Planning application help with what it means.

Z

zaffy

I have seen some land that I would like to buy. I want to turn it into an equestrian business. At the moment there are no buildings there. The rules stipulate equestrian residence only, which is good. On the planning application there are several caveats and I do not know their significance. I would like to speak to someone about those caveats such as a planning officer, or someone from Council concerned, or the person that passed or wrote the approved application rules. How do I go about finding a willing contact to explain and discuss implications? I have spoken to the estate agent but he said he could not advise because it would only be his interpretation. Thank you, in advance.

F

FWL

Does it say who added the caveats on the planning application? Maybe if you list them here someone can point you in the right direction?

Z

zaffy

Does it say who added the caveats on the planning application? Maybe if you list them here someone can point you in the right direction?
Thanks but I have now found what the caveats mean and I am not going to pursue the property.

D

diyhelp

Would you care to expand on the caveats Zaffy, just incase any other members come across a similar situation?

Z

zaffy

Would you care to expand on the caveats Zaffy, just incase any other members come across a similar situation?
Apparently, the caveat below is because a dwelling is not allowed on the property. The log cabin can only remain for the duration of building an approved equestrian sports centre.

The log cabin hereby permitted shall be stationed on site and occupied for residential purposes for a limited period being the period of 3 years from the date of this decision. The log cabin hereby permitted shall be removed from site and the land where it has been sited restored to its former condition on or before 31st November 2020 in accordance with a scheme of work that shall have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority.

There are other caveats too such as only a certain type of equestrian business can be run from there.

I need accommodation with the business and there are too many restrictions for me, so I am looking elsewhere.

When I first read the caveat, I thought I must have misunderstood it because it seemed too ridiculous to erect a log cabin and pull it down after only 3 years, so that is why I asked.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
While to a certain extent I can understand these caveats - not sure that a building for accommodation would be any more of a mark on the landscape than a fully functioning equestrian business premises.

Z

zaffy

In fact quite fitting to have a log cabin, is it not but a glorified stable?

F

FWL

I totally agree Zaffy - but like you said, it is far too much hassle trying to fight/change the system. Better to move on to your next option.