Pet Transportation

V

vix

My friends recently had their Jack Russell shipped all the way to Granada, very long flight for a very old dog, jumped of the plane bounding with energy and full of enthusiasm. Loves it there, sandy beaches are a dogs paradise.

L

lyndsay552

Help!!

Everything for our dogs move has been sorted out. Or so we thought.

She had her rabies and microchip done on Tuesday night but in the paperwork we got from DEFRA it stated that her export certificate had to be stamped by the Egyptian Consulate in London.

After speaking to the vet, we where even more confused. The Export Certificate cannot be issued until 96 hours before she travels, as the vet has to give her the all clear to fly. But this export certificate has to be sent to London to be stamped and returned before we can fly.

We fly on a thurs, so the final vet check can be carried out on the monday morning.

If we send the paperwork by next day delivery, the embassy would get it on tues morning. The embassy told me that it would take 3 working days to process. Some how the figures just don't add up!!

Has anyone had this problem before?

If we do arrive in Hurghada with all the correct paperwork but it not stamped by the consulate, what is likely to happen?

Any advice would be greatly apprecaited.

Lyndsay

L

Lsab

God what a hassle - just what you need. If push came to shove, could you or Glenn fly over to London on monday and hand it in personally? I know that seems extreme - I hope that somebody has a better idea. I assume that you explained the discrepancy to the person you spoke to? What did they say?

M

M Butler

Lindsay,
Have just spoken to a friend who brought her dog out from the UK and she used a professional kennel who deals with animal transit. She has suggested that you contact your local government office who should be able to put you in contact with a company who can help you organise the details. She says it is obviously more expensive but it was the only way they could do it within the time frame. She thinks there is a bit of fiddling involved but it would seem to be necessary. I am assuming you are tavelling with your dog. Apparently the other way to do it is to use a professional company to transport your dog on his own then they deal with everthing. Again, this is more expensive but it is a way round the system.

How is everything else going? When will you arrive in Hurghada? We are moving down on the 1st June so we are in the middle of packing up 2 lots of freight - one to the UK and one to El Gouna. Biggest laugh is that I am supposed to send everything back that we brought out including anything that is broken, or we have to pay the duty. This means that we are sending stuff back only to hand carry it out again like golf clubs, raquets and some electrical stuff. I hope we get away with keeping our clothes here but I suppose it depends on the mood the customs guys are in on the day!!!
Anyway, good luck I hope this helps.

Margaret

M

M Butler

Why is life never easy!
Yep, you can say that again. I have just realised that all the replacement cheapy plates I have bought so that I can keep my M&S ones here are all marked Made in Egypt. I must remember to look for things made in China!! Surely they won't be able to track them down. I am trying to keep my sense of humour about it all but have had to resort to the old paracetamol. Thank God I don't have any pets to worry about, just the old man!!

Margaret

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
In our house Margaret the pets come before I do! That makes me eighth in the pecking order after three dogs and four cats!!

C

CMChris

Lol Poor Peter glad to see that you know your place. Hubby here knows that he's well down on the list after my girls, the dogs, the horses and then the fish. Then he has to suffer being 1 of only 2 males, the other being Blobby, 1 of our horses, who's castrated!

M

M Butler

Peter,

Maybe that's the reason Neil won't agree to any pets in our home.

Margaret

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Glad I'm not a horse!!! It's a good job too my son's tropical fish don't count, there's 5000of them!! Anybody want some? They all have to find new homes!

M

M Butler

Glad I'm not a horse!!! It's a good job too my son's tropical fish don't count, there's 5000of them!! Anybody want some? They all have to find new homes!
That's what I call a fish pond....Sounds like you are saving the planet on your own there Peter. I remember when I was about 6 years old we had 1 tortoise, 2 budgies, 1 cat, 1 dog and 5 puppies, but 5000 fish???? Hell, that's a lot of fish food every day and a lot of plastic bags to transport them....

Margaret

Last edited:
M

MrSkipsey

Cant you buy one of those baby shark things? Your only have the shark to get rid off after a few days!:eek:

L

lyndsay552

Thanks everyone for the advice, i'm still working on it.

Any ideas what would happen if we arrived in Hurghada with all the correct paperwork but no embassy stamp?

Will they destroy the dog or would she have to go into quartantine?

Thanks

Lyndsay

M

M Butler

Thanks everyone for the advice, i'm still working on it.

Any ideas what would happen if we arrived in Hurghada with all the correct paperwork but no embassy stamp?

Will they destroy the dog or would she have to go into quartantine?

Thanks

Lyndsay
You might not get that far without the correct documentation for the port of entry. I would have thought that all your paperwork would be checked in the UK before you could put your dog on the plane and again in your stop over airport.
Do they have quarantine in Egypt?

Good luck,
Margaret

L

lyndsay552

You might not get that far without the correct documentation for the port of entry. I would have thought that all your paperwork would be checked in the UK before you could put your dog on the plane and again in your stop over airport.
Do they have quarantine in Egypt?

Good luck,
Margaret
There is no quarantine regulations in Egypt.

She will have all the correct documentation to leave the country ie pet passport for EU and export certificate for travelling

Lyndsay

M

M Butler

There is no quarantine regulations in Egypt.

She will have all the correct documentation to leave the country ie pet passport for EU and export certificate for travelling

Lyndsay
I don't know Lindsay. The friend I spoke to had some professional kennel company take care of everything, at a price of course.
Is there a courier service that could collect the paperwork from the Egyptian Embassy and bring it to you at the airport?
Maybe Zaied could advise you about the Egypt end.

Margaret

L

lyndsay552

I hadn't thought of Zaied.

I'll give that a go.

Thanks

Lyndsay

V

vix

Help!!

Everything for our dogs move has been sorted out. Or so we thought.

She had her rabies and microchip done on Tuesday night but in the paperwork we got from DEFRA it stated that her export certificate had to be stamped by the Egyptian Consulate in London.

After speaking to the vet, we where even more confused. The Export Certificate cannot be issued until 96 hours before she travels, as the vet has to give her the all clear to fly. But this export certificate has to be sent to London to be stamped and returned before we can fly.

We fly on a thurs, so the final vet check can be carried out on the monday morning.

If we send the paperwork by next day delivery, the embassy would get it on tues morning. The embassy told me that it would take 3 working days to process. Some how the figures just don't add up!!

Has anyone had this problem before?

If we do arrive in Hurghada with all the correct paperwork but it not stamped by the consulate, what is likely to happen?

Any advice would be greatly apprecaited.

Lyndsay
Hi Lyndsay, my friend that shipped her dogs to the Carribean had the same problems. You do have to use the services of a courier to get the paperwork to you. This apparently has to go to the vets. The cost was £100 for a 150 mile trip. She found the courier through directory enquiries.

L

lyndsay552

I think I'm getting somewhere

I just got an email from a girl who recently transported her dog to Hurghada from the UK and you have to get the paperwork stamped by both the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Egyptian Embassy but it can all be done in one day.

I priced a courier at it was £400 each way!!

I can get a flight for £60 return and an airport pickup/drop of service for £35 return. So I think I'll get the dogs final paperwork completed on Monday 30th June and fly to London on 1st July, get all the paperwork stamped and fly back that night.

Still working on the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs for the legalisation but I think that it's just as easy to fly to London.

Finger crossed.

Lyndsay