palmela village

D

deek

Sparkey

Sparkey,
I will email the lady over there who works in the pool bar...my spy!...and find out if they have started building the townhouses yet.
We saw 5 of the villas when over there on the pretence that we wanted to upgrade from our apartments and were well impressed with them i have to say...very luxurious and tastefully completed.
Will get back to you once i hear anything
Dee

S

sparkey

Sparkey,
I will email the lady over there who works in the pool bar...my spy!...and find out if they have started building the townhouses yet.
We saw 5 of the villas when over there on the pretence that we wanted to upgrade from our apartments and were well impressed with them i have to say...very luxurious and tastefully completed.
Will get back to you once i hear anything
Dee
thanks a lot Dee, we are in Block M no. 28

A

Anti-Palmela Village

That certainly doesn't sound positive 'Anti-Palmela Village'!
Did you get all your money back or do you still own the villa?
Maybe the more correct name should be Anti-Pelicano. I never deal with so unscrupulous people. I've got all my money back but it took me more than 3 years and a lot of money spent in lawyers, and I was lucky. My sister in law bougth a villa that cracked in half and even then they refuse to return the money back. She bougth the villa before I did and she still don't have the 1st trial booked. I advise everybody to run away from this guys as far as possible.

D

DRM

Build Quality

Hi,
The few that I saw looked great but I guess it depends on the villa - also when you are looking something over it is never the same as when you own one because you really check the build quality. I presume they must have prioritised in some way and it sounds like you have been very unfortunate to say the least. The Apt we purchased was a little late but nothing like that.....

D.

D

deek

I was talking to my husband about it and he agrees that there are problems but obviously this is natural in a complex of this size..although some without doubt are a bit too extreme to say the least. However we also commented that the only ones who have to go onto these sites are those with difficulties as we wouldn't be on here if we didn't. There aren't too many of us online so here's hoping that the majority are happy!!!

S

sparkey

I was talking to my husband about it and he agrees that there are problems but obviously this is natural in a complex of this size..although some without doubt are a bit too extreme to say the least. However we also commented that the only ones who have to go onto these sites are those with difficulties as we wouldn't be on here if we didn't. There aren't too many of us online so here's hoping that the majority are happy!!!
I agree Dee, I was looking at the portugal news to-day online and there was some very positive articles on that regarding the prime-minister of portugal talking about the high speed railway to Madrid from Lisbon. These schemes are all going ahead plus the new airport at Alcochete near Lisbon. This is all good news for us and Palmela Village. lets be positive and i wish you all a peaceful Halloween

C

catchflame

PV

We were there a couple of weeks ago and construction of the townhouses has not started yet. There is no sign of any preparations either. The golf course is open although we only noticed players at the weekend. Typical Pelicano - they've omitted to provide enough parking spaces around the golf club, so there were cars parked all over the place on Saturday.

The most worrying aspect for me is the huge number of empty houses on Phase 1. I understand that there was a huge dispute between Pelicano and the original contractor and you can see that the quality of finishes on the first phase is appalling. Nevertheless, some parts of the first phase look like a ghost town and the gardens and pools do not get maintained so it doesn't look at all attractive to potential purchasers.

I have asked Pelicano to include a provision that it covenants to maintain the site into the future and I suggest that everybody else does the same. I can foresee a situation whereby all the units are built and sold and then Pelicano - which is a property developer, not a property manager - decides to pack up and leave.

D

deek

Received registered letter re Owners meeting on 30th November. Will be ingeresting to see minutes. Also just received statement with recent payment...so at least the money is still coming in!

S

sparkey

townhouse apartments

hi all, we are spending new year in portugal and are planning to visit palmela village some time early in the new year. going to enquire when the townhouse apartments are due to start. if there is no building work going on i dont know what we are going to do. will report when we get back. Merry xmas.
Sparkey

S

supernova7

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but have owned a Semi Detached Villa on phase two for a few years. Not had too many problems and happy with the build quality (Lena),although could not get Pelicano to finish off the garden as promised, in the end arrange to do it myself.

I will be staying in the village from the 8th to 14th Jan, so if any of you would like information regarding building progress let me know which plots/apartments you need to know about.

Some of you mention town house apartments, which I am not familiar with. Are these based on the semi detached villas. I'm interested as this will built around my house which is currently the only one on a plot in phase 2.

I do hope you all manage to get your properties, its a great part of Portugal with lots to offer.

S

sparkey

townhouses

Hi all, just returned from portugal yesterday, lot warmer there than uk and ireland, although there was plenty rain.
Called at Palmela Village on Thursday 06/01/10. The place looked very well with a lot of workers cleaning, cutting grass etc on the golf course.
On the building front, the first block of Townhouse apartments have just started, so that is good news for us, and Lena Construction are building them. At the moment they are excavating for the foundations and setting up a tower crane. The young girl in the office did'nt know the completion date but said about a year, so i suppose better late than never. She also said they were hoping to complete the whole project by 2013, so it just goes on. The townhouse apartments supernova will be exactly the same shape as your townhouse on the outside. There will be ground and first floor apartments with 8 apartments sharing a small swimming pool.
All the best for now
Sparkey

S

sparkey

hi all, it would seem now that Lena Construction are not building the townhouse apartments. They are now being built by a J gomes construction. I got their web site on google and they seem a quite capable outfit. Have been in business since 1968. Has any of you got any knowledge of this company.
Sparkey

S

skidandelmo

Hello Sparkey,
It was very interesting to read your post about Palmela, we too have purchased the Townhouse Apartment design and were told they should be ready for completion in spring this year, we paid a deposit in 2007. We are hoping to visit some time soon but were glad to read some positive news regarding the apartments we have bought, thank you. We would love to get in touch with you further to discuss the development and our concerns over when they will be finished.
Skidandelmo

S

skidandelmo

Sparky

Hello Sparkey,
It was very interesting to read your post about Palmela, we too have purchased the Townhouse Apartment design and were told they should be ready for completion in spring this year, we paid a deposit in 2007. We are hoping to visit some time soon but were glad to read some positive news regarding the apartments we have bought, thank you. We would love to get in touch with you further to discuss the development and our concerns over when they will be finished.
Skidandelmo

S

sparkey

hi skidandelmo, good to hear from you. I don't know how to send a private message on this forum, but it would be good to see some updated photos when you get back. i was very glad to see that the builders were finally started on the townhouse apartments when we were there in january. The swimming pool and the bar and restaurant did'nt look too bad. It was a very wet day when we were there so the place should look a lot better in the sunshine with more people around. We bought from mri as well but haven't heard from them since. We are in block M number 28. There is another forum on Trip Advisor where you can check the comments

Sparkey

S

sparkey

townhouse apart.

Hi, There is a new computer generated image of the townhouse apartments on the palmela village web site

Sparkey

K

kearnsie

Hi All,

I am new to this site.. My wife and I own apt's in palmela and are extremely happy up to now.

We hope to head out there in 2 months time or so. we did however have a delay of 4 weeks on the last payment into our account but it did come in the end.

I met a person on "fb" heading out ther soon and she is going to post details of her stay out there as soon as she is back seemingly there is a palmela site there on fb?

K

kearnsie

setting up a blog and hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily through google. in the meantime i have been gathering addresses and have been asking people to update everyone once they return from a visit. The majority of the apartment owners seem to be Irish so between us we will be able to keep an eye on things.
Hope this helps.:)[/QUOTE]

I just found a facebook page for the owners of palmela with updates! Hope this helps some of you?

I just searched palmela Village golf resort and became a fan on f b... It must have only started up as there isnt many fans at present....

K

kearnsie

A piece of information taken from a past article of "Airport development News" which will bring good news / more passengers to Lisbon / Our area too....

Portugal: Lisbon Airport which only has a single boarding gate equipped for widebody jets, is to get four widebody
gates within the next two years. TAP Portugal also plans to widen a maintenance hangar to take A330s. The
present hangar has been designed to accommodate A310s. -- These improvements are part of an on-going effort to increase
capacity beyond the 11 million passengers annually of the existing Portela Airport. By 2015, the airport is expected
to handle 16 million passengers. Some relief may come with the gradual opening of the Beja military airfield for civil operations
until the new Lisbon Airport at Ota opens in 2017. Beja would mainly serve as a tourism airport for the Alentejo region.
Sintra’s military airfield could be opened for business aviation destined for, or operating from, the Lisbon region.

all good news.. I will try to find updates on this development

Additional:

Seemingly Alcochete Airport is up and running for 2017... this will be closer to Palmela and result in an actual 25 min drive but will be south of the Vasco da Gama bridge.....

Last edited:
P

p.j.deacon

Townhouse Development

Hello I am new to the blog and was wondering if someone could help me with an update on my property development. If anyone is visiting Palmela Village or is currently living there, would you be able to check if work has begun on my property - which is a townhouse on Plot M21.

Thank You