Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Palm Trees

Discussion in 'Egypt property' started by J4hurghada, Jan 21, 2008.

1. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

Just thought I would start this thread.

I have a bit of concern regarding palm trees, I have just recieved pictures of our apartment block off a friend that has just got back from Hurghada. When looking at them the Block next to ours has planted Palm trees as they are growing they have reached one of my balconys and might restrict my views.

What is the laws on cutting them back or down.
    I have put the picture with this thread mine is the bottom balcony (first floor) where the tree is right hand side to back of building.

Attached Files:

2. queenie40something

queenie40something Senior Member

Hi J4 - rather inconsiderate isnt it. If it was me I would be give it a haircut everyday! But as you say what are the laws on this?

3. queenie40something

queenie40something Senior Member

Hi Jayne - do you know who has planted them. If part of your development then I would get onto the developer to ask for them to be removed and relocated elsewhere. Or is it another owner that has done this as I dont think this would be allowed in public areas which I assume this area would be?

Queenie

4. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

thanks queenie

don't use this balcony alot use the one over pool more but I will take large sissors with me

5. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

its not our development that is planting these it is the block next door itallian I think, I will check with Iraida when we get over in April. Supose they will sort it for us, they do everything else.

6. J4hurghada

J4hurghada Banned

THINGS ARE SORTED:
    After awahee and westmids went out they sent me some pictures and the tree in question is nowhere near my balcony I am ery happy with that.

So thanks awahee and westmids and Derek for there time in taking some pictures for me.
    Also Thanks philthecar for the wonder full pictures you took for me.

It is nice to have people that go that extra mile for you on this forum.

THANK YOU ALL

7. That's good news that no worries from the tree

8. WESTMIDS33

WESTMIDS33 Banned

Hi J4,

Im glad your sorted. Me, awahee and Derek couldnt understand the purpose of the next door build putting up the Palm Trees next to their windows and balconies. It seems more a hindrance then a help for all the people who have bought in the next door Italian Block.

You want to borrow dereks magnifying glass and set them on fire. lol

Regards

Westmids33

9. dave99

dave99 New Member

Do palm trees have roots

If this likely to be something that will cause other problems in years to come.

Does anyone know if palm tree have long roots etc and cause problems like trees do in the Uk..

10. lyndsay552

lyndsay552 New Member

In the UK i had a palm tree in my garden and had to cut it down because the roots were digging into the founds of the house this was 10 meters away.

lyndsay

11. lyndsay552

lyndsay552 New Member

Disregard my last post, hubby has just told me i'm getting feet and metres mixed up and the tree was cut down as a provention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.