Opening an account in Dubai with HSBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tbashir

I'm finally in the process of opening an account with HSBC :)
I tried twice to open it in person in Dubai but failed due to problems getting the group ID form (once the UK branch didn't know what it was so couldn't send it and the second time they couldn't send it in time).
After a lot of complaining they agreed to drop the 100 pounds charge (this charge is made if you open the account from outside of Dubai) and did all the paper work over the phone for me. I just had to print the form and go into a branch to get my ID verified.
After my experience they supposedly will be giving feed back to the Dubai branch that they shouldn't send people away without opening an account just because they don't have a group ID form on the day, since that form is something internal to HSBC and has to be organised by them.

T

tbashir

I'm finally in the process of opening an account with HSBC :)
I tried twice to open it in person in Dubai but failed due to problems getting the group ID form (once the UK branch didn't know what it was so couldn't send it and the second time they couldn't send it in time).
After a lot of complaining they agreed to drop the 100 pounds charge (this charge is made if you open the account from outside of Dubai) and did all the paper work over the phone for me. I just had to print the form and go into a branch to get my ID verified.
After my experience they supposedly will be giving feed back to the Dubai branch that they shouldn't send people away without opening an account just because they don't have a group ID form on the day, since that form is something internal to HSBC and has to be organised by them.

B

BAkhtar

Its easiest to open an account with EMirates Bank....thats my experience.

Y

yousafnoor

Can a UAE non-resident, open an account in any of the UAE banks?

S

SAH

in my personal expr. they don't need your little money and they never consider small invesitors or little money accounts. they always look big clients so if anyone have account there goodluck.

I like banking in my own country and prefer UBL bank in UAE friendly people and friendly service. check them also

i don;t like to get resident visa for 7000 AED without this visa you canoot open bank account as far as i know

C

Chessmaster

Dear all

I havent read all the posts but regarding a bank account in the UAE for non residents ....

I am resident in the UK, run my own business and do some 'consultancy' work in the UAE for some clients. I invoice them they pay me locally. So i opened an UAE dirham Savings only account ( which accepts BACS and cheque deposits and is operated by ATM card in UAE only, and managed by telephone or internett ) in the Mercato mall kiosk of HSBC.
As I bank with hsbc in the UK, the reference was no problem, and 3 months later I now have clients putting money in ... its been quite easy ( my brother-in-law was working in Dubs, so i gave him authority letters to collect my bank card and PIN number )

As long as you bank elsewhere in HSBC, then you can transfer money at the appropriate bank exchange rate internally ( hsbc dont charge either ) to another one of your hsbc accounts where u can take the money out ....

Dont know if this has helped but any questions please ask me....

cheers

M

MASHH

account opening

All,

With regards to the account opening please do inform me if you would be interested in opening an account (Saving, Dual (saving +current),Current, Fixed Deposits) with Noor Islamic Bank in Dubai as I can help you in that...(whether residents or non-residents) + NIB has really attractive rates...

[email protected]

Cheersss...

B

Bilal Usman

All,

With regards to the account opening please do inform me if you would be interested in opening an account (Saving, Dual (saving +current),Current, Fixed Deposits) with Noor Islamic Bank in Dubai as I can help you in that...(whether residents or non-residents) + NIB has really attractive rates...

[email protected]

Cheersss...
i am a non-resident , living in pak, can i open an account and have a cheque Book?
as i already have an account in HSBC DUBAI but dont have cheque book

Rgds

Bilal

M

mskhan

I opened an account 2 years ago in Dubai via my local HSBC branch in the UK. As a non-resident you can open a savings account and not a current account. You will be issued with debit cards which akllows you to draw money out when you are in the UAE. To avaid charges a minimum balance of AED5000 is required.

I have 1 bedroom apartment in the Persia area of International City. It is on long term let via Exclusive a british run company. Rent is deposited in my savings account.

Hope this information will be useful to all who have purchased in Dubai and are looking to let.

M S Khan

A

Anwar

Must I open an account only in the UK first or can it be in any other country to enable me to open an account in Dubai?

A

Anwar

Must I open an account only in the UK first or can it be in any other country to enable me to open an account in Dubai?

K

Kipriot

I just called HSBC and they are not aware of any opening account fee and were very surprised upon hearing me ask about this.

Are you able to scan me a copy of the covering letter for me to have a look at it so that I can advise you further.

I can "pm" you my email address....let me know.

Thanks Raz
I can "pm" you my email address....let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.