Planning permission for Mobile home in Silves?

T

the_elms

Hello there,
for a first post this may seem a bit longwinded so please bare with me. My Parents have bought some land in Silves on which the intended to place a mobile home so that they could spend 6 months a year in Portugal once they've both retired. It now seems that the local authority or "Camara" may still expect planning permission for this from what their solicitor has told them.

This seems to be the case for a home that they have seen which is 80 square metres.
Does anyone know if there is a 60 square metre limit on mobile homes before planning permission is required, or what the situation is in Silves at all?

My dad has drafted a letter to send to the Camara asking about all these but I'm led to believe that they may not be the most urgent of workers!! ;)

Thanks for any help.
Simon.

L

lena green

Hi, mobiles are a grey area as is anything standing on jacks or with wheels as, if you can move it, its 'parked' and therefor no planning required. If you involve the Camara, certainly with an English written letter, its doubtful you will even get a reply. They are not quick.
Look up .Algarve Camping' its a very large site nr albufieura, English run, I think you would get good advice there.

J

James Glassbrook

As I understand the law anything which alters the appearance of the land for more than half a year requires planning though moving a few metres can start a new period.If the land doesn't have an urban nº EDP will not connect.There can also be problems with water & sewage.
Jim