OASIS projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jayne1965

I have bought one of the apartments in the Oasis 1, Through Iraida estate agency, Has anyone else bought there?

D

dave2u

i asume you have been on there update contruction site lots of info on there

J

Jayne1965

Yes I have been on the site, but was wondering if anyone on here had bought an apartment. xx

P

philthecar

hi there we have bought an apt on one of the oasis complex's and have just found this site. how is your builidng going then and can you let us now what its like

J

J4hurghada

Banned
HI philthecar, Which building have your bought in, we have just come back from 2 fantastic weeks over there, we bought into the oasis 1 which was ready in June,

P

philthecar

hi we have bought into oasis resort which is due for completion in Sept or Dec 2008. We havnt bin over yet so have no idea what the building work is like or the turn key furniture. Did you get turnkey and did you have any problems. Also what is hurghada itself like. thanks

J

J4hurghada

Banned
fantastic company help every way, we had turnkey furniture had made and good quality, get out to Hurghada you should love it.

P

philthecar

Thanks Very Much For That You Have Reassured Us. We Have Booked To Get Over In The New Year For A Week To See How It Is.

L

Lyndhurst Park

Hi, Please refer to my e mail posted on the site on the 5th headed "Breach of Contract". The resort mentioned is the new Oasis complex currently being constructed.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi, Please refer to my e mail posted on the site on the 5th headed "Breach of Contract". The resort mentioned is the new Oasis complex currently being constructed.
Hi so what is the latest,any more developments or is it a matter of you have decided to stick with this development.

P

philthecar

cheers lyndhurst. Its good to hear a full picture sometimes. We had noticed this ourselves on the plans provided by iradia and had queried the same as we wanted a top floor

L

Lyndhurst Park

Breach Of Contract Oasis Resort

Hi,

I have e mailed the UK Agent (Logic sales) 4 times with no response. Last week I Fwd on these e mails to Iraida for them to reply direct. Awaiting a response. I will keep the forum posted.

L

Lyndhurst Park

Oasis Rssort Breach of COntract

Hi so what is the latest,any more developments or is it a matter of you have decided to stick with this development.
As pledged, I would notify the forum when I received a Response from Iraida re: Breach of Contract Oasis Resort. I have now received a reply from which is very disturbing.

With regard to the contract agreement...Their response
"The apartments were sold off plan. Once the project is built, only then the Sales Contract will be relevant". This means that when we have paid over our money we have no contractual assurances? Only when the building is completed does the contract kick in.

Then we have their reply about the alterations on the architect’s drawings: “The interface is an impression, not exact and is obviously subject to change”. If that was indeed the case – why was the interface presented on its own page within the contract that we had to sign and was countered sighed by Iraida?

Then we have the reply re: building the additional floor at a later date after the contracts have been signed. “In Egypt it is possible to make an additional floor provided the building licence permits it. The ability to increase the number of floor is based on permission of the City Council. To increase the number of floors you must first not restrict in the contract the number of floors of the building and you must own the roof. As you know, the contracts do not state the number of floors and Iraida Construction owns the roof. Oasis Resort was granted the building licence to build the additional floor after the first artistic drawings were drawn”.

So, according do Iraida, although we have handed over the total amount of the purchase of the apartment we do in fact have no legal coverage until the building is completed. Whatever the drawing show on the time of purchase and signed for can be altered at any time and built upon as long as the construction company owns the roof. In short the purchaser has no legal rights whatsoever………………Of course, that’s if you were naive enough to take on board such an absurd response.

Sadly, I was about to just drop the issue, but Iraida’s ‘off the wall’ response has raised alarm bells.

A

awahee123

Banned
Hi lyndhurst park,

You are right this is cause for concern,have you thought about some legal advice just to confirm this is true?.
Where do you go from here?

L

Lyndhurst Park

Hi lyndhurst park,

You are right this is cause for concern,have you thought about some legal advice just to confirm this is true?.
Where do you go from here?
My father is a retired Barrister and my brother a senior partner in a law firm – I did inform Iraida of this. Both have just regarded Iraida’s reply as laughable ‘cowboy’ tactics. Which is in itself disturbing, as I thought the reply would be more professionally guarded. My brother has an old colleague who works in another large law firm that have legal associates in Cairo. He has asked if they could comment on Iraida's response. It’s blatantly obvious that the response is the initial fob off, a poor one at that. I was about to drop the issue as we dearly liked the original resort and location and looking forward to the experience…………but given this type of response has altered our thoughts.

A

awahee123

Banned
I think you are right this certainly looks like a fob off, I hope you get some acceptable answers from Iradia,I hope you can come to some conclusion that will benefit you in the long term, I understand they are obviously not going to get rid off the now top floor,please keep us posted.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
This should sound alarm bells for all those considering property purchase. You wouldn't dream of buying a property at home without taking legal advice so why do it thousands of miles away in a country with a completely different culture and values? In Spain legal advice on purchase is 1% of the purchase cost but my clients are always recommended to use a lawyer rather than take the DIY route.

L

Lyndhurst Park

RE: Oasis

I think you are right this certainly looks like a fob off, I hope you get some acceptable answers from Iradia,I hope you can come to some conclusion that will benefit you in the long term, I understand they are obviously not going to get rid off the now top floor,please keep us posted.
The sad thing is - when you buy an apartment overseas the last thing you want is to get involved in a legal battle...........it takes away all the excitement of the original purchase. Had Oasis responded diffirently we might just of let it all go. But now they have left us with little choice by to employ a legal retort.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Sorry Lyndhurst Park, your situation is deplorable and I hope that you get a satisfactory resolution in due course. My earlier comments were more of a warning to others as many Developers in Egypt try to discourage buyers from employing their own lawyer.

A

awahee123

Banned
Re Oasis

The sad thing is - when you buy an apartment overseas the last thing you want is to get involved in a legal battle...........it takes away all the excitement of the original purchase. Had Oasis responded diffirently we might just of let it all go. But now they have left us with little choice by to employ a legal retort.

I truly feel for you, as you say it kills that excitement.
I really don't know what to suggest,I'm sure they might start taking you a bit more seriously once they receive some legal documents from your lawyers.

Regarding what Peter has recommended in the previous thread I don,t know if employing a solicitor previously would have made any difference in a case such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.