Platinum One- Arjan ,ACW Holdings

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqil

RERA set up escrow accounts to protect the investors. If the escrow accounts are in place and the developers have not commenced on the projects as promised why the government doesn’t intervene and just pay back the investors hard earned money. It is so confusing; there should be more transparency required by RERA.

ACW is in so hurry to cancel the contract and keep all the investors money without doing any progress, this is main problem of small developers. Don’t ever buy off plan property in life.

Please discuss with each other by emails as to who is making further payments
I am going to court to seek a full refund of monies paid

A

Aqil

This is a big question how the Dubai investors get their hard earned money back from developers, and situation becomes very complex when the developer did not started the project and asking to pay more money and threatening for contract cancellation without doing any progress on project. Beside when I bought in July-2008 from ACW Holding at platinum 2 the cost of construction was very high for example cement, steel and petrol and if you look at now the petrol reduced to 50 dollar from 147/berrel, cement 50% and steel was dhs6000/ton and now only dhs1800/ton.
The situation would be different, if the developer would started the project last year and paid high cost for the constriction, but here developer even not started the project, why the investor have to pay high price as developer is solely responsible and created all this situation and break the contract.
Why the investor have to pay high cost which is not at all applicable in the current reality market. How the investor is responsible and why

S

sami71

RERA set up escrow accounts to protect the investors. If the escrow accounts are in place and the developers have not commenced on the projects as promised why the government doesn’t intervene and just pay back the investors hard earned money. It is so confusing; there should be more transparency required by RERA.

ACW is in so hurry to cancel the contract and keep all the investors money without doing any progress, this is main problem of small developers. Don’t ever buy off plan property in life.

Please discuss with each other by emails as to who is making further payments
I am going to court to seek a full refund of monies paid
iam olso acw holding invester you right what you seeing

D

del77

I am absolutely amazed by some of the contributors to this forum ie sami71. Why dont you try and learn to spell before you post anything to any forum?? You question whether someone else who says good things about ACW actually works for them, but I'm just wondering if you yourself work for one of their rivals?

And what is it with personal emails being sent to me from "John Smith" (as if thats your real name),Krish Shrikanth and Mohammad Aqeel? Where did you get my email address from?

If ACW were so dodgy then how did they get Rera approval? And if they were so dodgy how come the likes of Jones Lang Lasalle and Oracle, 2 massive companies, work with them? They projects that ACW have are massive and delays are inevitable.

Anyone that did receive the mail pointing you in the direction of this forum should question how they got the mail in the first place - where did these people get our email address'? Theres obviously been a data protection violation to allow this and I hope that someone from propertycommunity looks into this

R

rasz555

Registry Fee

I have same concerns ie they have asked for additional fee of 1000AED.I have paid 50% for Plt one studio apartment and they are asking for next payment.?? are we safe ie is this safe investment or its too late to ask
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have olso received the land registration fee as 1960dh. But recently ACW is asking for further 1000dh for registration of sales agreement with Dubai Land department so, total of 2960dh. Is it the same experience for everyone
i am olso invested with ACW AND I HAVE PROBLEM WITH THEM
I AM FROM UK AND I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER INVESTER FROM ACW HOLDING TO JOIN TOGTER TO PROTACT OUR INVESTEMENT?

A

AVA

This is the forum for everyone to share their views, discuss, raise concerns and find a way out. The market has gone down and the properties are not worth for whatever we paid. I dont know whether ACW is dodgy or not but, all our life investment is in trouble. Dont post any threads in this forum if you are not a true investor.

Last edited:
H

Heather

Hanover Square

Dear All

I am a UK investor and got this link from an e-mail that was sent to me???? I wonder how my personal details have been sought?????

I have registered on this forum as this is my first investment and want to ensure that everything is OK?

Anyone out there that has invested in Hanover Square. Skycom gave me the contact details for the Chief Development Officer at ACW Holdings (Nadeem Ali) and this was his response:-

Hope you’re well and nice to hear from you.

I can confirm, after lengthy delays from the master developer Nakheel in the completion of infrastructure in the Jumeirah Village district we have finally come to a closure on this and Nakheel have indeed finally handed over the plots to developers to continue with construction on their respective projects.

I can also confirm we have started the initial construction process on all our projects in Jumeirah Village including Hanover Sq with the plot fencing and excavation works being carried out at present, our chosen shoring/foundation company will move on site within the next few of weeks or as soon as the excavation process is complete. A progress report and site images along with a revised completion date which should be end of Q1 2010 (approx) will be updated on our website very soon.

ACW Holdings completely understand and acknowledge the frustration and concerns clients would have on such delays on their investments and we would like to thank all our investors for their patience and understanding of the whole situation, at least now we can put the delays behind us and look forward to the delivery of our developments and I can assure you we are completely committed and focused towards the delivery of all our delayed projects within a reasonable timescale.

I hope the above information gives you a little more clarity on this issue and should I be of further assistance please feel free to get in touch.

Regards

F

financier888

delays

Dear All

I am a UK investor and got this link from an e-mail that was sent to me???? I wonder how my personal details have been sought?????

I have registered on this forum as this is my first investment and want to ensure that everything is OK?

Anyone out there that has invested in Hanover Square. Skycom gave me the contact details for the Chief Development Officer at ACW Holdings (Nadeem Ali) and this was his response:-

Hope you’re well and nice to hear from you.

I can confirm, after lengthy delays from the master developer Nakheel in the completion of infrastructure in the Jumeirah Village district we have finally come to a closure on this and Nakheel have indeed finally handed over the plots to developers to continue with construction on their respective projects.

I can also confirm we have started the initial construction process on all our projects in Jumeirah Village including Hanover Sq with the plot fencing and excavation works being carried out at present, our chosen shoring/foundation company will move on site within the next few of weeks or as soon as the excavation process is complete. A progress report and site images along with a revised completion date which should be end of Q1 2010 (approx) will be updated on our website very soon.

ACW Holdings completely understand and acknowledge the frustration and concerns clients would have on such delays on their investments and we would like to thank all our investors for their patience and understanding of the whole situation, at least now we can put the delays behind us and look forward to the delivery of our developments and I can assure you we are completely committed and focused towards the delivery of all our delayed projects within a reasonable timescale.

I hope the above information gives you a little more clarity on this issue and should I be of further assistance please feel free to get in touch.

Regards
Hi Heather - I do not know all the details of this particular project and ACW was known as being reuptable - what their status is now in light of the ecnomic conditions affecting everyone? I cannot say.. However, having been on the delopment side, I thinks if fair to say , that when the Master Developer - (in this case Nahkeel) has delayed handover - there is nothing the sub-developer can do. They must wait till they get handover. Last year RERA (land department) changed the law that a plot CANNOT be offered for sale until it has been handed over - however, that said - projects that were launched prior to the enactment of that law - were not affected - it was for new projects going forward.

Objectively speaking - it seems that your developer (in this case ACW) is acting in good faith and is fully intending to proceed and I am also sure - your funds are in escrow. Understand, this is based on a cursory examinition of some of the posts and the details I could discern related thereto. Frankly, considering some of the developers that have never started (with handover) and have collecting funds for well over a year - I think you are in good stead

good luck

K

KKM

Hi,

I have alos bought an apartment in Platinum 2 and am being pushed to pay installments by ACW. I also noticed that my land price had increased as they have increased teh floor space without informing me and now are seeking higer price. On top of that I get calls to register teh property at a cost of almost 3,000 AED. Is anyone out there experiencing teh smae thing? What are other ACW investors doing?

Concerned investor

K

KKM

is there anyone bought a property in Platinum II ACW Holdings?? if yes then join to file a case against them as for Platinum II they have not started the construction and rather than they are demanding for the payments and on failure to do so they are cancelling the units, if we all unite togethor we will retrun back our mony, i permanently stay in dubai and i can follow up with the case,but i need more peoples to join me and to file a case against them,
How do I join and get in touch with other ACW Platinum 2 investors? What is teh latest and what are you doing ? Is there any construction taking place on teh ground?

H

Heather

Hanover Square

Hi Heather - I do not know all the details of this particular project and ACW was known as being reuptable - what their status is now in light of the ecnomic conditions affecting everyone? I cannot say.. However, having been on the delopment side, I thinks if fair to say , that when the Master Developer - (in this case Nahkeel) has delayed handover - there is nothing the sub-developer can do. They must wait till they get handover. Last year RERA (land department) changed the law that a plot CANNOT be offered for sale until it has been handed over - however, that said - projects that were launched prior to the enactment of that law - were not affected - it was for new projects going forward.

Objectively speaking - it seems that your developer (in this case ACW) is acting in good faith and is fully intending to proceed and I am also sure - your funds are in escrow. Understand, this is based on a cursory examinition of some of the posts and the details I could discern related thereto. Frankly, considering some of the developers that have never started (with handover) and have collecting funds for well over a year - I think you are in good stead

good luck

Hi Financier

I Thank you for your reply - it has put my mind at ease. I'm planning to get myself out to Dubia for the F1 in November so will hopefully see some building work going on. I have had no problems with Skycom and ACW but was a little freaked out by the negativity on this forum regarding them as developers, as I said before, I'm a new investor and I appreciate your response.

With Thanks

Heather

S

sami71

all investors of acw holding please lets us united to take action about him his projects drop55/per cent all their projects are delays and we need to take action together

H

Heather

Hi Financier

I Thank you for your reply - it has put my mind at ease. I'm planning to get myself out to Dubia for the F1 in November so will hopefully see some building work going on. I have had no problems with Skycom and ACW but was a little freaked out by the negativity on this forum regarding them as developers, as I said before, I'm a new investor and I appreciate your response.

With Thanks

Heather[/Q
AS CUSTMER WE WANT TO HIM TO BE HONIST WITH US .
ACW HOLDING ASK FOR MONEY WITH OUT DOING NOTHING .
YOU SENT TO HIM THE EMAIL DONT REPLY .
I THING YOU HAVE NO IDEA AT all about him and about thier projects .
or you are one of his staff

Sami71

Don't be so riduculous, why would I post on this forum if I was not an investor?, please read my posts!!!
I do not appreciate being asked not to communicate with the Developer. I have a right to know what the situation is?- I was sharing this information with others that have a similar investments and may have some worries!! Isn't this what this forum is for?????

I suggest you contact ACW Holdings direct to resolve any problems you have with them.

Heather

A

arjan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have olso received the land registration fee as 1960dh. But recently ACW is asking for further 1000dh for registration of sales agreement with Dubai Land department so, total of 2960dh. Is it the same experience for everyone
i am olso invested with ACW AND I HAVE PROBLEM WITH THEM
I AM FROM UK AND I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER INVESTER FROM ACW HOLDING TO JOIN TOGTER TO PROTACT OUR INVESTEMENT?
HI Sami--------I am first time on this forum. I am bit worried about the current condition especially ACW HOLDINGS. I invested in Platinum One & already paid 50% & 10% due on 9th of this month. I am from UK & never seen the actual project site. I don't know how it works but I am happy to be with an investers group who can make our action plan for current & future issues. Please update me ASAP & advise me about my due payment. If possible then give me a call on 07809449642.
Thanks

A

arjan

HI Sami--------I am first time on this forum. I am bit worried about the current condition especially ACW HOLDINGS. I invested in Platinum One & already paid 50% & 10% due on 9th of this month. I am from UK & never seen the actual project site. I don't know how it works but I am happy to be with an investers group who can make our action plan for current & future issues. Please update me ASAP & advise me about my due payment. If possible then give me a call on 07809449642.
Thank

D

del77

Heather - I am so with you on this. I am getting fed up of all this negative talk about ACW. I am an investor with ACW. I am investing in Hanover Square. I have paid 80% and the registration fees. I have not had any problems with them and am overall satisfied with my dealings with them.

I am fed up with all the scare mongering that has been circulated by email and on this forum. If you incur late fees, you have absolutely no-one to blame but YOURSELF. You signed a contract that stated the payment terms. You know the penalties if you don’t pay on time. And do people honestly think that with all the attention that ACW has got, and the way that they are expanding that they will just take our money and run???

If you are so concerned about the state of things and are one of the people that has used dramatic words such as “scared”, “helpless” or “lawyer” in your emails or in this forum, then I would suggest that you all take a 2 or 3 night trip to Dubai and VISIT them. Its pretty cheap over the next few months! Hopefully that should put your mind at ease!

As for questioning me as to whether I am true investor just because I am satisfied with them, that’s just pathetic! The ones to question are those who simply want to try and create and “them and us” scenario between investors and ACW, the ones that are all anti ACW but still choose to invest with them!

Today I got a 3 page letter from Ian Pask, General Manager of ACW Holdings. Hopefully you will all receive the same in the next day or 2. It does address the points of construction and how that is underway and also addresses Platinum 2 and the issues there. It also says that they are moving to a construction based payment schedule. What you all have to remember is that they have thousands of customers so the administration of these things does take a lot of effort. These things do take time and hopefully it will be worth it in the end. Until you all read the letter, I suggest you all give the moaning and scaremongering a brief break!

But the biggest thing that concerns me is how did "John Smith" or Krish Shrikanth or Mohammad Aqeel get our email address’??? This is still unanswered! It seems obvious that these address’ are all people who have invested in ACW Holdings. Would it be a stretch to far to suggest that perhaps an ACW database with our details has perhaps been broken into?? A bitter and twisted ex-employee perhaps?? Answers please!

D

del77

How conveinient. 2 people come on here and tell the forum that they are happy with Hanover Square. What does our resident scaremongerer Sami71 do? Makes up a stupid story about a delay, saying it will only be ready in Sep 2011. Sami, you should just come clean and tell us what your real agenda is.

F

financier888

Heather - I am so with you on this. I am getting fed up of all this negative talk about ACW. I am an investor with ACW. I am investing in Hanover Square. I have paid 80% and the registration fees. I have not had any problems with them and am overall satisfied with my dealings with them.

I am fed up with all the scare mongering that has been circulated by email and on this forum. If you incur late fees, you have absolutely no-one to blame but YOURSELF. You signed a contract that stated the payment terms. You know the penalties if you don’t pay on time. And do people honestly think that with all the attention that ACW has got, and the way that they are expanding that they will just take our money and run???

If you are so concerned about the state of things and are one of the people that has used dramatic words such as “scared”, “helpless” or “lawyer” in your emails or in this forum, then I would suggest that you all take a 2 or 3 night trip to Dubai and VISIT them. Its pretty cheap over the next few months! Hopefully that should put your mind at ease!

As for questioning me as to whether I am true investor just because I am satisfied with them, that’s just pathetic! The ones to question are those who simply want to try and create and “them and us” scenario between investors and ACW, the ones that are all anti ACW but still choose to invest with them!

Today I got a 3 page letter from Ian Pask, General Manager of ACW Holdings. Hopefully you will all receive the same in the next day or 2. It does address the points of construction and how that is underway and also addresses Platinum 2 and the issues there. It also says that they are moving to a construction based payment schedule. What you all have to remember is that they have thousands of customers so the administration of these things does take a lot of effort. These things do take time and hopefully it will be worth it in the end. Until you all read the letter, I suggest you all give the moaning and scaremongering a brief break!

But the biggest thing that concerns me is how did "John Smith" or Krish Shrikanth or Mohammad Aqeel get our email address’??? This is still unanswered! It seems obvious that these address’ are all people who have invested in ACW Holdings. Would it be a stretch to far to suggest that perhaps an ACW database with our details has perhaps been broken into?? A bitter and twisted ex-employee perhaps?? Answers please!
To any and everyone that has read my contributions on this thread :

1) I am not an employee of ACW and never have been
2) I have worked in development internationally and in Dubai
3) I have participated on govt' levels - as it relates to regulatory issues..

that said - I am not fully aware of every project that ACW is involved in but was seriously considering buying some units from them at the last cityscape till just about everything crashed. I considered buying from them because I felt they were reputable, reasonably priced and knew what they were doing.. Do I know their exact status (financial) now? I do not. However, from everything I have read in regard to those who have invested and are in communication with the management - If I accept that what has been stated it true - the management is acting in responable manner and senior management are directly communicating with the investors - RARE - especially in Dubai. In addition, I have no doubt, that if you pick-up the phone - you can speak directly with senior management and have your questions answered & truthfully. This is an example of how Investor Relations should be handled - whether private or listed companies - and I worked at senior levels at both.

Of course, it is in the best interest for any developer - to get started as soon as possible with construction as prices of materials have dropped -however, they cannot commission overnight - keeping in mind - they were just 'handed-over' the plot. Rumours abound in Dubai - always have... If you have doubts, questions etc - pick-up the phone and ask speak to the senior managements. Within all the best and most professional firms I know in Dubai - you can access / speak with the CEO !!! - Sadly, these firms are far and few in between. When senior management won't take your call or are away on 'extended' visits over seas - the start to worry... Keep in mind... this is internet !! and you can't beleive everything you read - so - when you have doubts - pick-up the phone. That's not say that you should rely on the spoken word - but I am sure, as in the case of ACW - as the site progresses - they will either post the pics on their website and email all concerned with the link..

PS - 'progress slow and sluggish' ? Well, even slow progress is progress! as compared to ZERO - NONE, which you can read about with some developers on this forum - who've been taking money, making empty promisies and have not moved so much as one teaspoon of sand and escrow accts with nominal balances remaing!! Try to remain 'level-headed' and explore every opportunity to engage and speak with the developers before running to atty's or raising the red flags.. Donald Trump had to cancel his latest project in Dubai and he's one the best in the world - the shift in the global economy has wiped out devlepors that are 2nd and 3rd generation!! Reputable and honest before the floor fell out beneath them. Overall, I think that based on what I reading, these guys are doing the best they can under the circumstances... think about it

good luck to you all!

Last edited:
S

sami71

These are the highlights of a meeting that took place with the head of RERA.

- He was already aware that the project had not yet started.

- He wanted to know what we wanted to do about this project.

- When told that we wanted the project cancelled as we had lost confidence in the developers ability to build and should be cancelled and our monies returned.

- He said that RERA finally has the power to cancel projects. He confirmed that he could cancel the project for us but that RERA would first have to do its own investigation to validate these facts/claims, ensure that there aren't other investors out there who might want to continue with the project, and to meet with the developer.

- When asked how long that process would take he said the agency's internal review would take two weeks to collect the evidence and take a decision. He said that the decision is taken by a committee that includes himself, Mr. Khaled, Mr. Emad and Mr Kamal.

- He emphasised that cancellation of the project by RERA had nothing to do with refund of any payments as this would need to be then done through the court system.

- When asked what he thought the chances of cancellation are, he said 50/50 because he first needed to do his investigation.

- He also said that there is a possibility that the developer might produce a bank guarantee for the full amount of the project and asked what our feelings would then be re continuing. We reiterated that this was a matter of lost trust and that we had serious concerns about the viability of the whole project going forward. The infrastructure to build is not in place and it could take another 2-3 years for that in the current climate and would go beyond the Completion date in the contract.

- He then made it clear that if we were interested RERA could play a mediation role re consolidation into other projects. We said that the Developer had already made proposals of that nature to us but that they were simply not acceptable. He said "Don't worry. Leave that to us."

- He mentioned at one stage that registration of the units by the buyers is important, then added "and now it's free". [Our view was that doing this might help legitimise the position of the developer]

- In response to a question re Escrow accounts, he surprisingly said that the law allows banks to provide those records only to investors whose units are registered with the Land Department.

- He twice mentioned that his view was that we should continue in the meantime with our legal cases.

- He summed up Next Steps as follows:
[1] RERA will meet with Developer next week

[2] RERA will let us know if there's reason for Developer and us to meet

[3] If not, RERA will start the process of its internal investigation on the basis of our request for cancellation of the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.