Pearl Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RayCharles

We are purchasing with WWD,inside their brochure it states no stamp duty,also if you go on the place in the sun web site,or other similar ones they all state no stamp duty.Hope this helps.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Ray - my agent again said no but I am going to email my developer and lawyer and see what they both say.

S

simmo1

Stamp Duty

Hi,

Might be able to help a bit on this one.

Have purchased 3 bed penthouse in Pearl Vista contract states 0.6% at time of dispensations and expenses which is 4 months prior to completion.
The contract was raised by Legal Alliances (P Morris)

I have emailed him to ask for categoric reply on studios one and two beds as it os probable if over a certain value - will advise shortly

On a further point has anyone received their contract for Pearl Vista and can I have your thoughts on the diclaimer which states that the roof is soley that of the seller and is not included in the communal areas freehold and can be utilized at their discretion - What's your thoughts do you know of anything happening on that roof?????????

Cheers
Simmo1

R

RayCharles

Hi,

Might be able to help a bit on this one.

Have purchased 3 bed penthouse in Pearl Vista contract states 0.6% at time of dispensations and expenses which is 4 months prior to completion.
The contract was raised by Legal Alliances (P Morris)

I have emailed him to ask for categoric reply on studios one and two beds as it os probable if over a certain value - will advise shortly

On a further point has anyone received their contract for Pearl Vista and can I have your thoughts on the diclaimer which states that the roof is soley that of the seller and is not included in the communal areas freehold and can be utilized at their discretion - What's your thoughts do you know of anything happening on that roof?????????

Cheers
Simmo1

Watch what happens with the roof terrace,they might have plans to build on top of you.Does it state in your contract how high they are actually building.Just a thought,this goes on alot in Greece.Get your lawyer to check this out for you.Maybe try and get it mentioned in the contract.

S

simmo1

Watch what happens with the roof terrace,they might have plans to build on top of you.Does it state in your contract how high they are actually building.Just a thought,this goes on alot in Greece.Get your lawyer to check this out for you.Maybe try and get it mentioned in the contract.

That's a really good point I did not think of!

Thanks for that will check it out!

S

simmo1

Hi Ray,

Following on from your very valid and slightly un-nerving point - I have requested through the solicitor that, What with the roof not being included on the freehold and me purchasing a penthouse, it leaves me with some fear that in time this apartment will be increased to possibly more floors. So the solicitor has requested a covenant be added to the affect of not building anymore floors to Pearl vista So I suppose if this covenant is not granted then we will know the answer or at least have a good indication of things to come - furthermore I have requested specific comments as to what the roof will be used for (if not more floors) as I have heard two theories so far a) A communal roof terrace for residents? (That's fine but then why not include in the freehold like other comunal areas) b) A roof bar open to all?? (Not so fine) I have also asked WWD for their comments - Awaiting feedback?!?!?!

Will update you all when I hear more?
Thanks

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi Ray,

Following on from your very valid and slightly un-nerving point - I have requested through the solicitor that, What with the roof not being included on the freehold and me purchasing a penthouse, it leaves me with some fear that in time this apartment will be increased to possibly more floors. So the solicitor has requested a covenant be added to the affect of not building anymore floors to Pearl vista So I suppose if this covenant is not granted then we will know the answer or at least have a good indication of things to come - furthermore I have requested specific comments as to what the roof will be used for (if not more floors) as I have heard two theories so far a) A communal roof terrace for residents? (That's fine but then why not include in the freehold like other comunal areas) b) A roof bar open to all?? (Not so fine) I have also asked WWD for their comments - Awaiting feedback?!?!?!

Will update you all when I hear more?
Thanks
Hi simmo1, the building licence granted is only for 4 floors plus ground so i am sure they can't build any higher and the way the elevator shafts are finished means they have no intention of building higher.

S

simmo1

Thanks for the feedback Neil, hopefully if this is all the case the developer will have no issues to include it within the contract? Have you heard anything re the usage of the roof from the experiences that you have had? and is it common practice that all developrs hold back this entitlement from the freehold and if so why is this?
Cheers
Simmo1

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Thanks for the feedback Neil, hopefully if this is all the case the developer will have no issues to include it within the contract? Have you heard anything re the usage of the roof from the experiences that you have had? and is it common practice that all developrs hold back this entitlement from the freehold and if so why is this?
Cheers
Simmo1
Hi simmo1, no problem. As far as i know the roof terrace is communual and will have pegodas and sunbeds on it. This is also the case with DP1 and 2, have you seen the pictures of the roof on DP1 and PV is the same shape. No idea about why it is excluded in the freehold, but if it was added to the communual areas your apartment price would probably be more expensive. At the end of the day it is impossible to have a freehold on an apartment as we know it, it is more like leasehold with no tenure. Will see what i can find out for you.

S

simmo1

Thanks for your help Neil much appreciated
Probably petty on my part but when spending best part of 60k on an apartment where ultimately it's your ceiling you can tend to be a bit more nervy......

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Thanks for your help Neil much appreciated
Probably petty on my part but when spending best part of 60k on an apartment where ultimately it's your ceiling you can tend to be a bit more nervy......
No problem simmo1 and it is not petty, it is your hard earned money and you should ask as many questions as you need to. Anything else let me know.

S

simmo1

Morning All,

Just thought I would post a couple of bits FYI

1. The official completion date of Pearl Vista is now not Dec 2009 it has now been amended to Aug 2010 despite current marketing information quotes

2. The service/mantineance charge has increased GBP 3 from the original prices quoted in the marketing information on all apts

Any further bits along the way I will post

Hope this helps
Cheers
Simmo1

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Letter from El Riad and WWD

Hi All, here is a letter i have received today from WWD and El Riad that i hope will put an end to the rumours going round that the two companies have fallen out and contracts canceled etc... I also have another one from WWD that will no doubt be emailed or sent to you all but i have asked if i can post it on here and they have agreed, so please don't complain you have not had a copy as it is on its way.

Click to enlarge

Letter-re-El-Riad.jpg

View attachment wwdletter.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simmo1

Hi Neil,

Somewhat concerned:confused: do you have more information as to why things got to this stage? As I did not know a thing about the dowbnturn in relations between the pair? what have they been locked away discussing, I am about to exchange in the next couple of days so very interested in exterior views

Regards

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Hi Neil,

Somewhat concerned:confused: do you have more information as to why things got to this stage? As I did not know a thing about the dowbnturn in relations between the pair? what have they been locked away discussing, I am about to exchange in the next couple of days so very interested in exterior views

Regards
Hi simmo1 the issues have been with DP1 which is why you won't have heard plus many outside agencies trying to spread rumours that WWD were in administration. Just the usual rubbish associated with the property market in Egypt. I must say though the term people in glass houses springs to mind with some of the issues others are keeping quiet;)

S

simmo1

Ha, Ha I can only imagine!!:)

Thanks for the update Neil

S

simmo1

Posted Letter?

Hi Neil,

Wondered whether you have heard anymore with regard to the circumstances or validity of WWDs letter? Something really does not ring quite right here as M Lovelock has signed this letter 28 Sep as director - I understand he is not a director anymore - which certainly would invalidate this announcement:confused:

I will try WWD again on Monday but wondered whether you have any info in the interim as growing evermore nervous considering they have just had a GBP 18,000 stage payment from me.

Albeit the issues with WWD (I Think) are more related to DP1 & DP2 I cannot help but feel the same practice of business will apply to all their projects considering it's the same people?????

Thanks & Regards
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.