Planning Permission needed??

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

growler

I have been advised by numerous people in Paraiba that if you own a granja and want to build a house or modify/extend the the existing property, planning permission is not required. Are there any informed readers out there who can confirm or deny this please?

Also, if someone were to purchase a large plot of land (not beachfront)of say 5 acres, would planning permission then be required before building?

debzor

debzor

I have been advised by numerous people in Paraiba that if you own a granja and want to build a house or modify/extend the the existing property, planning permission is not required. Are there any informed readers out there who can confirm or deny this please?

Also, if someone were to purchase a large plot of land (not beachfront)of say 5 acres, would planning permission then be required before building?
In my limited experience, in my area, if you are doing limited building for the purpose of the farm, for your own use, then you should be OK. However they are becoming stricter on this. If you are building to sell, definitely will require full permission.

Virgin land (beachfront or not) definitely will need all permissions, licenses, etc.

Your best move is to retain a good local attorney...

C

Coqueiro

You do need an Alvara, but depends if your local Prefeitura give a **** - or if they are forced to by a neighbor complaining about you taking his view, water, wind, air ....................

G

growler

Thanks for those answers, very helpful.

With regard to the view etc I was thinking more of a place with trees where this wouldn't be an issue but I guess I would still need PP.

B

brazilianlawyer

Dear All,

To any construction to extend a property is needed a permission.

However, when we talk about large properties such as a granja, sometimes the public authorities does not even complain for small changes.

Therefore, if possible always is best to have a permission and after it is build to register it on your public deed.

Regards,

Diego Felis Sales
Untitled Document

Status
Not open for further replies.