Opening a local Branch in Brazil for an International Real Estate company

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lorenzofp

Hello Everybody.

I am working for an International Real Estate Group, I live in Italy and they are interested in opening a local branch and offices in Brazil. We are interested in doing a 50.000 dollars investement to open a local branch in Brazil in order to give me a permanent visa to work for them from new offices in Brazil. I am writing here because they asked me for the right and exact procedure about how could they open a local branch in Brazil, time required, papers, and everything. I would like to receive some help about this matter, maybe some sites with a complete guide to open a local Branch in Brazil, or maybe someone that already has this information could post here the exact procedure. I have been searching for this information in the internet but it seems it is difficult to find a good site with information in english about this matter, if anyone can help me i will be extremely grateful.
The company original branch is in European Union.

Thank you SO MUCH. please add me to msn if you want to contact me:
l a u r e n t 4 5 6 @ h o t m a i l . c o m

S

Sean@Phuket

Dear sir

Hi Laurant

I am sorry I cannot give you the information you require, but would like to propose setting up collaboration agreement between us. I am a Phuket based Realtor, with a partner who is Dubai based. Phuket and Dubai are our 'bread and butter' but we are also looking as far afield as places such as Brazil.

I would really like for us to talk more

PM me if you are interested

Warmest Regards

Sean

debzor

debzor

Hello Everybody.

I am working for an International Real Estate Group, I live in Italy and they are interested in opening a local branch and offices in Brazil. We are interested in doing a 50.000 dollars investement to open a local branch in Brazil in order to give me a permanent visa to work for them from new offices in Brazil. I am writing here because they asked me for the right and exact procedure about how could they open a local branch in Brazil, time required, papers, and everything. I would like to receive some help about this matter, maybe some sites with a complete guide to open a local Branch in Brazil, or maybe someone that already has this information could post here the exact procedure. I have been searching for this information in the internet but it seems it is difficult to find a good site with information in english about this matter, if anyone can help me i will be extremely grateful.

Have you looked at BritsinBrazil.com...?

J

jennifer.fordd

Lorenzo,

I think it is better is you look for a local law firm in Natal in order to help you out with this process.

Regards.

D

Dotty

Banned
Good idea to seek legal advice.
Hello Everybody.

B

brazilianlawyer

Along the years, foreigners from all over the world have settled in Brazil their permanent residence by means of an investor visa.

The investment visa was regulated by Normative Ruling 60 of the National Council of Immigration, granting the permanent visa to individual foreign investors that had invested at least US$ 50,000 in a Brazilian company as a shareholder.

Also, the Brazilian Government made an exception, allowing people who had
invested less than US$ 50,000 but retained the minimum of ten Brazilian employees in their company to be eligible for a visa.

However, in 2009 the Brazilian authority has severely changed the rules by the Normative Ruling 84 of the National Council of Immigration, including new requirements and procedures for the issuance and renewal of the investor’s visa.

I – REQUIREMENTS FOR INVESTMENT VISA

I.1. Eligibility
Since February 13th, 2009, as per the issuance of the Normative Ruling 84, the investor’s visa may only be issued in two cases:

(i) foreign investor who have invested at least R$ 150.000,00 (one hundred and
fifty thousand reais) in a Brazilian productive company; or

(ii) individuals who have invested less than R$ 150.000,00, upon the presentation of an investment plan that creates job opportunities in Brazil.

I.2. Requirements
The main alteration on the regulations is that rather than the objective criteria previously existing, now the authorities shall take in consideration the social interest of the investment on the following aspects:

(i)creation of job opportunities; (ii) increase of productivity; (iii) transference of technology;(iv) cooptation of resources to special economic sectors.

Moreover, in what concerns to the visa applications for those that invest less than R$150.000,00, in addition to the points highlighted above the following requirements are now ruling:
(i) presentation of a business program containing an annual plan for generation of jobs to Brazilians; (ii) amount of the investment; and (iii) area of the country in
which the resources shall be applied.

II – VALIDITY OF VISA

Since February 2009, the validity of investment visa’s changed from five years to three years.

The renewal of the visa requires that all investment conditions remains and (if
applicable) the business program is being fulfilled by the Brazilian company.

III – CONCLUSION
In view of the above, the main alteration is that instead of the compliance with objective criteria for the eligibility for a investor’s visa, the new regulations have included the analysis of subjective criteria under discretion of the authorities.

Considering that the new regulation has just been issued, it is yet early to know how the subjective criteria shall be applied by the authorities, so that a specialized assistance of an experienced Brazilian attorney with is recommendable.

Status
Not open for further replies.