Orascoms CAPE CITADEL outside Sahl Hashhesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M Butler

Is that right? I was led to believe that if you reserved by the end of may you would get a furniture pack (without linen) and that's it. kitchen equipment and Air con would be extra. Have you been told different?
I was told by an Orascom agent that they would be fully equipped and ready to go and I did ask if kitchen and aircons were included and he said yes. He knows that we are also buying a villa in El Gouna so maybe that had something to do with it, but that is what the man said!!

Margaret

O

Organics1

I was told by an Orascom agent that they would be fully equipped and ready to go and I did ask if kitchen and aircons were included and he said yes. He knows that we are also buying a villa in El Gouna so maybe that had something to do with it, but that is what the man said!!

Margaret
Great! Now I'm even more interested.

Thanks so much for the pics and the time you've taken to sort them out.

Organics1

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Hope you are not too bored by now!!! Loading these takes ages. :D

1. Caverns underneath the hotel!!
2. View of beach from hotel rooms.
3. Hotel from villa and apartment site.
4. Site for villas and apartments stepping down in levels to the beach.
5. Construction work in progress on next site. Not Orascom. In the far distance I think you can see the northern most part of Sahl Hasheesh, emphasis on think!! This is the best my camera can do.
6. The site next door. The wall on the left looks like the end of the Cape Citadel villas/apartments.
7. Tiered levels for villas and apartments.
8. Same again.

Enjoy,
Margaret
Thanks Margaret

Pictures look amazing. Im going to try and get down there soon myself. It looks so much better than anything ive seen in the pictures on other developments at sahl. stunning scenery and the marina looks amazing. It will be a lifetime before the serrenia marina is built at the rate they are going (if indeed it ever starts) and this ones already finished and ready to go. will look even better once the boats start going in. I believe the sales are going pretty well and im not surprised if it looks like this and the prices seem very good value particularly if the furniture is thrown in. I dont know how long the pre release period lasts but it wont be long i expect. Happy to pass on to any interested people the contact details of George at Orascom whos dealing with this.PM me

J

Jeremy Sturgess

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thanks Margaret.

That looks absolutely amazing. I was waiting to get more information about the Ancient Sands development before making a decision but I don't know now. I doubt you will find another development coming anywhere near this in terms of aesthetics. Do you know if the apartments will be built in the same style?

Also can I ask where exactly will the apartments be built. When I look at the location on google earth I see some tiered land behind the hotel and to the right of it?

Thanks again.

Dear Organics

You wont have to wait much longer for Ancient Sands at Gouna - and it will be worth waiting for. As you can see from Cape Citadel when Orascom do something ,they do it right, whether at Gouna or Sahl. Suggest you have one of each:)

O

Organics1

Dear Organics

You wont have to wait much longer for Ancient Sands at Gouna - and it will be worth waiting for. As you can see from Cape Citadel when Orascom do something ,they do it right, whether at Gouna or Sahl. Suggest you have one of each:)
If only Jeremy, if only!

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place as the deal with Cape Citadel is only there until the end of the month but Ancient Sands won't be released until early June. So I could miss the CC offer and I don't even know if AS will be within my budget :-(

Oh well, What will be will be.

HORIZON

HORIZON

Please can you tell me if Orascom actually owns this land plot on which they will be developing or will it be built like in El Gouna (on unregistered land) where you can register your property only through court, not in the Notary?
Still amazing place they found for development!

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Please can you tell me if Orascom actually owns this land plot on which they will be developing or will it be built like in El Gouna (on unregistered land) where you can register your property only through court, not in the Notary?
Still amazing place they found for development!
I believe Cape Citadel is a JV with Joud Fund who purchased the property and hotel last January. Orascom are the development managers I believe and are running the project. There was a press release issued in January and last month I believe which explains the structure which you will find if you google.

J

Jeremy Sturgess

Hi
i have meeting with Marketing Manage of this Project on Monday so when back from this meeting will post details
Regards
George
Just Back to Hurghada From A Month Vacation :)
Hi George

How did your meeting go with Orascom. I here sales are going pretty well. Have you sold any yet George ?

R

rossantony

beautiful spot...

its a beautiful spot, the hotel interior is amazing, as well as the views from the suites. also from the ocean looking back onto the hotel the place really looks its best..

one small point though.....that i wanted to mention after reading through the posts....it was not built by Orascom.

Its been there 2 years empty, waiting for the right team to pick it up...in this case Orascom!

i know one of the local sales team..mo tarek.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

teepee

regarding Ross' comment about the hotel not being built by Orasom, can anyone confirm that Orascom are building Cape Citadel, they are marketing the development.

R

rossantony

regarding Ross' comment about the hotel not being built by Orasom, can anyone confirm that Orascom are building Cape Citadel, they are marketing the development.
CAIRO: Orascom Development & Management (ODM) in partnership with Joud Fund has recently announced the launch of the new Cape Citadel development in Sahl Hasheesh.

The fully-fledged luxury resort is 20 minutes away from Hurghada International Airport. Cape Citadel constitutes of five-star Citadel Azur Hotel, Cape Citadel real estate and an international sailing marina, all connected together by a shared transportation system.

The luxurious Citadel Azur Hotel, designed by renowned architect Amr El Alfy, incorporates coral fossil stone rustic features, arcades, vaults and multi-level landscape. Emerging as a castle from underneath the sea, its irregularity, the hotel provides the anchor for the Cape Citadel resort.

Cape Citadel real estate, the highlight of the development, features a range of different types of separate and twin villas, chalets and a variety of different size apartments and studios. Cape Citadel homeowners will have full access to all the amenities of the Citadel Azur Hotel.

A Roman style amphitheater directly facing the sea will be the center of entertainment.

The International Cape Citadel Marina located in the bay next to the hotel comprises of 28 berths of up to 4.5 m in depth. The full-service diving center adjacent to the marina will offer excursions out to the treasure trove of coral located just below the surface, including fishing safaris, diving trips, and a range of water sports.

ODM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Orascom Hotels and Development (OHD) whose portfolio includes the El Gouna project and its primary activity is the development of completely self-sustainable towns. In this same vein, ODM’s Cape Citadel will follow the OHD model of providing guests and residents with every imaginable service in one location, creating a comprehensive leisure and residential community

J

Jeremy Sturgess

More info ...
Cape Citadel Sahl Hasheesh by Orascom , Classica Real Estate Agency, Hurghada, Red Sea, Egypt

This thread seems to have gone very quiet.
Did anyone decide to buy here in the end ?

I caught up with the CEO of this project last week. It is selling mainly to locals and Middle East Investors although I believe some units have also gone into the UK. He had just sold a large number of units to a Dubai investor and I believe their total units sold to date are over 100. Not bad at all and shows how strong the Middle east market is - they are awash with cash from the oil boom with very few sensible ideas to invest.

L

Lsab

Not bad at all and shows how strong the Middle east market is - they are awash with cash from the oil boom with very few sensible ideas to invest.
Thanks for that Jeremy, :)

This is what I keep trying to point out. So many UK buyers think that they're the only ones purchasing in Egypt. I know that Gulf Arabs have been doing so for years before us! ;)

T

teepee

Cape Citadel

I write this reply from my hotel room in the Citadel Azur Hotel, just spent 2 days viewing properties in Sahl Hasheesh (Ocean Breeze, Palm Beach, Paradise Gardens, El Andalous, Cape Citadel, Sunset Pearl and Red Sea Pearl),and El Gouna.
The bay at Sahl Hasheesh is beautiful, but there are a lot of developments going up, and some are beach fronted whilst others are set back from the beach. Hard to get unobstructed beach views from those as other developments will go up in front of them. Cape Citadel has an impressive position, every unit will have unobstructed sea views, use of a private beach (not as good as the main SH beach though) and use of the hotel's impressive facilities. It is 500 - 1000 metres north of the main SH drag, but I quite like that. It feels quite exclusive and classy. Prices are excellent compared to the others, as it is still only at launch stage.
Build has not started yet, so you are buying on Orascom's reputation of course. El Gouna is an example of a completed Orascom development and that is impressive.
One thing to beware of; unit sizes are quite innaccurate, an apartment that is qouted as say 80 square metres will not be that. All common areas are included in apartment sizes, this includeds things like elevator shafts!! Check the net size of your property carefully. This is common in all the properties I have viewed by the way. Any questions reply please.

R

rossantony

pictures!

i can write a thousand words...or attach these for you.

these are of the citadel azur hotel, not of the orascom apartments that are for sale..however location is the same.

regards

Attachments

R

rossantony

more pictures

you will be viewing the last pictures first, and the first pictures last...oh well.

of the hotel citadel azur

Attachments

R

rossantony

final pictures

all images in these 3 posts are (C) copyright of Ross Donaldson.
taken july 13th 2008 at 6pm.

special room rates available.

Attachments

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

I write this reply from my hotel room in the Citadel Azur Hotel, just spent 2 days viewing properties in Sahl Hasheesh (Ocean Breeze, Palm Beach, Paradise Gardens, El Andalous, Cape Citadel, Sunset Pearl and Red Sea Pearl),and El Gouna.
The bay at Sahl Hasheesh is beautiful, but there are a lot of developments going up, and some are beach fronted whilst others are set back from the beach. Hard to get unobstructed beach views from those as other developments will go up in front of them. Cape Citadel has an impressive position, every unit will have unobstructed sea views, use of a private beach (not as good as the main SH beach though) and use of the hotel's impressive facilities. It is 500 - 1000 metres north of the main SH drag, but I quite like that. It feels quite exclusive and classy. Prices are excellent compared to the others, as it is still only at launch stage.
Build has not started yet, so you are buying on Orascom's reputation of course. El Gouna is an example of a completed Orascom development and that is impressive.
One thing to beware of; unit sizes are quite innaccurate, an apartment that is qouted as say 80 square metres will not be that. All common areas are included in apartment sizes, this includeds things like elevator shafts!! Check the net size of your property carefully. This is common in all the properties I have viewed by the way. Any questions reply please.
Hi teepee,

Thank you for your post, i have never been to this hotel or location, i visited Sahl but just stayed by the developments and pier. I am just about to take this development on and i would like to ask your opinion if you think it would appeal to the UK market and would it sit well alongside Sunset/Red Sea Pearl? I intend to visit in the next couple of months but as you are there i wondered if you could give me an idea. Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.