palmela village

J

joannasousa

Hello,

Don´t worry because Palmela is a lovely and very quiet place.
My son is in kindergarten in Quinta do Anjo and people are lovely there, and i just wish i could buy a house there..

Jo

S

StephenHarrison

Hi Tapedeck and brenlu
I am an owner who has also not received any income for a full year. I have asked my Portuguese solicitor to execute the Bank Guarantee. I chose this path as returning the BG to Tecnicil only guaranteed 4 payments and I am due 7 to the end of my 3 year period which ends Dec'11.
brenlu - I am from N Ireland and there are a few of us that would be interested in attending one of the meetings in Dublin, can you let me know when the next meeting is. Thank you

G

ggc

Hi All, Most of the Palmela Info regarding meeting dates etc is on Facebook under Palmela Owners page. If you want to join up, attend meetings etc, you'll find the details there. Dates of next meeting will be posted on it.

B

brenlu

Hi Stephen,
No problem- I'll post info. as soon as I hear when next Meeting is on- the usual venue is Bewleys Hotel, Sandyford, Dublin.

T

tapedeck

Thanks everyone for your replys, I have contacted our Portuguese Solicitor and am getting him to look for money owed etc . Am heading out their in August again this year . Allso have been sent new Contract for renting to them again for the next 3 years Seem you can not rent these apartments to anyone else its them or notting. Has anyone any taughts on this . Replys welcome. Any news on the next Dublin metting .

G

ggc

Hi Tapedeck, I tried to private message you, if you are interested in the next Palmela Owners meeting, please private message me with your email address.

Thanking you
ggc

T

tapedeck

Not sure how to send private message on here if I work it out will get back to u.

M

martin1

Just come across this forum.Would really like to link up with other owners in Pelicano.
Hard to comprehend this "new" lease agreement especially since they owe us money (even after getting the 12 months on the Guarantee).
Any contact details would be great.
Martin - Ireland

B

brenlu

Hi Martin,

We have about 35 members in the group- initially it started off as Palmela Owners on FaceBook - it's still possible to contact individual members this way. We are mainly keeping in touch by email with Meetings as required in Bewleys Hotel, Leopardstown, Dublin. As it is not allowed to publish email addresses on this site, your best bet might be to send a personal message to one of the Palmela Owners on FaceBook. However, not all the FaceBook Group are members of the "Bewleys" Group that have subscribed to getting legal advice on our situation. If you just want to get "chatting" with other Owners to stave off the awful feeling of isolation, especially as many people have found it impossible to communicate meaningfully with Pelicano, then making contact with some of the FaceBook members is probably the best place to start. Personally, I'm not a Facebook user so I can't offer you to contact me but I'm sure you will find plenty of Owners on the site to interract with.

S

skrez

Could anyone guess as to what a one bedroom apartment at Palmela might expect to fetch if it was put up for sale at this time. Secondly could anyone recommend an Estate Agent which might handle the sale. Thanks for any information.

T

tapedeck

HI there I was in Palmela at the end of August and met with a Remax agent from Arrabida just down the road from Palmela. She told me that like here in Ireland the property market is on the floor in Portugal . I was going to sell my studio apartment . But she told me she has one on her books for the last three years with no one even remotely interested in looking at it. She tells me i would be lucky to get 50,000 for it half of what i paid for it . She also said a one bed might do better but would not make over 90,000 . As they are very few buyers in the market place . She reccomends to sit tight sign the new contract and hope the market comes back in a few years .

S

skrez

HI there I was in Palmela at the end of August and met with a Remax agent from Arrabida just down the road from Palmela. She told me that like here in Ireland the property market is on the floor in Portugal . I was going to sell my studio apartment . But she told me she has one on her books for the last three years with no one even remotely interested in looking at it. She tells me i would be lucky to get 50,000 for it half of what i paid for it . She also said a one bed might do better but would not make over 90,000 . As they are very few buyers in the market place . She reccomends to sit tight sign the new contract and hope the market comes back in a few years .
Thanks tapedeck, looks like I may have to take her advice and sit tight.

M

martin1

Hi Martin,

We have about 35 members in the group- initially it started off as Palmela Owners on FaceBook - it's still possible to contact individual members this way. We are mainly keeping in touch by email with Meetings as required in Bewleys Hotel, Leopardstown, Dublin. As it is not allowed to publish email addresses on this site, your best bet might be to send a personal message to one of the Palmela Owners on FaceBook. However, not all the FaceBook Group are members of the "Bewleys" Group that have subscribed to getting legal advice on our situation. If you just want to get "chatting" with other Owners to stave off the awful feeling of isolation, especially as many people have found it impossible to communicate meaningfully with Pelicano, then making contact with some of the FaceBook members is probably the best place to start. Personally, I'm not a Facebook user so I can't offer you to contact me but I'm sure you will find plenty of Owners on the site to interract with.
Thanks for your reply.I am unable to find it on facebook under Palmela Owners.Can you advise on how to locate it .Would be interested in joining the "Bewleys Group"
Martin

B

brenlu

Hi Martin,

Sorry for delay in replying- I wasn't a FaceBook member up to this weekend and like you was having difficulty accessing what I wanted (at least I recognised a lot of the names on the Friends List as people I'd met in real life). I sent a message to one of them requesting to become her FaceBook friend and she replied saying I needed to request "Palmela Owners" to become my friend- I expect you will be asked to supply details of your Apt. no. to "it"(Palmela Owners)- this is a private discussion site but all Owners are welcome. I am still learning to find my way around in Cyberspace but if it's any use my name is Lucy. I believe there is a live Meeting coming up at the end of this month. Good Luck surfing.

M

martin1

Hi Lucy,
Thank you for the reply.Will try it as suggested.

Martin

P

PeterV

Banned
Going rates

Hi All

So disappointed that no one reply to my comment.
Just seen a 2-bed apartment in Sebutal selling for 98euros, and my much smaller studio flat is costing me 104euro, being ripped off.......

I am about to pay the 70% cost of the studio flat, should I go for it? Unfortunately I am not Irish, ha ha.....

Thanks
BPPang
You must be talking about EUR 98.000 and 104.000?
If not, please explain.

P

S

santos1953

Renting out

Thanks everyone for your replys, I have contacted our Portuguese Solicitor and am getting him to look for money owed etc . Am heading out their in August again this year . Allso have been sent new Contract for renting to them again for the next 3 years Seem you can not rent these apartments to anyone else its them or notting. Has anyone any taughts on this . Replys welcome. Any news on the next Dublin metting .
I am been following this forum for a few days. It is interesting that you mention that you can not rent to anyone else. We are a German travel agent specialized in the destination Portuagl and we have just concluded an agreement with the Portuguese owner of one house by which we will be renting out his villa to our clients. We do not have an exclusivity, so every enquiry will be subject to availability.

Do they have a different agreement for foreign owners?

Regards,

Fred Santos

P

PeterV

Banned
I am been following this forum for a few days. It is interesting that you mention that you can not rent to anyone else. We are a German travel agent specialized in the destination Portuagl and we have just concluded an agreement with the Portuguese owner of one house by which we will be renting out his villa to our clients. We do not have an exclusivity, so every enquiry will be subject to availability.

Regards,

Fred Santos
I might be interested in a long-term rental, say 6-12 months. Preferably directly from owners. ANY owner.

T

tapedeck

Regards,

Fred Santos
Seems The apartments and townhouses need a tourism lisence and this seem to be in the hands of pelicano so no one else can rent these units out.

P

PeterV

Banned
Seems The apartments and townhouses need a tourism lisence and this seem to be in the hands of pelicano so no one else can rent these units out.
So you've all been collectively screwed ...........

When they have not been paying you the guaranteed rental, they have broken the contract. This might be a reason to re-negotiate, and obtain individual licenses from the council.
Get together in a home owners association and take a good lawyer,.

By the way, their .com website seems inactive. There's only one with .co.uk

T

tapedeck

I have been told that some Irish owners are taking this course of action and not signing the new contract, so time will tell . Its a real pity this has happened as Palmela Village is a beautiful place and the area around it is lovely .

M

MollA10_21

Hi there, I'v just joined up - Iv a studio in Palmela village also n due rent from 2010 etc, constantly chasing Pelicano who will not return calls / emails, have even got a new solr on the job - so would love to speak to more Irish investors - I'v tried finding Palmela Owners on facebook - but no joy, where else can I find this owners club. Really appreciate your help:)
M

P

PeterV

Banned
maybe these can help communicating with owners

Hi there, I'v just joined up - Iv a studio in Palmela village also n due rent from 2010 etc, constantly chasing Pelicano who will not return calls / emails, have even got a new solr on the job - so would love to speak to more Irish investors - I'v tried finding Palmela Owners on facebook - but no joy, where else can I find this owners club. Really appreciate your help:)
M
Palmela - Palmela Message Board - TripAdvisor

en-gb.facebook.com/public/Palmela-Owners

Palmela Village Golf Resort-Anyone Buy? - Palmela Forum - TripAdvisor

Palmela Village Golf Resort (Owners Club)

Palmela Village - Palmela Villas - TripAdvisor