Off topic, but really hope someone can help anyway - passport problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamphi24

Hi,
I am really hoping that someone can help me. I am trying to help a family friend, who is brazilian and who lives in Natal has a family problem at the moment and needs to get a passport urgently. However in order to get a passport supposedly you need a 'documento de titulo' however they only turned 18 last year and do not yet have one. However at the moment there are supposedly elections and they are not issuing any of these 'documento de titulo' until october!! Which means they cannot get a passport until october/november time. Which to me seems unbelievable! Does anyone know anyone that could be of help? Or does anyone know a way around this?

You reply would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

J

JMBroad

I'll ask around but sounds quite likely. In Itacaré once I was helping a friend do a purchase and the notary clerk resigned - they hadn't prepared a successor so there was no notary for ages.

C

Coqueiro

I'll ask around but sounds quite likely. In Itacaré once I was helping a friend do a purchase and the notary clerk resigned - they hadn't prepared a successor so there was no notary for ages.
Crossing a palm with silver often helps the rackety type writer crank into action, on the other hand drive to Ilheus and use the forum there!

J

JMBroad

Crossing a palm with silver often helps the rackety type writer crank into action, on the other hand drive to Ilheus and use the forum there!
Yup we ended up using Ilhéus, but it still makes for an entertaining anecdote - kind of like the one where the Prime Minister of Portugal resigned relatively recently because he got offered a better job.

Amusing and true but less interesting when you know the result ;)

M

michaelbush

Hopefully the information re the TRE (Tribuna Registro Eleitoral?)in the town centre was helpful to your friend.

J

jamphi24

Thanks Michael. Hopefully find out tommorrow when I speak to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.