Places to Eat and drink in Egypt

C

cuerdley1989

Le Deauville at Abu Tig Marina in El Gouna is out of this world!!!

D

danny

Went to a new steakhouse yesterday called Rancho in Hurghada, next door to Bulls. I had.......... wait for it............. barbequed pork chops, delicious. They are doing a promotion at the moment where for every main meal they throw in a couple of small beers. The wife and I had a main meal each and a couple of small beers each and got change from £11. Great atmosphere, good food and entertainment.

Georgina

Georgina

I went to the Miramar Restaurant yesterday. It is in the touristic area heading along the road that runs parallel to the Winking Frog and Metro near to Barclays Bank.

Very Egyptian atmosphere with men sitting around smoking shishas. Good value Egyptian food. Had fresh canteloupe melon juice (sorry no alcohol here) but the melon juice is to die for. Veal in mushroom sauce with good selection of vegetables and french fries. I think that was LE35. Pizzas are LE25. Wonderful 'cappacino mix' with fresh cream and chocolate on top.

Last edited:
queenie40something

queenie40something

Sounds good Georgina. Last month we found an Egyptian restaurant at Jasmine Centre - used by locals and quite full as the fottie was on as well. Not one foreigner in there. We had salads, dips, rice, veg stew, chicken, bread and water for 25le each and there were loads of food.

Another Egyptian one that just opened at Arabsat was fantastic. Paul had seafood spaq, I had fish Tagen, PJ had a prawn one. They bought out loads of lovely fresh salads which included a lovely one with beetroot and chickpeas, coleslaw, rice, dips, 2 baskets of flat bread, 3 large bottles of water and soft drinks and they gave us a discount and again we had a feast fit for a king and including tip was under £14 for the 3 of us. They gave us a good discount - we added up what it should have been and it would have been around £24 with tip. It really pays to get to know the locals, let them know you have invested and many will gve you discounts or local prices. Paul and PJ went on their own for the 1st time they ate there and they loved it when we all came back 2 nights later. Another local one we used at Jasmine was for our takeaways. We would sit and chill watching the belly dancers in Sahara shisha - Michael here is lovely and again he always gave us discounts - then order some grilled chicken, salad and flat breads with dips to take home for a couple of quid. Made a great midnight snack for the 4 of us for next to nothing.

J

jill

hi the eating places sound great are these in hurghada we have an apartment by the winking frog , is it any where near this or can you give me some direction if you dont mind , as we like to try different places many thanks
regards jill

Another Egyptian one that just opened at Arabsat was fantastic. Paul had seafood spaq, I had fish Tagen, PJ had a prawn one. They bought out loads of lovely fresh salads which included a lovely one with beetroot and chickpeas, coleslaw, rice, dips, 2 baskets of flat bread, 3 large bottles of water and soft drinks and they gave us a discount and again we had a feast fit for a king and including tip was under £14 for the 3 of us. They gave us a good discount - we added up what it should have been and it would have been around £24 with tip. It really pays to get to know the locals, let them know you have invested and many will gve you discounts or local prices. Paul and PJ went on their own for the 1st time they ate there and they loved it when we all came back 2 nights later. Another local one we used at Jasmine was for our takeaways. We would sit and chill watching the belly dancers in Sahara shisha - Michael here is lovely and again he always gave us discounts - then order some grilled chicken, salad and flat breads with dips to take home for a couple of quid. Made a great midnight snack for the 4 of us for next to nothing.[/QUOTE]

H

HurghadaLover

Another good place to eat

Regency Towers have a tapiyakki resturant where the cheff cooks the food infront of you it is a really good show as well.

We went last week while we were over in Hurghada

Absolutly fantastic and fun

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Another good place to eat

Regency Towers have a tapiyakki resturant where the cheff cooks the food infront of you it is a really good show as well.

We went last week while we were over in Hurghada

Absolutly fantastic and fun
But I heard its crazy expensive

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi the eating places sound great are these in hurghada we have an apartment by the winking frog , is it any where near this or can you give me some direction if you dont mind , as we like to try different places many thanks
regards jill

Another Egyptian one that just opened at Arabsat was fantastic. Paul had seafood spaq, I had fish Tagen, PJ had a prawn one. They bought out loads of lovely fresh salads which included a lovely one with beetroot and chickpeas, coleslaw, rice, dips, 2 baskets of flat bread, 3 large bottles of water and soft drinks and they gave us a discount and again we had a feast fit for a king and including tip was under £14 for the 3 of us. They gave us a good discount - we added up what it should have been and it would have been around £24 with tip. It really pays to get to know the locals, let them know you have invested and many will gve you discounts or local prices. Paul and PJ went on their own for the 1st time they ate there and they loved it when we all came back 2 nights later. Another local one we used at Jasmine was for our takeaways. We would sit and chill watching the belly dancers in Sahara shisha - Michael here is lovely and again he always gave us discounts - then order some grilled chicken, salad and flat breads with dips to take home for a couple of quid. Made a great midnight snack for the 4 of us for next to nothing.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Jill no sorry these are in Nabq, Sharm.

R

rossantony

moby dick..Hurghhada, Sheraton Road

I had a rib eye steak in Moby Dicks the other day and it was the best steak I have had in Egypt by a mile. 90LE, Seasoned, tenderised and cooked to perfection (medium to medium rare) 3 sauces to choose from (Pepper, Mushroom and Garlic) Normally a steak of this size would go unfinished, but it was just too tasty to leave anything on the plate.

I went there because one lunchtime I had the best chicken sandwich I had eaten in ages, for 18LE...bootiful marinated butterflied fillets...fresh baguette and side salad.

I went there again today and had the Spaghetti Bolognese..18LE, FANTASTICO, with fresh basil and pasta.

Interior is nice, with pretty boothes, it also has a patio garden, and even though it's on Sheraton Street its remarkably quiet. They were playing Pavarotti Opera when I was there for my Spag Bol, which made it taste even more authentic!

Sales Tax and Service is included in the above prices and the waiters are extremely polite and professional.

I give Moby Dick 10/10 for value, taste, and ambience. If only the menu was bigger I would be a permanant fixture. Still what they do, they do very well indeed.

Last edited:
R

rossantony

pies

Does anyone know anyone who bakes English pies in Hurghada? There used to be a lady doing it but I lost her number :(
karen makes em and bakes em and serves them up in papas marina...they come with proper chips, and gravy...you have to ask for extra gravy!

G

gordies

vegetarian food

does anyone have details of good vegetarian restaurants in Hurghada?

thanks,

Gordie

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi - I have merged your thread with this one where you will find lots of recommended ones. Georgina willl have input lots of recommedations.

Personnaly I find in Sharm the typical Egyptian restaurants offer a very good choice for veggies. Try Koushari ( sp ) we get it from a takeaway for 3le for a large pot! Delish x

D

danny

Went to The Lodge tonight on the new marina, Hurghada.
We had breaded mushrooms and chicken tenders as a starter and fillet mignot and new york strip for mains with fresh vegetables and vegatbles in vinegarette. Excellent meal and all for just £20.

R

rossantony

veggie food

does anyone have details of good vegetarian restaurants in Hurghada?

thanks,

Gordie
no dedicated veggie restaurant but felfela's taa-mia's ( falafels ) and arabic mezze are veggie heaven!

D

danny

Marina Sphinx now open where Prates fish and chip shop used to be opposite HSBC on Hurghada new marina.

P

propertastic

Marina Sphinx now open where Prates fish and chip shop used to be opposite HSBC on Hurghada new marina.
They've started off a price war on beer.

Now the French place next door is matching them at LE10 a bottle.

D

danny

Have been back in Hurghada for 2 weeks and visited Senzo Mall for the first time, quite a few european shops and eateries. Had a curry whilst we were there, cost around £9 for the two of us very enjoyable and would eat there again. Went to the "Coffee Company" very similar to "Starbucks" and again very enjoyable. Couldn't spend more than two hours there but certainly worth a visit. Taxi from Arabia and back cost us 50le. Could have got it cheaper but thought £5 return was reasonable.

Had a couple of nights out at "Jukebox 3", on a small street opposite Le Pacha Hotel in Sakalla, 7le for a bottle of Stella and 50le for a steak, the chefs no Gordon Ramsey, but not bad for a fiver.

D

danny

I was just saying to the wife, as we were checking to come back home from Hurghada, that what the airport needed was a Burger King, low and behold they now have one in departures as well as an English themed pub and a coffee shop. Better than the overpriced Pizza we usually have to suffer when in departures.

(I was just looking at the time I put that post on, that was what time we finally arrived home after getting diverted from Manchester to Birmingham due to snow, waited 40 minutes on the tarmac at Birmingham until they could get us off on to coaches for a 2 hour trip back to Manchester, once back people were coming through Manchester arrivals without a care in the world from other flights without a problem)

Last edited:
john'n'kate

john'n'kate

Burger King!!!!

Have you no pride?

What is bad are the prices they charge for food and drink in the airport, rob yer eyes out they do!

D

danny

Burger King!!!!

Have you no pride?

What is bad are the prices they charge for food and drink in the airport, rob yer eyes out they do!
Choice : Sbarro, 2 peices of cold Pizza £15 or Burgerking, 2 hot Whopper meals £12, Burgerking wins hands down until a steak house opens or you start doing barbeques on departure which would be more preferable.

As for prices, it's swings and roundabouts, food expensive booze and cigs cheap, same as any airport in the world.

Last edited: