ad

Opinion on living next to a pub

D

DanC

Hi. Can anyone help me with some advice I am looking for: where can I find expert opinion on the affect living adjacent to a pub can have on a house value? (or is anyone willing to be that expert opinion?)

I am preparing a case for a Valuation Tribunal and need to find expert opinion to include within the case:
- The VOA have referenced the average house price for our street in 1993. However, our house is adjacent to a noisy pub so any expert opinion I can receive / find on the extent this can reduce a house price would be very useful so I can show the distance we may have been below that average in 1993.
- We also live 2 metres from a main road, whereas all other houses are set much further back. Any expert opinion on the extent (%) living on a main road can bring down a house price would also be very gratefully received.

I will build this expert opinion into my case, along with other points we shall be addressing.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

DanC

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Hi Dan,

I am not an expert but you do seem to have some strong arguments with regards to the impact the pub and the vicinity to the main road could have on your property. I would be interested to know how you get on.

D

DanC

Thanks Longterminvestor. I am building a reasonable case, but I need the expert opinion to help on a critical element of the VOA's decline of my appeal - is anyone out there that has an opinion on my query?

Thanks

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Longterminvestor. I am building a reasonable case, but I need the expert opinion to help on a critical element of the VOA's decline of my appeal - is anyone out there that has an opinion on my query?

Thanks
@Nicholas Wallwork is the owner of the forum and an experienced developer, he might be able to point you in the right direction?