Pet Transportation

L

lyndsay552

Has anyone transported their dog from the UK to Egypt?

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay - no I leave my Tyson at the kennels LOL.

L

lyndsay552

Mine is a permanent move and if the dog doesn't go, I'm not going!!!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay - found this

Pets may enter Egypt provided you provide a certificate of origin and a health certificate. There are no forms for this, but a dated, signed letter is acceptable. The certificate of origin may be provided by the pet store where your pet was purchased or by a vet. The certificate of health must be provided by a vet.

L

lyndsay552

I've got that sorted already through my vet, it has to be signed within 72 hours of travelling. The only transportation i have found for her is with BA cargo but its £1200 and my husband is going through the roof - 'for a dog!!' and it only gets her as far a Cairo

queenie40something

queenie40something

Wow - that is expensive. Better butter up the old man!

P

propertastic

£1200 does sound like a lot. Have you tried with one of the other airlines? I know prices vary a lot.

I don't have a dog (any more, my ex-girlfriend took him) but I have been making the same reseach to get my beloved PC over there. I ended up going with an international removals company who seem to offer the best rate.

A

awahee123

Banned
£1200 is a massive amount,is there not any other way to transport pets out to Egypt?..

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi I know someone had the same situation so they looked into driving all the way from the UK but you hit so many problems. The taxes are huge for trying to bring your car into Egypt and I believe if you are successful if takes about 6 months to get your car back from the authorities. Ok if it is an old banger and you dont care if you get it back or not but would that old banger make it all that way??

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Taking Pets to Egypt

We will be moving to Hurghada from Spain this Spring and I would appreciate any advice on the procedure for bringing pets into Egypt. We have three dogs and four cats! I know, I know but my wife would leave me behind before the menagerie! Could have been worse, at one time she had 14 cats!!!

L

lyndsay552

I looked into bringing the dog from the uk to hurghada and it seems pretty straight forward. She just needs her rabies injection one month before, micro chipped, health check 96hrs before flying and an export certificate from our vet. Have heard different things about quartine once they get there. Everything from that they come off the plane with the rest of the baggage to having to go in to quartine for 3 days.

L

lyndsay552

Finally got the dog sorted. We are going to fly Dublin to Frankfurt then Frankfurt to Hurghada.

She will go on as excess baggage and it's working as at £700 for both of us, which a lot cheaper than BA who quoted be £1600 and that was only from London Heathrow to Cairo.

Lyndsay

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Lyndsay - great saving - just shows you how much you can save with a little shopping around and some research on the net.

L

lyndsay552

I know. Her crate arrived on Thurs and it is massive. She's not impressed by it but she has to get used to it lol

V

vix

Finally got the dog sorted. We are going to fly Dublin to Frankfurt then Frankfurt to Hurghada.

She will go on as excess baggage and it's working as at £700 for both of us, which a lot cheaper than BA who quoted be £1600 and that was only from London Heathrow to Cairo.

Lyndsay
My advice is shop around as much as you can. I bought a cat over from Dubai as excess baggage for £24.00. with Emirates. Dont know if they fly UK Egypt tho.
Lyndsay, Im sure you already kno this, but ereing on the side of caution, its important that you speak to the captain personally, and get conformation from him that the temp will be checked in the hold, sometimes they don't switch the heating or the coolants on, whichever is applicable.

V

vix

We will be moving to Hurghada from Spain this Spring and I would appreciate any advice on the procedure for bringing pets into Egypt. We have three dogs and four cats! I know, I know but my wife would leave me behind before the menagerie! Could have been worse, at one time she had 14 cats!!!
Could have been much worse Peter, you could have had a horse!

L

lyndsay552

Thanks for that Vix, that's another wee note to add to my list!

Most of the flights from the UK are funny about putting dogs in the hold as they are mainly holiday flights. The only schedule flights are to Cairo and Egypt Air do not allow animals in the hold, so it would of been as case of taking her via road to hurghada, which I really didn't fancy.

After weeks on the internet flying via frankfurt seemed the best option and the least travel time. She probably won't speak to me for a week after all this!

Lyndsay