Photos of Egypt / Trips

P

philthecar

can anybody let us know what trips are available in Hurghada in January and which is the best way to book them ie. at hotel ? We are hoping to go on quad bikes or camel ride ?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi we really enjoyed the boat trip to Giftun Island - it was amazing. It is cheaper if you book outside the hotel. You will find trips being sold every where. We paid about £18 each for the quads which also incorporated a short camel ride as well.

A

awahee123

Banned
If you book in the hotel you will find it expensive,there are a few travel shops that take part selling all of these activities,have a good look round before you book.
Make sure you have insurance included inwhatever excursion you choose.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Giftun Island is great; you could be in the Caribbean but without the long flight!!

A

awahee123

Banned
This is another of my to do things,I have heard a lot of good reviews of Giftun Island.
How will I ever get the time to do all this?..

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi WA you must do Giftun Island it really is amazing, the water is so blue and so clear. Totally unspoilt.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi queenie,

I certainly will,once I start spending a lot more time there I have a lot to see and do.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
We did a trip to el Glouna, fantastic day, go karts fantastic there, lots of bars, kids play area and the boats. We also did the Chinese resterant really good food, but the cousin of the owner took us there he is a very good friend of ours so the prices were very good too.

A

awahee123

Banned
Take a trip to Sahl and let us know what it's like.
There is plenty to do apart from the norm what all the large travel agents offer.

P

philthecar

how far is it to giftun island from hurghada by boat and as we dont dive is it worth going if you are not interested in this (or more so if you are too scared to try) !!!

J

J4hurghada

Banned
it is half an hourish, but even if you don't like snorkeling it's ok on the boat, they have life jackets and people to go in with you just for a quick look, they help with people that can not swim and kids too. Well worth the try and a good day out. Try it you will be amaized.

P

philthecar

just returned from hurghada and had great trip on the quad bikes ! Extremely well organised and lasted about 6 hours in total. Well worth the effort and soreness on all parts of the body the following day

L

lyndsay552

who did you book it through and how much did it cost?

Did you enjoy Hurghada?

N

nuttybird

Hi we really enjoyed the boat trip to Giftun Island - it was amazing. It is cheaper if you book outside the hotel. You will find trips being sold every where. We paid about £18 each for the quads which also incorporated a short camel ride as well.
Hi Queenie and everyone
Going to Hurghada 18th April,and was wondering about the giftun island trip.Is it a relaxing boat trip? or all singing,dancing party atmosphere? are you expected to dive? or can you just swim normally or just lay back and enjoy the ride?!! How long does the day last? and about how much does it cost?
Sorry for all the questions!
Many thanks

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi Queenie and everyone
Going to Hurghada 18th April,and was wondering about the giftun island trip.Is it a relaxing boat trip? or all singing,dancing party atmosphere? are you expected to dive? or can you just swim normally or just lay back and enjoy the ride?!! How long does the day last? and about how much does it cost?
Sorry for all the questions!
Many thanks

Hi Nuttybird,

We have done this trip twice, It is fantastic, it takes about 6 hours full day trip, if you can snorkel its brilliant, they do have life jackets for the weak swimmers, you do your own thing, make it what you want it to be. The staff on the boats are very good at what they do. There is a bar on the island, the boat is where you eat your dinner and they have soft drinks for you.
You do not do deep diving with these boats, We even managed to see the dolphin's hence pictures to prove it. GO FOR IT it great

Attachments

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Nuttybird and welcome to the forum. As per above it is fab day out. Its not a party boat full of lager louts getting drunk and being sick!! It is a laugh if you get a good crowd - we were the only English on the boat but still made friends and had a brill day out. Even caught Barracuda on the way there and they cooked it up for lunch as well. The staff on board were very entertaining.

N

nuttybird

Thanks J4 and Queenie
Looks like i"ll be doing that trip then!! (if i get chance between sorting out my appartment!!)
These forums are great......should be doing the housework though!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks J4 and Queenie
Looks like i"ll be doing that trip then!! (if i get chance between sorting out my appartment!!)
These forums are great......should be doing the housework though!!
Same here!! Yes this one is a great site for getting free advise. Hope your move goes well. J4 is moving out this year as is Propertastic. I am buying in Sharm and will be coming across on the ferry for a day out!!

I think my daughter has some pics of our boat trip on her laptop so I will get her to email them to me and try to put them on here.

Queenie.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Nuttiebird,

I know the feeling but housework can wait. How long you going over for and where are you flying from, we are out on the 18th too.