Owner Clubs - Ownership of common areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

Does anyone know if their development will have, or alread has an Owner Club / Charter - if so what will it do / what powers will it have - will it own anything.

D

dave99

Things to consider

Does anyone know if their development will have, or alread has an Owner Club / Charter - if so what will it do / what powers will it have - will it own anything.

Things to consider:

1. Who sets the annual maint fee
2. who decides on local "house rules"
3. who decides when the pool is heated
4. who pays for the buildings insurance
5. who decides who is paid what for security / cleaning / pool maint
etc.

D

dave99

Getting to know your neighbours

Just notice that there has been a request for a list of owners to be placed on the forum which may work, however I would have thought that you should really be looking for the developer to have an owners club of somekind where you can get the names of all of the other members anyway.

Is this really such a strange idea that I'm the only developer doing this.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi this has been built into our contract. Basically a residents committee is to be formed. Dont know how it works but watch this space.

D

dave99

When will it start

Hi this has been built into our contract. Basically a residents committee is to be formed. Dont know how it works but watch this space.
When will you get to know the other owners.

Do you have a copy of the the "charter" (or the rules etc).

Our owners charter is already published and the owners already know about each other, and we still have 10 months or so to go to complete.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Dave - I have been in contact with quite a few owners. One that is in the next block, one that is above and one opposite. The others are in different parts of the complex. I will try and find out more from the agent about this.

Thanks

Queenie

D

dave99

Gettng any info on other owners

Hi Dave - I have been in contact with quite a few owners. One that is in the next block, one that is above and one opposite. The others are in different parts of the complex. I will try and find out more from the agent about this.

Thanks

Queenie
Hi Queenie

Hows it going - are you gettng any info on other owners yet.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Dave - the only info I have is by my own research and not from the agent / developer.

There are about 3 owners currently in Sharm and they were arranging to meet the developer on site today.

There is talk of a ' soft opening party ' so I am trying to get the developer to name a definite date for this. We will use this opportunity to get together with some of the others and discuss things like the residents commitee, which bank the maintenace fees are going to be held ( around £750,000 and the interest is being used for maintenace ),who will have access to this account, who will have access to the statements, basically discuss anything and everything and get our lawyer to be present as well to act as go between.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Dave

Nothing heard from the agent or developer.

Can you give me some pointers on this and how I should approach them to set one up and what should be included etc.

Any help and assistance will be greatly appreciated. Also would this be able to work as we are leasehold and not freehold??

Thanks in advance.

Alison

D

dave99

Setting up Owners Club ?

Hi Alison

Beats me why Agents and Developers can ever be so unhelpful, unless !!!

Remember the Caring Sharing Co-op anyone ?

Very difficult without the full cooperation of the developer since they will want to "keep control" I suspect, otherwise they would be creating the club not being chased for names.

Whilst my development is a business, for me it's much more about the whole package deal of providing something that, if I was buying into I'd like to be part of, and along the way make lots of new friends, which is how its all going.
If you PM me I'll send you our draft Charter - nothing special and it will get more clauses added I'm sure once we have a meeting somewhere.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thats great stuff Dave - thanks very much.

Alison xx

Status
Not open for further replies.