Orascoms CAPE CITADEL outside Sahl Hashhesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeremy Sturgess

By the way for those of you interested in Sahl I found out today that Orascom are launching a new scheme next door to the Oberoi Hotel in Sahl called CAPE CITADEL. Apparantly it was also in the newspaper in Egypt recently. I saw the brochure today when I visited their offices in Cairo and they are exhibiting at Excel Place in the Sun this weekend. The scheme looked great. Best I have seen at sahl. Lovely designs and all with sea views and a marina. They are planning a pre release offer details of which Im not privy to but I got the impression it would be v attractive. Wont be at Excel myself but interested to hear feedback if anyone else is there.

D

distant dreamer

I wonder if this will be in the "official" boundaries of Sahl Hasheesh, as when I visited I was told that the Oberoi was not part of "Sahl Hasheesh".

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Interesting...wonder how it will be priced!!

I asked the CEO of that project that very question today but he wouldnt tell me precisely (other than to say it will be attractively priced) as I they will be announcing the pre release at the show. He did say they were going to be looking for good agents to help promote the project. I suggested he join this forum to keep everyone updated but in the meantime am happy to pass all enquiries along to him

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Organics1

Anyone been to the Excel and got more info on this?

D

distant dreamer

Hi,

Yes spoke to Orascom at Excel yesterday. If I remember rightly prices were in dollars, but approximately worked out at about £800 per square meter. I was told these were show prices. Mind you, although it is promoted as Sahl Hasheesh and is near the Oberoi, it is not actually within the boundaries of "Sahl Hasheesh Resort Community". They tried to tell me it was, but once they new what I was talking about, they admitted it was "next to" one of the entrances. Not sure if many agents will want to sell this development, they pay very low commission! The harbour will be quite small and I don't think the coastline is as nice as the beautiful Sahl Hasheesh bay.

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Hi,

Yes spoke to Orascom at Excel yesterday. If I remember rightly prices were in dollars, but approximately worked out at about £800 per square meter. I was told these were show prices. Mind you, although it is promoted as Sahl Hasheesh and is near the Oberoi, it is not actually within the boundaries of "Sahl Hasheesh Resort Community". They tried to tell me it was, but once they new what I was talking about, they admitted it was "next to" one of the entrances. Not sure if many agents will want to sell this development, they pay very low commission! The harbour will be quite small and I don't think the coastline is as nice as the beautiful Sahl Hasheesh bay.
Prices sound very reasonable. I think its right next door to Oberoi which is apparantly best hotel on the red sea coast apart perhaps from 4 seasons in sharm. I'm not sure it matters neccessarily if its located within the Sahl compund as such. I think its right next door and the advantage will probably be that with Orascom as the developer you can be assured of high standards as at Gouna whereas the jury must still be out on whether ERC and the numerous developers within Sahl compund will reach the same standards - hopefully they will.

O

Organics1

Thanks for the updates. I agree £800 per sqm is not to bad as long as it's front line sea facing. However could be toppy if it isn't. I'm 50/50 on wether or not it matters being outside the borders matter. I had a look on google earth and thought it was but it's good to get that confirmed. However being next to the Oberoi is a BIG plus for me. If you have a look you can sea the marina at cape citadel on Google earth which looks half finished. Any news on sizes, Payment plans, completions dates etc.

D

distant dreamer

Thanks for the updates. I agree £800 per sqm is not to bad as long as it's front line sea facing. However could be toppy if it isn't. I'm 50/50 on wether or not it matters being outside the borders matter. I had a look on google earth and thought it was but it's good to get that confirmed. However being next to the Oberoi is a BIG plus for me. If you have a look you can sea the marina at cape citadel on Google earth which looks half finished. Any news on sizes, Payment plans, completions dates etc.
Sorry, can't remember - spoke to so many people! Got a nice glossy brochure, but like so many of these developers promotional things, they never tell you the important bits!

O

Organics1

Ok, Thanks for letting me know. Do you fancy one? I'm thinking about it if I could get more info :)

D

distant dreamer

I already own in El Gouna who are owned by Orascom and I think their product is very good. We're buying in Sahl Hasheesh already, so will pass on this one, but I'm sure it will be decent if they are putting their name to it.

F

flip

Does anyone know whether buyers will get free access to Sahl Hash or will there be any restrictions???

Can you walk from Cape Citadel straight into Sahl from land and the beach???

M

M Butler

Cape Citadel

Hi all,

Sitting in cafe in El Gouna having a drink so I can log on.

Spoke to Orascom this morning about Cape Citadel and we were shown some pictures. Looks very nice!!! Going to see it on Tuesday. It is priced in dollars. All 1-2 bed apartments or 2 bed semi detached villas, all sea views , communal pool, but this may be the hotel pool, don't know yet and they come completely kitted out ready to move in - all furniture, kitchen, a/cs, etc. Need to confirm exactly what the etc. is. From $180,000 to $380,000, $1500 -$1650 sq mtr. approx. Also need to confirm prices.

Hotel is 4 star plus. Phase one completion in 3 years and the rest in 5 years.

That's all I know for now. As I said, we will visit on Tuesday and post an update if anyone is interested.

We are just about to crash the cash on our house in El Gouna and are in the process of negotiating renovations pre-moving in. We are impressed with the service that Orascom are offering, so fingers crossed!!!

Margaret.

O

Organics1

Hi Margaret, Yes it would be great if you could let me know what it's like when you see it on Tuesday. Any further info on prices, floor plans, payment structures and any contact details would be a great help. I'm quite keen on this development but obviously can't make a decision without the above.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Margeret it would be great if you can take some pictures and post.

Thanks

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Hi all,

Sitting in cafe in El Gouna having a drink so I can log on.

Spoke to Orascom this morning about Cape Citadel and we were shown some pictures. Looks very nice!!! Going to see it on Tuesday. It is priced in dollars. All 1-2 bed apartments or 2 bed semi detached villas, all sea views , communal pool, but this may be the hotel pool, don't know yet and they come completely kitted out ready to move in - all furniture, kitchen, a/cs, etc. Need to confirm exactly what the etc. is. From $180,000 to $380,000, $1500 -$1650 sq mtr. approx. Also need to confirm prices.

Hotel is 4 star plus. Phase one completion in 3 years and the rest in 5 years.

That's all I know for now. As I said, we will visit on Tuesday and post an update if anyone is interested.

We are just about to crash the cash on our house in El Gouna and are in the process of negotiating renovations pre-moving in. We are impressed with the service that Orascom are offering, so fingers crossed!!!

Margaret.

Interested to know what you think after your visit. I understand the hotel is ready and will be opening in June. Apparantly it was the dream of a well known egyptian architect and he spent about 10 years building and financing it and then ran out of money and this was when Orascom stepped in last january. The walls of the hotel are made from coral and it looks fabulous from the pictures I've seen.

I was told the units will have full use of the 5 hotel pools and the two saltwater pools at the entrance of the marina. By the way the Marina is basically ready and will have boats in it this year - the marina director at Gouna who is also running Cape Citadels marina thinks it will be fabulous. I would think the early buyers will snap up the marina berths (dont know how many of these there are). I think it will also appeal to Egyptians buyers particularly those with boats. The marina at Gouna is full and I cant get a wet mooring for my boat as the number of locals buying small and large boats is increasing rapidly.

Hope to get down there soon to check it out and will report back.

O

Organics1

Now my juices are really flowing ;-) If anyone gets anymore information, pics, details, etc, etc please let me know, and as Jeremy quite rightly said I would be interested in the price of the berths too. Please keep us posted.

M

M Butler

Cape Citadel

I will get as much info as I can tomorrow and will take pictures also.

Jeremy, I think you must have seen the same brochures that we saw and it does look fabulous. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your boat because we may be able to help you out.

Margaret

J

Jeremy Sturgess

I will get as much info as I can tomorrow and will take pictures also.

Jeremy, I think you must have seen the same brochures that we saw and it does look fabulous. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your boat because we may be able to help you out.

Margaret
Its only a small Mastercraft 280, 28 feet. Philip is trying to sort me out a wet mooring but they are full at present.

O

Organics1

Hi Margaret, So, what did you think of the development yesterday? Did you manage to get any pics or any other info? What are your thoughts of this project. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.