

I would appreciate any advice on this matter asap:

We have been living in apt in al barsha for 2 yrs now...our lease was up for renewal on 31st may...we tried to contact the real estate company handling this and they informed us that a new real estate company is going to manage our bldg and they will be in touch with us shortly. We were contacted by them end of april and we told them we will think about the renewal as our rent remained unchanged. We asked the agent/manager within how many days we had to respond and he told us to take our time!

We did get back to him by mid may and asked him again to reconsider the rent and he did and said he will inform us about the new rent shortly....so on 30th may we called him again as we had not heard from him and then he tells us that yes the rent has been reduced and so has the number of cheques. So we agreed to renew our rent and asked him to send the agreement asap.

For several days we kept calling him and sending him messages asking him to send the agreement but we got no response. Finally we got the agreement from them yesterday. It is dated 16th june for the period starting june 1st 2009 till 31st may 2010. But we were shocked to see the rent amount and checks was much higher than agreed upon.

We tried to contact the manager again but got a no answer. Today I did get to speak with him but he refused and said I was lying and that he had never committed to any other amount. When I told him that in fact it was he who was lying and that they were unprofessional as they shud have sent me the agreement on 1st june he said fine dont take it and leave and hung up.

My husband called him about this and in the middle of the conversation, out of the blue, this agent/manager abused my husband and called him a 'bloody *******'! He was shocked! I was around this agents office and decided to meet his boss and complain about this. When I got there I found out that this agent is the one who runs the show and is the manager for this company. I told him he had no right to abuse my husband, he turns around and tells me 'Do I control my husband? Why cudnt he come and talk to him? Is he not man enough!" I cud not believe my ears! Anyway I told him since he was at work he cudnt come but still that was not done! Finally since this was going nowhere I told him we wud b moving out and we wanted to get our deposit back. Then he tells me since we have stayed here till 17th we have to pay for these days!

My question is:
Why do I have to pay when it was this real estate companies inefficiency and they delayed in sending me the renewed agreement. The agreement shows its dated 16th june even though my tenancy expired on 31st may! And since we only had a verbal conversation with this company unfortunately it is his word agains ours. But since we spoke to him on30th may and he told us he will send the agreement by 1st we did not read too much into it. I will be complaining to RERA as well and yes I did find out this company is not even registered with RERA! Is there any other action I can take against this agent/manager? While leaving his office he actually told me to get out of the office and said f**k off to me!

No matter which industry u r from I believe nobody shud speak to a customer like this! Please tell me what can I do to make sure this agent and this company does not harass me any more and I really do not want to pay for these extra days as had they sent me this agreement on 1st I wud have moved out instantly. Now we were living assuming they will send the agreement based on the agreed rent. We tried to call and get the lease but they delayed it. What can we do???

Any advice wud b much appreciated!

Thanks!
Just stay for free, some more months, tell him to **** off and find another place

R

Roshan

You should have lodged a police complaint on the basis of abusive language.

Next time document your requests on an email or fax.

Nothing to worry, there is so much of accomodation available these days.

My colleague picked up a 3 BDR in springs for Dhs 135,000. A year back, this would have costed him over Dhs 200,000.

Regards

Roshan

S

sasherwani2

Tanzy, you should file a complaint against the person in the civil courts. You shouldnt tolerate should abusive language. Dubai real estate market is really unprofessional and next time try to document everything a person says. This will get you "legally" prepared for any such abusive frauds in the market.

I

Investoman_uae

Tell me what is the name of this company ... name and shame them... so no one uses their services :)

As one mentioned... look for another apartment in your own time... no rush to move out.

Inv.

T

tanzy80

Thank u everyone...we are lodging a complaint with rera about this company...their name is Deira Orient Real Estate...The managers name is Wilson....
We have found a house and hopefully we will move there as soon as this issue is resolved!

S

sasherwani2

Deira Orient Real Estate - will definately keep this name in mind. Thanks Tanzy and good luck! The rents are about to have another freefall next month (with thousans of expats leaving for good as school term finishes) so try to hunt for an upgraded apartment next month!

T

tanzy80

Yes we have already seen some steal deals and hopefully will find something nice soon :)

T

tanzy80

what a complete waste of time RERA is! they have been giving us the run around and nothing has come out of it...i thought they were anti unregistered real estate agencies but that does not seem to be the case! they want us to sign the lease with them and then they will see what to do in terms of taking the matter to the rent committee! completely ridiculous! if not then our lease which expired on may 30th which was with a different real estate company as landlord needs to be stamped and everything by the land dept....even though we have nothing against them! looks like they just don't want to help...super rude people who r just very very keen to get you out.....so fed up....

Status
Not open for further replies.