Opening a bank account

J

JPD

just for debzor

All in one sentence ........... look here it comes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Great service from a Brazilian bank and an account open in 20 mins !!!!

See that wasnt so hard was it ??

Right on one part, we had our protocols, waiting for our RNE cards, BUT ......... you failed to ask ...... why would I tap here to help somone with a bit of advice, maybe only to get a snotty comment from you ????? We took some friends into the same bank some months later, they were doing charity work ............ and were in the same position as our enquiring forum friend............... got a declaration from the charity, one from the PF and a cpf ..... and ....... wait for it ....... 20 mins they had an account open.

Maybe the banks on Itamaraca are crap, but in JP there are one or two good ones. The HSBC here is crap tho. lol

So, hoping you have a really lovely evening, I know I will. :ridinghorse:

PS you forgot to tell him that you cant have a poupanca and make more than 3 transactions per month out of the account without causing a problem, and thats a federal law ........... by the way .... said with love and affection of course!

debzor

debzor

All in one sentence ........... look here it comes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Great service from a Brazilian bank and an account open in 20 mins !!!!

See that wasnt so hard was it ??

Right on one part, we had our protocols, waiting for our RNE cards, BUT ......... you failed to ask ...... why would I tap here to help somone with a bit of advice, maybe only to get a snotty comment from you ????? We took some friends into the same bank some months later, they were doing charity work ............ and were in the same position as our enquiring forum friend............... got a declaration from the charity, one from the PF and a cpf ..... and ....... wait for it ....... 20 mins they had an account open.

Maybe the banks on Itamaraca are crap, but in JP there are one or two good ones. The HSBC here is crap tho. lol

So, hoping you have a really lovely evening, I know I will. :ridinghorse:

PS you forgot to tell him that you cant have a poupanca and make more than 3 transactions per month out of the account without causing a problem, and thats a federal law ........... by the way .... said with love and affection of course!
Well, full respect to the banks in JP, then, apart from HSBC. Maybe we should all come there and use them!

Here we only have one bank - Caixa, and it is crap, but my banking experience is through a wide range of banks in Brazil, of whom I found Citibank to be the best.

However we have no such restrictions on transactions with poupanca accounts, (we probably use ours 30-40 times per month) but you must have a job to get a current/checking account.

G

globalinvestor

hi all

can anybody recomend a copany i can use to set up a bank account in brazil?

thanxs

debzor

debzor

hi all

can anybody recomend a copany i can use to set up a bank account in brazil?

thanxs
In a nutshell, you cannot open a bank account in Brazil as a non-resident, unless you are prepared to allow a local resident total control and access, and pay a fortune in fees.