Palm Beach Development - Fortaleza area

N

Naiomi

Hello,

I just joined this forum. I'm hoping to invest is some beachfront property in Brazil.

I'm looking for information about the Palm Beach development near Fortaleza. Has anyone seen it or read about the progress so far? Thanks so much.

Naiomi

J

JMBroad

Hello,

I just joined this forum. I'm hoping to invest is some beachfront property in Brazil.

I'm looking for information about the Palm Beach development near Fortaleza. Has anyone seen it or read about the progress so far? Thanks so much.

Naiomi
Welcome Naiomi.

Do you have a little more information about the development which would help us identify it? Quite often the same development is being promoted under various different names (one in Portuguese and one in English is the most common discrepancy, however there are others). Additionally there are many developments with almost identical names which can easily get confused.

Style of development, location, etc, name of the developer, who is telling you about it, size, etc would help.

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello,

I just joined this forum. I'm hoping to purchase beachfront property in Brazil. Can anyone give me information about the Palm Beach development near Fortaleza? Who is the developer and has he completed other projects in Brazil?

Thanks,
Naiomi
Naiomi,

Welcome to the forum. I don't personally know the development, but your agent should be able to give you the answers to your questions about the developer.

Regards,
Rob.

J

JMBroad

Well a quick "google" search tells us that the developer is "Maggie Leigh" Negócios Imobiliários, Lda.

It doesn't really sound like a typical Brazilian name, so doing a quick google search on the name "Maggie Leigh" comes up with a ton of facebook links but nothing related to the company which (allegedly) has built 5 developments and over 200 beachfront units in Brazil. Bit odd but does not necessarily mean anything.

However, you are in luck. One of our most active posters also has the surname "Leigh" and is a female - so there is a rather good possibility that they are in some way related to this prolific developer, (or even Maggie herself) however then again it may well be an astounding coincidence as she constantly states she is in no way related to real estate other than being an investor herself.

So... Dotty... any connection?

N

Naiomi

It's called Palm Beach Uruau, located about 45 minutes from Fortaleza . The 250 units are fully-furnished and come with kitchen appliances.

D

Dotty

Banned
Very funny.I am a personal investor(with my own personal portfolio and am no way linked to a "Maggie Leigh" and shall report this matter to the police to clarify that I am not in anyway connected to this matter.)
Well a quick "google" search tells us that the developer is "Maggie Leigh" Negócios Imobiliários, Lda.

It doesn't really sound like a typical Brazilian name, so doing a quick google search on the name "Maggie Leigh" comes up with a ton of facebook links but nothing related to the company which (allegedly) has built 5 developments and over 200 beachfront units in Brazil. Bit odd but does not necessarily mean anything.

However, you are in luck. One of our most active posters also has the surname "Leigh" and is a female - so there is a rather good possibility that they are in some way related to this prolific developer, (or even Maggie herself) however then again it may well be an astounding coincidence as she constantly states she is in no way related to real estate other than being an investor herself.

So... Dotty... any connection?

D

Dotty

Banned
Hello Naiomi,

I have just had a quick look at their homepages and it appears that the company has leading engineers involved from Forteleza university who have apparently built some landmark buildings in Forteleza.Check out the names again and get intouch with them.Mr Broad seems to think that I am Maggie Leigh ,however this is false info.She is most probably American with a name like that!!

Do be vigilant when thinking about investing in Brasil as many,many people have lost quite a lot of money,some from taking advise on this forum believe it or not ,let's not mention any names.

Do your ground work and check the companies out and their reputations.

All the best

ciao.

Hello,

Naiomi

J

JMBroad

Very funny.I am a personal investor(with my own personal portfolio and am no way linked to a "Maggie Leigh" and shall report this matter to the police to clarify that I am not in anyway connected to this matter.)
You are going to report to the police that someone on an online forum regarding real estate asked you if you were linked to Maggie Leigh? Good luck with that - seems a bit extreme. For all we know, it's a compliment, Ms Leigh might well be a wonderful person.

Last edited:
J

JMBroad

Mr Broad seems to think that I am Maggie Leigh ,however this is false info.She is most probably American with a name like that!!
Was an easy mistake to make. You are both female, both live in the same region in Brazil, both involved in real estate and the last time I looked at your profile here on the forums you had answered a post on your "public messages" to Rich Devaney and signed it "Dotty Leigh". It's not exactly a common Brazilian name by any stretch of the imagination, which is why I asked.

J

JMBroad

It's called Palm Beach Uruau, located about 45 minutes from Fortaleza . The 250 units are fully-furnished and come with kitchen appliances.
As for the original question, I'd ask which developments Maggie Leigh has built before - if no one on the forums has heard of Palm Beach perhaps they know some of the ones which were built before - this may give you a good indication of the quality of the developments and also the reliability of the developer at keeping deadlines, etc. I'd also ask whoever is telling you about the development to provide you with some more details on the developer.

D

davehoskings

Dotty, full marks for proving your mental stability ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

davehoskings

You are going to report to the police that someone on an online forum regarding real estate asked you if you were linked to Maggie Leigh? Good luck with that - seems a bit extreme. For all we know, it's a compliment, Ms Leigh might well be a wonderful person.
Or maybe Maggie Leigh is a really bad developer and Dotty doesn't want to be linked to her. What do you say Dotty?

D

Dotty

Banned
Mr Hoskings,

I have had enough of your sick jokes and put downs ,so stop behaving like a total
nerd .:(
Or maybe Maggie Leigh is a really bad developer and Dotty doesn't want to be linked to her. What do you say Dotty?

D

davehoskings

Mr Hoskings,

I have had enough of your sick jokes and put downs ,so stop behaving like a total
nerd .:(
If you started to back up what you say with statistics that anyone can see for themselves and stopped exagerating to suit your arguments nd stopped misleading people you don't like then I would be pleased to stop actiing like a complete nerd.

D

Dotty

Banned
I actually like most people,but not necessarily ones that can be unpleasant.

There are enough people on here that need your advise Dave ,so go and pick on them.

Have a nice day:rolleyes::rolleyes:
If you started to back up what you say with statistics that anyone can see for themselves and stopped exagerating to suit your arguments nd stopped misleading people you don't like then I would be pleased to stop actiing like a complete nerd.

J

JMBroad

As for the original question, I'd ask which developments Maggie Leigh has built before - if no one on the forums has heard of Palm Beach perhaps they know some of the ones which were built before - this may give you a good indication of the quality of the developments and also the reliability of the developer at keeping deadlines, etc. I'd also ask whoever is telling you about the development to provide you with some more details on the developer.
To try and re-rail the thread so the original poster has some chance at finding some information they can use.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
To try and re-rail the thread so the original poster has some chance at finding some information they can use.
That won't last too long :rolleyes:

What amazes me is that the original poster hasn't been given this information by anyone, i.e. the agent, lawyer, or the developer!

Rob.

N

Naiomi

Many thanks to all of you for the helpful answers to my question.

B

baderjanjua

I have purchased aan appartment at Palm Beach Uruau Ceara Brazil. The project will be completeing in end March and the developer keeps us abreast with the pictures of the site etc. It is first Phase of the development which is about an hours drive from Fortaleza Airport. In Phase 1 - 36 Beach Front Apparments are coming up each for Brazilian Reas 197000/-
The apparments come fully furnished including kitchen sets and linen in addition to other things. The Developer is Maggie Leigh Negocios Immobilarios Ltda. AT present internal finishing has started and hopefully we would be able to enjoy our first sunset there in first week of April