Other owner reconfiguring car park

S

Scott McGrath

Hello

I live in a 10 flat building, and we have an underground carpark with designated spots.

When we were lease holders, the person who purchased flat 2, had his car park removed from the plans and had one of the visitor car parks assigned to his flat.

This has rendered 4 of our carparks unusable. Because of positioning. At the moment no one lives in 8 so we can spread out but once they are there we won’t be able to get into our car park if everyone is home.

We are now the freeholders. My concerns are:
  1. Was he able to do this (and the old freeholder) without consulting us
  2. Will this devalue my flat, not to mention the pain of not being able to use my carpark
  3. Can we demand him to put it back to how it was.
Thanks

Scott.

F

FWL

Surely it is down to the freeholder to authorise any changes to the plans?

Would it devalue your property - yes, the majority of people would be looking for accessible car parking.

S

Scott McGrath

Surely it is down to the freeholder to authorise any changes to the plans?

Would it devalue your property - yes, the majority of people would be looking for accessible car parking.
Thanks. So the problem is we weren't freeholders when it was done just Leasholders. We're all meeting tomorrow night and I'm going to say I'd like to avoid paying to get legal advice.

But if I have to I'll be asking if the Leaseholders should have been consulted.

And at the least, we may be able to threaten legal action for devaluing our properties.