OECD expected weakening of the G7 and expansion in Brazil

• Thread starter jonathanlondres
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonathanlondres

The economic outlook is still weakening in the seven major economies in the world (the G7),according to the index of leading indicators of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) for July, released this Friday. However, the forecast for Brazil is expanding.

"Check out more news on Economy

"The data indicate expansion in China, Brazil and Russia, and deceleration in India," said the OECD in note.

The indicator for the G7 (formed by Canada, United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany and Japan) fell 0.7 point on the previous month and 5.1 points before July 2007, to 96.5.

For the OECD area, which engolba 29 countries, the fall was 0.7 point month to month and from 5.2 points in the annual comparison. The indicator for the United States declined 0.2% month to month.

T

timatthebeach

jon, how about starting one thread on brazillian economy rather than starting a new thread for every comment you make. I can only speak for myself but its getting on my ti*s

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
jon, how about starting one thread on brazillian economy rather than starting a new thread for every comment you make. I can only speak for myself but its getting on my ti*s
It is starting to have a similar affect on me too.

D

Dotty

Banned
He's put a spark into the threads ,even if it is all copy and paste!Dave seems to like it.

T

timatthebeach

i got no prob with content dotty - just a pain having to go from thread to thread. :) when scrolling down is easier, my pc isnt the fastest (i hate talk talk - but theyre cheap) and im lazy. as you can probably tell from my lack of punctuation or is that just an indictment on the british eductaion system ..................

Last edited:
debzor

debzor

The economic outlook is still weakening in the seven major economies in the world (the G7),according to the index of leading indicators of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) for July, released this Friday. However, the forecast for Brazil is expanding.

"Check out more news on Economy

"The data indicate expansion in China, Brazil and Russia, and deceleration in India," said the OECD in note.

The indicator for the G7 (formed by Canada, United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany and Japan) fell 0.7 point on the previous month and 5.1 points before July 2007, to 96.5.

For the OECD area, which engolba 29 countries, the fall was 0.7 point month to month and from 5.2 points in the annual comparison. The indicator for the United States declined 0.2% month to month.

Am I being stupid, or are there no figures here for the 'expansion in Brasil'. Data indicating expansion in ...Brazil... can mean anything, but when precise figures are given for other countries it seems a bit strange not to compare like for like.

As Disraeli (allegedly) said, there are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics...

...and yes... one thread, perhaps 'Brazil Economy Overview' would suffice in my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.