Places to Eat and drink in Egypt

P

propertastic

If this is the same place it is absolutely lovely. Is it called 'La Luna'

Lyndsay
No, La Luna is in Shertaon Road next to Aquafun. The one next to La Perla is Da Nanni.

Both of them are excellent.

Another good Italian is La Forno which is further along the Sheraton Road close to the Regina Hotel.

R

Red Sea Way

La Luna is the one located at Bella vista Hotel, but the other one i meant called Da Nani
Normally when i want to eat the best Pizza in Hurghada i'm always going to La Luna and for the Pasts and the others ....Da Nani is the best

steak house , there is a good resturant where is Shedwan hotel Located ,its an Argentain Resturant ( littel bit expenseve)

Last edited:
R

Red Sea Way

Hi All

Some times eery body want to touch the culuter of Egypt , with trying the Egyptian food
but where we can find teh clean and the tasty
there is one resturant called El Dar Dark behind the Central ....try it

J

JohnAdam

Banned
We find if you want a good steak the Bull's is great. Hardy's is the place for burgers

P

propertastic

We find if you want a good steak the Bull's is great. Hardy's is the place for burgers
Ever since it was launched three weeks ago, I have switched allegiance from Hardee's to Burger King.

The staff there are so incredibly polite.

R

Razzel

Has anyone mentioned Drifters, which is off the main high street by the side of the post office, all the food is fresh daily and cooked to perfection. a must for any hungry being!

R

Razzel

Also as well as Drifters, theres all the eating places in the new Marina, especially Shade and The Lodge, both well worth a meal at.

G

GM43

Banned
Ever since it was launched three weeks ago, I have switched allegiance from Hardee's to Burger King.

The staff there are so incredibly polite.
But don't come to close to the staff! As they are wearing synthetic shirts, they are smelling bad!!

Georgina

Georgina

Smugglers Pub

It was great to meet Suzanne and her family in the Smugglers Pub in El Gouna last night. Attached photo of myself (working there Sunday nights),Richard the owner enjoying his night off and Suzanne.

Attachments

L

lyndsay552

Tokyo Blue

We went last night to the opening night of the new Teppanyaki restaurant at Regency Towers. It was absolutely fantastic and really good value for money. We had a four course meal and it was 120le.

P1010685.JPG

P1010691.JPG

P1010667.JPG

Georgina

Georgina

Wanted to try the Japanese restaurant tonight but we spent too much time in Hurghada marina saying hello to the ex-Gounie workers that we were too late.

So instead we went to the Indian restaurant at the Winking Frog. Think it just opened tonight. It was excellent. Highly recommended.

Georgina

Georgina

Star Lounge and Bar, Hurghada Marina

My friend Sherif Bartaw has recently opened this bar at the far end of Hurghada Marina (the Abu Ashara end). There is a wonderful atmosphere and Sherif's attention to detail is apparent with the decor. Note the antique tiles on the floor inside and the novel Sakara (or was it Stella) bottle chandelier. Open from 6pm.

S

SuziQ2708

My friend Sherif Bartaw has recently opened this bar at the far end of Hurghada Marina (the Abu Ashara end). There is a wonderful atmosphere and Sherif's attention to detail is apparent with the decor. Note the antique tiles on the floor inside and the novel Sakara (or was it Stella) bottle chandelier. Open from 6pm.
All sounds good Georgina, you'll have to show us these places next summer ;) Got any pics?

D

danny

Star Bar

I went into the Star Bar and Lounge last night and a had great meal, the atmosphere was chilled. The decor has an Arabian ambiance and the seating is very comfortable. Well reccomended to eat and drink here. Not expensive either, they do house special meals at a fiver, last night was Steak.

Last edited:
D

danny

Shades

I went into the Star Bar and Lounge last night and a had great meal, the atmosphere was chilled. The decor has an Arabian ambiance and the seating is very comfortable. Well reccomended to eat and drink here. Not expensive either, they do house special meals at a fiver, last night was Steak.
Another bar I frequent is Shades further down towards Papas. The chef is Swedish and the Host Julia is German (I think) and very welcoming. They have excellent food, one of the best steaks in Hurghada for around £10 and brilliant music with guest DJs most evenings. Seating is on beanbags/fatboys great for people watching, star gazing or getting tipsy (problem getting up though) or you can sit at tables and eat and drink. Caters for the younger end of the market with music but the more discerning for food. Having said that I am 47 and going through my second youth and do not feel out of place there at all. The Bingley family have been over for the past month and visited 3 or 4 times and they thoroughly enjoyed it as a family too.

Last edited:
Georgina

Georgina

Another bar I frequent is Shades further down towards Papas.
The Chef is Alex who used to be at Le Deauville in El Gouna and he is excellent. Ahmed, who was a waiter for many years at Le Deauville and so professional has now opened the Italian restaurant just after Shades. I notice all along the best staff have been poached from El Gouna and are now working in Hurghada marina. For me I find the prices quite high, similar to El Gouna because they say the rents are so high. The mark up on alcohol is enormous. The novelty of venturing away from El Gouna and risking life and limb on the road to Hurghada was the cheaper prices. It was only a few years ago that a fillet steak in Le Deauville was LE45.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Eating out in Hurghada

I have not read all of the threads on eating out so not sure if this has been mentioned before. If you like fish you MUST try El Mina the fish restaurant in Dahar. There is another branch in Sakalla but the Dahar one is the best. The fish soup (without bones) is to die for and at 17 EGP is an absolute steal. Calamari, White Fish, Lobster and Crab are all on display and are sold by the kilo at prices so incredibly cheap you will not believe.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Burgerking

But don't come to close to the staff! As they are wearing synthetic shirts, they are smelling bad!!
Having an office above Burgerking is convenient but definately not good for the waistline! Better to go to Summerland 2, next to MacDonalds in the side street of Sheraton Road; the best Lentils Soup I have ever tasted and Fabulous salads and Chargrilled lamp chops by the kilo. Brilliant value at around 40 EGP per head including soft drinks.

L

Lsab

Just a little reminder that Ramadan starts in a day or two. Not sure what the form is in touristic areas but maybe opening times will be different?

M

miss_caramel

Pies in Hurghada

Does anyone know anyone who bakes English pies in Hurghada? There used to be a lady doing it but I lost her number :(