Paradise Hill Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
and at right angles !!

just been tooin and froin today with chris from regency.

37500 now for a junior suite there would not come down at all
from the right angel of the ulding you can see the sea in normal way while seting ;)
why we talk about regency here?

D

DHOLLS3

Paradise hills

Would like to hear from anyone who has brought at paradise hills , thanks dave:

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Would like to hear from anyone who has brought at paradise hills , thanks dave:
I know someone who has bought and is trying to get his money back, not having much joy either at the moment!!!

D

DHOLLS3

Paradise hills jan 08

Hello to all, i went to this complex in jan as i got an email telling me me apartment was ready the complex wasnt finnished have been told its now march 09 , the complex was excellent value for money , and i only brought a studio that i hadnt seen but was well pleased with what i have brought, i have some photos that might be of interest to other owners at this complex that might not have seen there purchase yet , i am back out in hurghada in march , for 10 days so will hopefully have pictures of the complex finished and hopefully having the key to my apartment

Attachments

M

Move Europe

Hello to all, i went to this complex in jan as i got an email telling me me apartment was ready the complex wasnt finnished have been told its now march 09 , the complex was excellent value for money , and i only brought a studio that i hadnt seen but was well pleased with what i have brought, i have some photos that might be of interest to other owners at this complex that might not have seen there purchase yet , i am back out in hurghada in march , for 10 days so will hopefully have pictures of the complex finished and hopefully having the key to my apartment
Hi i was a sub agent for this development and have bought a studio myself, your positive comments are welcome as i haven't been out myself. i bought a studio on the top floor and sold another two apartments to clients. One of my clients is being asked to make his final payment and understandably he is concerned because quite clearly the development is not finished. Were you asked to make a final payment? one other thing the marketing material stated that 80% of apartments would have a sea view, this is not clear from photos we have seen. I would appreciate your insight. many thanks

D

DHOLLS3

Paradise hills payments

HI move europe, i was misled a little , by the developer, i emailed him and got a reply telling me the apartment was finished, this was in the 2nd week of jan so i phoned him told him i would come out there on the 16th , thinking that i was going to see the apartment and then get the key , when i got to the complex i could see that it wasnt finished , i was then told by the engineer of the complex it would be 1 egyptian month until it was ready then i realised they didnt have a clue of when this would be , but i did send my final payment to then before i went in jan , so i wasnt happy that were prepaired to take my money, even though it wasnt finished, they didnt ask me for payment but i sent it cause they told me it was finished, im back out there on the 20th march for 10 days so i hope to be collecting the key then, i have emailed them numerous times but they dont resond, so i will be at there office in hurghada on the 21st knocking on there door at 9am to find out what is going on , they also told me that i need to get a solicitor to arrange to have the electric put on in the apartment , is this true as im new to buying i dont want to be conned, as to your other question about a sea view, from the roof top terrace you have 360degrees view, i would presume that from anytop floor apartment that it should be quite good as well but i cant confirm this as there is apartments going up in the front of this block , it is built on a slight hill so there should be some good views from the 5 th floor, have you been told when your flat will be ready, like i said before the complex is of great value and will enjoy many holidays there, just wish the developer was a bit more helpfull, all the best dave

M

Move Europe

Hi Dave, many thanks for your reply. I started selling in Egypt about 2 years ago as i recognised the opportunity and value for money out there! I have to say it has not been without its problems but to a certain extent one has to expect this with an emerging market. getting information has been an issue for us too. I was a sub agent for a company called xxxxxx t so have been relying on them. i have not heard anything from the developer directly but one of my clients has been asked for a final payment on his apartment, the marketing material we were given stated that the final 20% would be due on completion. It has been indicated to me that the development should be complete by the end of April. Myself and my clients have bought on the 5th floor so are hopeful for the views!
We were reccomended a lawyer when we received our contracts and we all paid our fees but, he is so difficult to contact that we don't have much faith in him. i will try and find out for you about needing a lawyer for the electricity connections, and get back to you on this. It is good to hear that overall you are pleased, where is your apartment? Good to be in touch ,

Claire

D

DHOLLS3

HI CLAIRE , my apartment is 208a just a small studio , thats because i didnt want to part with a lot of money and if things went wrong i didnt want to be owing on something that i didnt have, mind you when i went to see the flat i didnt expect to get something that i was so happy with, i only paid a small amout but to get air con, fully fitted bathroom and a small kitchen,i was well pleased i was expecting a grotty little flat with no sun and a view of a brick wall, on my contract it says that the flats come with a fridge and a microwave is this the same on your contract, also if your clients have been asked for there final payment then the flats must be ready as it is stated in the contracts ,delivery within 15days of final payments, im out there in 19 days so will put any more info i get on this site for you to read and also any pictures that i take , thanks dave

M

Move Europe

Thanks Neil, I look forward to an update and seeing some more pics, my contract says the same regarding what is in the kitchen. Have a great trip!

J

jimlin

Does anyone have any updated info in respect of this development, I have purchased a small appartment in it and am still awaiting updated photos, furniture packs and rental agreements,

Any information would be great, as the developer is very quiet in these matters.

kinds regards

M

Move Europe

Hello Jimlin I have written to the developer today asking for an update and i am also waiting for an update from Dave who has posted on this forum, he is in Hurghada now and comes back on the 30th March. Where are you up to with your payments? Our contracts state that the development should have been finished on 30.8.2008 final payments have not been made by myself or my clients because it is clear that the development is not complete. Have you had any updates from your agent at all? Who did you buy through? Hopefully if we can get a few more purchasers on here we can get more info.

J

jimlin

Claire,

I paid the final payment in February this year, following confirmation from my lawyer in Hurghada that the unit was completed!!!!!.

My contract referred to my unit being complete by January 2009.

Have only had one reply from the developer (via Lawyer) , prior to final payment which said:-

The Developer of Paradise Hill has added some extra facilites to the complex. 1-A Heated Swimming Pool 2-Two Jacuzzi's on the roof, from where you can get a view of the sea and all Hurghada. 3-A generator has been added to cut in in case of Electricity Power cuts, especially to give permanent lighting to the stairs, roof and pool area. 4-The lifts have been installed with 10 Horse Power, instead of 8. 5-Automatic Doors have been fitted.

The agent i bought through has since ceased trading "blue Horizons".

The silence is deafening, looking forward to updates from other buyers in this development.

M

Move Europe

Claire,

I paid the final payment in February this year, following confirmation from my lawyer in Hurghada that the unit was completed!!!!!.

My contract referred to my unit being complete by January 2009.

Have only had one reply from the developer (via Lawyer) , prior to final payment which said:-

The Developer of Paradise Hill has added some extra facilites to the complex. 1-A Heated Swimming Pool 2-Two Jacuzzi's on the roof, from where you can get a view of the sea and all Hurghada. 3-A generator has been added to cut in in case of Electricity Power cuts, especially to give permanent lighting to the stairs, roof and pool area. 4-The lifts have been installed with 10 Horse Power, instead of 8. 5-Automatic Doors have been fitted.

The agent i bought through has since ceased trading "blue Horizons".

The silence is deafening, looking forward to updates from other buyers in this development.
Hi Jimlin i know the problem! I had an email earlier this week from the promoter of the development in the UK he is going over next week to try and sort things out but everything is very vague. The developer is posting on another forum, trying to promote the development have you seen ?

D

DHOLLS3

Paradise hills 31/03 /09

To all just got back from this complex this morning, still not finished, i met with gamel, and it looks like it will take about another 2 to 3 months before it is finished, see attached pictures , also i have been told that you wont get your keys until you have electric ,water and local taxes, like our council tax, registered , i have been told this will be another payment of around 650gbp, to which you have to use a solicitor to sort this out, as this includes the translation of the documents you will get, i was told this by the gamel himself he gave me a contact solicitor from hurghada that charges around 650gbp, not sure if this is correct as my lawyer mustapha has not been intouch with me, so im only passing on what i have been told,

i also went in to some flats on the 5th floor 508a , and also some others on that floor the views were fantastic, wish i had brought one now on that floor, i have attached some pictures , work has progressed and i think its looking good, but im not a builder so its only my opinion that it might be another 3ths before its ready, also gamel mentioned service charge payments, that would be starting in july, these have to be paid in advanced so thats more money but i wont be paying any of that until i have my key, mind u i did leave bays of stuff in my flats and also they have put some lights up for me, i find the builder gamel , enginner mohammed no different from british builders same excuses , i feel they didnt estimate the size of the project to which they have undertaken and it will take longer to finish, i would rather that than loose my money like others have in hurghada, if you go to hurghada to see gamel i have put a picture of where his office is in sheraton road , about 3 doors away from mcdonalds

Attachments

D

DHOLLS3

Sorry about me spelling, i have some more pictures and will put these on here as soon as i can thanks dave

M

Move Europe

Sorry about me spelling, i have some more pictures and will put these on here as soon as i can thanks dave
Hi Dave, Thank you, i have been waiting patiently for your return! the pics look good, looking forward to seeing the others. i gather from my read receipts you have seen correspondence between me, my client and the promoter! Nothing was ever said to me or my clients of this further charge of £650 this seems steep by Egyptian standards was it Egyptian pounds they were wanting?

Status
Not open for further replies.