ad

Off Plan Albania with R2i

V

Villa57

Has anybody invested with R2i with off plan in Albania. It looks to me that they have done the same trick again as in Morocco, Bulgaria, Turkey and god knows where else. Please let me know

L

Lysos

From what I've read it seems that R2I have not successfully completed ANY of their overseas projects, and everyone who has invested (apart from the principals themselves, of course) has lost everything.

V

Villa57

I have just found out that 45 people invested in a Spanish off-plan scheme but they have seen nothing. What really makes my blood boils that some national news papers like the times have endorsed them. Obviously, they are not aware of what is going on.

L

Lysos

An internet search for 'Ready2Invest' brings up the site for a Spanish Law firm who were involved with them but cancelled their contract as they didn't like what was going on.

One of their solicitors has a blog about the whole affair and possible legal action.

A couple of years back I read of an action against them in Jersey.

I think your figure of 45 'victims' is way short of the mark !.

Interesting that R2I still have a website (although the latest 'news' is that they will be at the 'Place in the Sun' expo in 2009 !).
They are now offering "alternative investments" such as gold, oil & farmland !.

V

Villa57

I read the article about the Spanish faso as well. The latest I have heard from some victims that land going to e prepossessed the bank which means they will go empty handed. I fear that a similar thing will happen to our investment in Albania. It looks to that R2i have found themselves a lucrative market by creating a separate holding ( developer) foreign company under different names with a puppet director officially paid by this holding company. However, the truth is that majority shareholders are R2i ie the wife or the son of R2i owner. They use the land which paid for by the investors as a guarantee for their activities in that particular foreign country. I really don't know how much longer can get away with this

C

condor

Also invested

Dear,

As i understand you also bought a unit in Albania with r2i? I am in contact with 6 other investors sofar.

V

Villa57

Hi
Thanks, may be we are both in the same forum. if not i would like to know more. Warren