any thoughts on propertythere?
cheerio

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Olicombet,

I have been quite a lot as we go out regularly to look at developments there and I always enjoy myself there. The place is one of those towns which is full of people that went there for a week's holiday and never left. It has lots of nice restaurants, bars, shops and places to stay, plus the beaches are really fantastic.

Regarding property, it has an excellent rental and capital gains history. The town hall figures for hotel/pousada occupancy averaged 62% for last year.

Planning permission there is pretty tight, two stories max or 7.5 metres, plus there is a lot of federally protected Atlantic forest there so it will never get built out.

We sell a lot of property there as not only is it a good investment but people have a great time when they go there.

Rob.

P

praiapipa

commercial activities in pipa

hello i envisage to settle there and launch an activity linked with tourism; has anyone been there and thinks of some missing service? any potential partner interested in my project? cheers

M

michaelbush

Dont forget to get your permanent visa so you can work in Brasil! Pipa is great if you really want tourists- loads of Dutch, Scandinavian and now the brits are coming. Quite a quaint touristy place in my view, but close enough to other beaches like Tabau do Sul. Night life in season is pretty good, but can be pretty dead out of season. (dont understand why Thomsons do not come in the winter(here) as well, weather still hot etc. The sister Dutch company I believe fly all year from Amsterdam.) Anyway make sure you research your proposed business well, and do not expect to get rich!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Dont forget to get your permanent visa so you can work in Brasil! Pipa is great if you really want tourists- loads of Dutch, Scandinavian and now the brits are coming. Quite a quaint touristy place in my view, but close enough to other beaches like Tabau do Sul. Night life in season is pretty good, but can be pretty dead out of season. (dont understand why Thomsons do not come in the winter(here) as well, weather still hot etc. The sister Dutch company I believe fly all year from Amsterdam.) Anyway make sure you research your proposed business well, and do not expect to get rich!
Not sure about Pipa being quaint nor touristy. I would call Ponta Negra touristy, Pipa always reminds me of Byron Bay in Australia about 20 years ago.

I am also not sure why you would go to the beach at Tibau, other than for the beach restaurants at the river entrance (and freshly shucked oysters mmmmmm),rather than use any of the three beaches in Pipa.

Regarding the proposed business, I really can't think of anything that is obviously missing, the place is full of the usual shops, restaurants, bars, hotels and pousadas, so you would have to go out there, have a look and talk to people there.

P

praiapipa

Bob and Michael
thanks a lot for your comments
i will think it over!
best regards

J

JMBroad

Great place, full of life (or was yesterday anyway). Didn't really spend enough time there to be able to tell you what business is missing but I did see; hairdressers, tatoo parlors, lots of bars, chemists, surfshops, beachwear shops, restaurants, beach bar (club which opened about a week ago),hotel (Portuguese group).

Little bit further away just outside Pipa there is a massage/lie in a hammock on the beach-type-place, not sure if there is one inside Pipa.

Bustling with life though, lots of people of all nationalities (recognised the languages - Swedish, Italian, German, Portuguese, English, Dutch, French) and lots of Brazilian tourists too. Most were probably Portuguese. The "main" restaurant is Portuguese too, run by a Benfica supporter Antonio (who wasn't too happy to hear I support Sporting over Benfica, but let me get away with it.)

But doesn't have that horrible "cheap tacky tourism" feel at all, great feeling

Last edited:
C

C J P

Hi All

I recently visited Pipa as I was interested in it as an investment opportunity. I researched some other areas but have decided to go with investing in Pipa. The town has a great atmosphere and everyone was so friendly - lets hope it lasts.

Olicombet - you could set up a rival deckchair company on the Praia D'Amor - their wooden ones were really uncomfortable! On possibly a more sensible note, there was a lack of windsurfing but maybe there is a good reason for this??

C

Celt

brisas do amor

Has anyone heard about a condominium development called Brisas do Amor which is being marketed by solhus.nu, a Norwegian agent? It is close to praia do amor about 1km from Pipa.

regards
Celt

P

praiapipa

i am there next week for 10 days and will investigate and share ideas once i am back home

M

michaelbush

i am there next week for 10 days and will investigate and share ideas once i am back home
Hi Praia- you will be here for CarNatal then starts next THursday till Sunday
2nd Dec. If you have business in Natal itself best do it early in the week!

P

praiapipa

thanks for the info but i actually land on 3rd!!! i will miss it this year

Status
Not open for further replies.