Our trip to Hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philthecar

Just thought we would write and let everybody know how we got on on our first trip to Hurghada and in particular our visit to Oasis Resort.

Service at airport very efficient and fast ! (We lost one of our cases but this was due to another passenger taking the wrong one),however, our driver.assistant sorted this problem out for us and dealt with the visas so we were only left paying him for his services.

Stayed at Dana Beach Hotel which was excellant. Food, service everything fantastic although mostly russians and germans staying at the hotel.

Trips - Went quad biking. Very organised and excellant value for money although for us Old Timers was very sore on the bodies the following day. trip lasted over 6 hours.

Hurghada - As my partner can speak a little arabic (this goes down exceptionally well with the locals) we were invited to spend an evening with our resident taxi manager who showed us around Hurghada including the main town area, sakala (hope we have spelt it right) the marina, port the new part of Hurghada and finally the pub where we had a well deserved drink ! We were very impressed to see all parts of hurghada and would recommend a trip similar to see exactly what is and is not around you and how the various parts of hurghada are divided. He showed us where to get our fresh veg and fruit and our fish and said that we could live on 7.50 each week for food (this would of course be excluding meals outside the apt and drink)

Oasis Resort - We were very impressed by the service provided by Iraidia who took us to the complex and a lot of work had been undertaken at the same. It is not in the middle of Hurghada which is what we personally like and there are several more developments being built around and about our own including the new Marina Beach Development which is also being developed by Iradia. We are close to the beach and will have the use of facilities at the Marina Beach when it has been finished. We are about l5 minutes from Hurghada and El Gouna which suits us just great particularly as the taxis are so cheap. The building looks of exceptional good quality as does the furniture we have paid for by way of turnkey and which is being built directly by the developers.

All in all a great trip and one which has not put us off our purchase at all. We like everybody else have our concerns about the flights and also the rental potential (which we do not think will be a viable option for at least 2 years) but hey what more can you want for your money than a fantastic apartment, weather and fantastic people

D

dave99

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info

Glad all went well

S

stephen gilmartin

has anyone got any new photos of lotus breeze after january 2009 .does it look as if it will be finished by august 2009 thanks steve

Randall

Randall

Hi Stephen

I drove past Lotus Breeze on my way to Pyramisa Blue Lagoon.

This was March 3rd.
The site was deserted with no work going on at all. If this was due for completion in August .....I would think it had no chance.

If i were you I would contact the developer asap.

S

stephen gilmartin

thanks Randall i think this is why i am not getting any photos as the the last time i had any was at dec 08 than u steve

P

Peter07

has anyone got any new photos of lotus breeze after january 2009 .does it look as if it will be finished by august 2009 thanks steve
Hi Steve, I was out there in March and spoke to Parvis at El-Riad.
He admited that Lotus Breeze is about three months behind schedule.
They have had issue's that are now resolved.
I was concerned but have been told defanatly finished this year.

Also Parvis took me to a furniture shop who buy all there furniture in China and estimated he could furnish a one Bed appartment including white goods from £2800.
With better quality could be done for £4000

S

stephen gilmartin

thanks peter 07 3 months is not a long time as long as everthing is back to normal thank you steve

M

mtrtnik

I don't want to scare you but by my opinion there's no way Lotus Breze will be finished this year. I have previous experiance with El Riad and just take for example Suleder which was suppose to be finished in March 2008 but is still not fully finished today altough El Riad was saying apartments was finished in March 2008. It's just my realistic view of whole situation which I'm sure many of others can confirm.

S

stephen gilmartin

thanks mtrtnik will probably get in touch with el riad thank you steve

E

EvelynGlasgow

hi i have purchase a one bedroom on the lotus development hurghada and cannot get any response from el riad. I would just like to know if anyone else has purchased of the lotus development and does anyone have any idea if it will be ready on time in september this year.

Also does anyone know what sort of rents i can expect from either longterm renters or holidaymakers and can i expect the flat to rented out all year round.

Really appreciate if anyone has these answers thanks!

S

stephen gilmartin

hi evelyn I have also bought a 1 bedroom at lotus breeze . I am sure the rental is £ 150 a week & u can rent out as long as u wish . Hope this is of help .I have also heard that lotus is about 3 months behind time .All the best

M

mtrtnik

hi i have purchase a one bedroom on the lotus development hurghada and cannot get any response from el riad. I would just like to know if anyone else has purchased of the lotus development and does anyone have any idea if it will be ready on time in september this year.

Also does anyone know what sort of rents i can expect from either longterm renters or holidaymakers and can i expect the flat to rented out all year round.

When I saw picturtus of Lotus like one month ago I realized it'll be finished not before that time next year. El Riad will probably say it'll be finished in September and want you to pay last installment in September but I wouldn't pay it until everything is finished and deduce late delivery payment from last installment. I made mistake once paying them when it wasnt fully finished and won't do it again in future.

Regarding rents I'm not so much in this and would let other members of forum to speak about that. I know for Suleder which is more away from promenade than Lotus prices for rent were from 2000 to 2500 le for long term furnished 2 bedroom apartment, don't know if prices are still the same.

D

danny

Don't wish to burst your bubble but living here and looking at the progress of buildings over a matter of years, and looking at where your building is up to at the moment, I would assume that your developer means September 2010.

If they are trying to say 2009 you will be sadly disappointed.

There is an over supply of empty rental apartments in Hurgahda at the moment and when yours are completed that will be another 2-300 apartments in competition with the other few thousand empty apartments. For long term rentals you might get £150 to £250 per month for a 1 bed and £200 to £350 per month for a 2 bed if you are near to the beachfront, further away expect less.

R

rossantony

rentals

There is an over supply of empty rental apartments in Hurgahda at the moment and when yours are completed that will be another 2-300 apartments in competition with the other few thousand empty apartments. For long term rentals you might get £150 to £250 per month for a 1 bed and £200 to £350 per month for a 2 bed if you are near to the beachfront, further away expect less.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, there is not an over supply of good quality rental apartments in hurghada at the moment. I am paying £850 a month for a 2 bed on the beach.

Your prices quoted are for very basic apartments with poor quality furnishings and fittings.

There is a definite need for good quality apartments finished to a high specification for long term letters.

S

spider

Hi, Do you mean Lotus development opposite Esplanada Shopping Mall, or Lotus Breeze?
I have bought 2 bed in Lotus and have also been told it WILL be completed on time for September 09, although am not too bothered if it is later.

D

danny

There is an over supply of empty rental apartments in Hurgahda at the moment and when yours are completed that will be another 2-300 apartments in competition with the other few thousand empty apartments. For long term rentals you might get £150 to £250 per month for a 1 bed and £200 to £350 per month for a 2 bed if you are near to the beachfront, further away expect less.
I disagree, there is not an over supply of good quality rental apartments in hurghada at the moment. I am paying £850 a month for a 2 bed on the beach.

Your prices quoted are for very basic apartments with poor quality furnishings and fittings.

There is a definite need for good quality apartments finished to a high specification for long term letters.[/QUOTE]

If you are selling properties in Hurghada you should know that neither Lotus developments are on the beach and rentals will not command the prices you are paying, I would also like to think that anyone selling Real estate should have the conviction to purchase and not rent as an example to potential buyers.

R

rossantony

There is a definite need for good quality apartments finished to a high specification for long term letters.
If you are selling properties in Hurghada you should know that neither Lotus developments are on the beach and rentals will not command the prices you are paying, I would also like to think that anyone selling Real estate should have the conviction to purchase and not rent as an example to potential buyers.[/QUOTE]

As I stated, the prices quoted are for basic apartments away from the beach. My advice is to buy on the beach if possible if you wish to command a good rent. There is a definite lack of such accommodation. I would like to buy one of the units where I live..however all were sold 5 years ago..resales in the building are going for €225,000 for a 2 bed. I do not want to sell my UK house in a recession, nor do I want to live in any of my investment apartments, so I will rent for the time being. I do think the El Kawsr dsitrict will do very well in the future, it needs another 24 months before it will bring in higher rentals.

E

EvelynGlasgow

Thanks everybody for your replies i am happy if the lotus development is late as i am in a big battle right now with another developer called DAMAC regarding a property i purchased in dubai which is 2 years and 9 months late .

Please everyone never never buy off DAMAC they are legalised crooks.

I believe the lotus development is near the esplanade can you tell me is it near the beach and is it looking nice, i hope.

Do el riad have a good reputation in egypt or not?
Thanks again for your replies.

S

stardon

I have bought a 2 bed in Lotus also. Mohammed assured me (in March) it would be ready in September. I don't think it will. I am going back in June, so can see then if much progress has been made.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Thanks everybody for your replies i am happy if the lotus development is late as i am in a big battle right now with another developer called DAMAC regarding a property i purchased in dubai which is 2 years and 9 months late .

Please everyone never never buy off DAMAC they are legalised crooks.

I believe the lotus development is near the esplanade can you tell me is it near the beach and is it looking nice, i hope.

Do el riad have a good reputation in egypt or not?
Thanks again for your replies.
EvelynGlasgow, no one is allowed to comment on El Riad on this forum so dont think people are ignoring you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.