Photos of Egypt / Trips

N

nuttybird

Yep.....housework now on hold!! this is much more fun!
We are flying from Gatwick on 18th.Most of the time we will be getting our appartment sorted (as long as the furniture arrives from the UK on time!!) but my partner has never been to Egypt,so want to show him around a bit.Not sure if there are any public beaches in Hurghada,any ideas?

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Plenty of public beaches, there is a thread on them somewhere, you will have to do desert dtrip too fantastic day out, quadbiking, camel riding, snake zoo, two meals, show and the jeep safari taking you in the mountians for all this. 12 noon kickoff back 8-9pm

N

nuttybird

Yea i did the desert trip last time i was out there.It was brilliant,especially the sunset.Camel tipped me over his head though while i was about to get off!! grrrr:eek:

J

J4hurghada

Banned
We also went to El Gouna for a day trip the bars, the marina, go karts and we had a meal in the chinese restaurant, Fantastic day out just to see how the other half live.

N

nuttybird

Excuse my ignorance here,but is a day in ElGouna a boat trip or by road? is the beach a public one?

J

J4hurghada

Banned
We went with friend that lives in Hurghada and his cousin owns the chinese restaurant there, but there are busses that go to el gouna and also taxi's and you do your own thing. Yes there is a beautiful beach, Combie would know details regarding El Gouna with her having apartment there too.They do the golfing there too.

crombiestone

crombiestone

Thats Mr Crombie ;)

There are 2 Public beaches

1) Zeytouna which is in on an island between the Sheraton & Movenpick hotels . It can be accessed by boat from Downtown and via bridges from the 2 hotels . It has a market and restaurants and a long jetty to get out past the shallow water

2) Mangroovy beach is to the North of the Marina . The Marina bus also goes there . This beach is very shallow for a long way out and is very popular with kite surfers. There are a couple of refreshment options here too.

You also have to wander around the Marina and drool over the Yachts and think which one you would have after that lottery win.

No need to come here on an organised tour
Buses from Hurghada run Ever 20 Minutes and cost 5le
a day ticket for the buses and boats inside El Gouna costs 5le
Come and explore !

Last edited:
J

J4hurghada

Banned
Sorry Mr Crombie.

Thanks for the insight for the others, I know it is a great place and we all enjoyed our day out. You bought at a fantastic time and for what I paid for mine 2 years ago I would have only been able to buy a beech hut in El Gouna if they had them. Sorry for getting things wrong but I am just a dizzy blond.

Am I forgiven

Best regards

Jayne

crombiestone

crombiestone

Sorry Mr Crombie.

Thanks for the insight for the others, I know it is a great place and we all enjoyed our day out. You bought at a fantastic time and for what I paid for mine 2 years ago I would have only been able to buy a beech hut in El Gouna if they had them. Sorry for getting things wrong but I am just a dizzy blond.

Am I forgiven

Best regards

Jayne
Of Course you are forgiven

regards

David

N

nuttybird

Hello mr crombie!!:D

Thanks for great info on El gouna.Another day out to add to my list!!

Nuttybird.......another dizzy blonde!

P

philthecar

our trip on the quads cost us 70 pounds for all three of us and we just booked it through the person who picked us up from the airport. Paid a further 15 for 3 dvds as well. Excellant value

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Who picked you up from airport phil?

is'nt it funny how they can charge one one price and someone else another, We paid £75 for 7 of us in November £15 for each adult (4) and Half price for two kids with little one free.
These are things that need to be sorted out before going asking questions on what price we all paid and then bartering it down to that price.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
sorry we paid 750le which is not quite £75, and yes the DVD is £15.00

P

philthecar

ours worked out at 20 for each adult x 3. 9 pounds for the 3 headscarves and l5 for the dvd ! There are many different prices out there. We used the person you recommended to us to collect us etc.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
I alway use iraida to pickup from airport, did you use them? I would'nt have recommend anyone else as I don't know anyone else.

We will all have to stick together to save anyone else paying over the odds, I know some that have paid £25.00 per person. They see us English coming and think we are megga rich. bet the russians don't pay anything like we pay.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi phil just read other thread and the taxi driver did you agood service and by explaining everything to you regarding Hurghada and showing you around. It's worth keeping his number for anyone on here. It's nice to have numbers then when over in Hurghada you do not have to haggle for the taxi just buy the sim card for phone and ring.

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
locals

we hate the contrived , the controlled and the over inflated tourguide trips.

get back on the coach ..be back for a certain time..

we took a walk down kololi beach in gambia . we met the charismatic senyay bojeng a beach bum with a tourist badge round his neck.. we got talking , he walked with us and before you knew it , we embarked on a fabulous trip.. the local townships the , the tye dye factory, main town of serrekunda, the crocodile sanctury to overcome my fear of crocks, and a jaunt through the coconut plantations where he and his friends tapped the local produce climbed trees and gave us some of the local moonshine. we then went to his house where his wife cooked us a meal in the evening.

then in sri lanka , we met a guy called silva , a slightly clingy guy but he and his mate took us to the beautiful city ofkandy , the elephant sanctury and the tea plantations . we then asked him to give us a sri lankan feast and we went back to his family home and ate like king and queen , shared a joke and were graced with his childrens inquisitve presence.. he even gave cara flowers once our wedding ceremony was over... you cant get that on a tour..

can anyone recommend a local to guide us around maybe to pyramids , other main sights etc??

maybe not in feb , but anytime.... we want to get to know people and not be fleeced by holiday reps.. im not bothered by insurance issues, just like making friends and returning to uk with true memories..

Last edited:
P

philthecar

the guy we met worked in the hotel we were staying arranging taxis etc. and because phil can speak egyptian they got talking and simply offered to do this for us for nothing. He does not do it for a living but you know how friendly egyptians are !

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
the guy we met worked in the hotel we were staying arranging taxis etc. and because phil can speak egyptian they got talking and simply offered to do this for us for nothing. He does not do it for a living but you know how friendly egyptians are !
we are staying at the marriott infeb

who is this guy you mention??

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I know an excellent guide in Cairo. He met us at the airport with his driver and took us wherever we wanted to go.

Also know a driver in Luxor - takes you off the beaten track if you want. He even took us to his ' village ' where his wife and daughter had prepared lunch for us. Let me know if you want their details.