planning permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cathyb

Hi

could anyone tell me if you need planning permission to put a pool on your property in bulgaria?

also is it needed if you convert an outbuilding into an addition to your living quarters?

could i also ask how properties in bg are heated in the winter months

regards

Cathy

R

redhead

Hiya Cathy,

You do need planning permission to install an under ground pool but if you have one above ground you dont need it. Also if your converting your outbuilding to living quarters and its on the same footprints you dont need planning as long as the footings are ok. people usually have a woodburning stove for the winter or you can use the air conditioning units that blow hot and cold that run off electricity.

Tracy

R

richie

Hi,

This advice is back to front... building swimming pools in Bulgaria (even concrete under-ground constructions) do NOT need planning permission as long as they are less than 100 cubic meters in capacity (which is a very large pool of, say 6x11 x 1.5 deep) and are at least 3 meters from the neighbours boundary and from your own existing buildings.

Conversion of outbuildings to living accommodation does in theory need permission, although many people decide not to do this. If the building to be converted is sound it is very unlikely that you will have any difficulties, but you do need permission and to subsequently declare the additional living area as your annual taxes are partly based on built-up area of living accommodation.

If you need more information you can Google ****** - in a week or so we will have added new sections to the website giving further information on these matters. Believe, me, I've been living in BG for 4 years and have done similar projects (legally) many times for clients.

Cheers,
Richie

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jain and Chris

Hi Richie

Welcome on board - sorry for editing your post but advertising is not allowed on the boards - there is a special place for this.

You are quite right in your post about pools - good advice, thanks, as is your advice about outbuildings.

I'd just like to add a note about converting outbuildings... Many assume because the building is there and has a "footprint", you can just convert it. This is not always the case as the original outbuilding may not have had planning permission in the first instance. It's always worth checking!

By the way, we have readers who have used your company and have had no complaints about you ever :)

Cheers,

L

leepaul

Hi,

This advice is back to front... building swimming pools in Bulgaria (even concrete under-ground constructions) do NOT need planning permission as long as they are less than 100 cubic meters in capacity (which is a very large pool of, say 6x11 x 1.5 deep) and are at least 3 meters from the neighbours boundary and from your own existing buildings.

Conversion of outbuildings to living accommodation does in theory need permission, although many people decide not to do this. If the building to be converted is sound it is very unlikely that you will have any difficulties, but you do need permission and to subsequently declare the additional living area as your annual taxes are partly based on built-up area of living accommodation.

If you need more information you can Google ****** - in a week or so we will have added new sections to the website giving further information on these matters. Believe, me, I've been living in BG for 4 years and have done similar projects (legally) many times for clients.

Cheers,
Richie
Hi Richie, I read your reply to a post last year about planning permission in Bulgaria and thought that you may be of some help. I'm looking to extend a property near Veliko Tarnovo, I need the services of a good architect who can arrange planning permission aswell. Have you any recomendations? Many thanks... Lee

F

Fletch

Be prepared for a long wait to put your project togther, you also ask about heating most houses are heated by wood burners, although now more people are putting central heating which is also run on wood/coal. Good luck with your project.

Status
Not open for further replies.