ad

On behalf of the clueless

K

Kally

Being that the forum is very informative I'm finding it hard to put pieces of information together in an organised manner. For those who are starting out from scratch (such as myself) is there anyone that can give a structured guidance of how one would start with buying-to-let and buying-to-sell. What tools are a property investors best friend, in terms of sources, statistics and so on.

Example questions:

- Being that the property market is strong does that make buy-to-sell a less viable option unless its BMV?
- If I had deposit money and wanted to make a profitable income taking the buy-to-let route what would the time scale roughly be for me to see a profit and what are the following steps I'd need to take?
- What's the best way to determine whether a property has potential? Is it more external factors such as transport, school's, convenient shopping outlets etc?

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head atm but any solid start-up information would be much appreciated. Please leave any advice or information as a reply so myself and others new to property can take as a stepping stone.

Thanks