Odds & Sods

P

propertastic

I asked Bob to work out the trends from the number of posts this year and the two countries with the biggest growth are Egypt and Brazil whereas Dubai & Spain are declining. Good eh!
I tried to do an analysis last night comparing activities in forums with the A Place in the Sun list of inquiries for international locations that was published last week.

There's absolutely no correlation at all.

There seems to be very little activity here on the 'Old World' overseas markets such as Spain, France, Italy and Greece, whereas there is a huge amount of interest in the emerging markets such as Egypt, Brazil, Morocco and Dubai.

This, to me, is just more proof that all of us on TotallyProperty are ahead of the curve and, where we lead, others will follow!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
That Dirty Word - Rain!!

I was on the phone to Hurghada yesterday and it was raining!!! The first time in eight or nine years apparently.

Still, now thats out of the way we should be safe for another eight or nine.

P

propertastic

Her Royal Highness has agreed to accompany me to Hurghada on the understanding that:

(a) I don't work her into the ground
(b) I buy her membership at a nice health club
(c) I get her access to a nice private beach so that she can spend much of her time lazing around drinking Margarita's untroubled by riff-raff.

For the 'nice health club' part of the deal, I've heard good things about the Marriott. Has anyone any experience of it?

Anyone know of a nice private beach that it's possible to buy a membership for?

Anyone know how much cash it's going to cost me a month to keep Madam happy?

queenie40something

queenie40something

When we were in Sharm last Easter we had thunder, lightning and rain. Bit scary when the lightning came as we were in the pool!!

I

izze

Can anyone tell me what's will it apox cost to finish 1/2 a villa in Mubarak 6?
Thanks

P

propertastic

Say GBP15,000 if you want it to top European standards and you give it to a responsible company who will micro-manage the whole process from start to finish.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Hi Nick
The way things are looking you won't have to worry; you can keep her busy with our clients all day every day!

P

propertastic

Hi Nick
The way things are looking you won't have to worry; you can keep her busy with our clients all day every day!
Her clients, not ours!

I need to find her a nice beach with Wifi, then she can work and sunbathe at the same time!

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

If anyone is 'in town' between now and the 8th Feb. my mobile number is (002) 0161 714337. (I know, I know it looks like a Manchester number but believe me thats where the similarity ends!)

I

izze

Say GBP15,000 if you want it to top European standards and you give it to a responsible company who will micro-manage the whole process from start to finish.
Thanks for the info, what is included in "everything"? I was thinking of aluminium d/g, fitted kitchen, electrics, plumbing, bathrooms, tiling, plaster work, painting etc ready to move in the furniture and white goods.:)

P

propertastic

Please take this sum as a very rough figure based on a few figures I have had tossed to me on various projects.

But my understanding is that this sum would take you to the same level of finishing as all of the other developments that are discussed on this board on a daily basis.

It should include everything you need apart from aircon, for which you need to budget up to GBP700 per room.

Then you just need to furnish it.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Finishing

Hi
For finishing 30000 Euro for Luxury Finishing (High standards) and a company handle every thing for you
and if you like to have a swimming pool costs will be 40000 Euro
those numbers based on facts done to people here for half Villa in Mubarak 7

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi Nick
for nice health club and private beach i recommend you Hilton Plaza full membership Gives you the access to the beach and swimming pool plus Sauna,Jaquizi, Steam Bath, Massage, Squash play grounds, Tennis Play Grounds, for wifi i don't know realy if it covered there or not i neve take my laptop there :)

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
yeah the weather these days is good in morning and cold in evening but light raining, snd some days morning full of clouds

L

lyndsay552

Does anyone know what the traditional food or dish is for egypt?

L

lyndsay552

Thanks Queenie, I had a quick flick through it but thought it was only about restaurants. I'll look again.