OASIS projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lyndhurst Park

Hi,

I have now received a flurry of private e mails from purchasers of Oasis apartments, all with similar concerns over the alterations post purchase and the current indifferent attitude being employed by the Airada.

I will naturally keep those fellow buyers and the forum informed

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
May be before escalating too far it may be worth an appeal to Mr. Ihab Abdelazeim Shahwan; I am sure that he would realise that bad publicity should be avoided in his position. Public life and business do not mix well unless you can be shown to be squeaky clean...

L

Lyndhurst Park

That was one route on my agenda. I am awaiting a response from the UK agent before making any moves. I am also expecting a reply from the solicitors in Cairo today/tomorrow re: Araida's interpretation of the contract and graphics in relation to Egyptian Law

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

It seems that you have the matter well in hand; it will be interesting to hear what happens next.

P

philthecar

good luck with your enquiries and we look forward to hearing from you with more news

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

So far so good; you now have to decide what you do want and that may be more difficult. I am sure that you can get your mone back plus interest but you have to weigh this against the anticipated capital growth since you first reserved the apartment. You may be better to see it through and then sell if you are not happy with the final outcome.

P

philthecar

great stuff and very quickly answered as well. Lets hope iriada take on board what you have been advised and the situation is resolved swiftly. Good luck and keep us posted of progress and thanks for letting us know the position

L

Lyndhurst Park

So far so good; you now have to decide what you do want and that may be more difficult. I am sure that you can get your mone back plus interest but you have to weigh this against the anticipated capital growth since you first reserved the apartment. You may be better to see it through and then sell if you are not happy with the final outcome.
You are correct in stating that its not a black and white choice. It will decide on Iraida's response as to which route I will employ. I'm still hopeful that it can be resolved...no one party gets enjoyment out of going to court.

A

awahee123

Banned
I'm sure it will be resolved to the satisfaction of all involved.It's good to know we all have some protection within the contracts we have signed.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
As an owner of one of Oasis properties, all I can say is I personally had no problems and even out there last week they were very good with the after sales care, Maintanence and 24 hour security was fantastic I have read one report about not being happy with the Oasis Resort but when it is finished i'm sure they will be very excited. Remembering when company's build properties you cannot please all the people all the time and other resorts will have the same problems. Iraida do a very good after sales care, pickup service, cleaning service etc: I have talked to a few owers now of Oasis 1 and 2 and they are just as happy as we are. Also the value is increasing all the time as with all Hurghada.

L

Lyndhurst Park

As an owner of one of Oasis properties, all I can say is I personally had no problems and even out there last week they were very good with the after sales care, Maintanence and 24 hour security was fantastic I have read one report about not being happy with the Oasis Resort but when it is finished i'm sure they will be very excited. Remembering when company's build properties you cannot please all the people all the time and other resorts will have the same problems. Iraida do a very good after sales care, pickup service, cleaning service etc: I have talked to a few owers now of Oasis 1 and 2 and they are just as happy as we are. Also the value is increasing all the time as with all Hurghada.
I believe you bought an apartment from the Oasis 1 project. Nice apartment, I looked over them when I visited Hurghada. It was from that visit that we decided to go for the new Oasis project.

My original purchase did ‘please me’ immensely. It is a great shame that the structure was altered by some 25%. Had it remained in its original construction as contractually agreed I would have remained very happy. The blame for this discord does not lye with the purchaser but Agent. Agents can remain to please as long as they stick to the contract..........

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi Lyndhurst park.
Hope you get everything sorted out, I bet when it is completed you will feel alot happier as your complex has a very large pool and very near to the new marina complex being built which means you will be able to go to the beach there too. Only time will tell give it time as we have found out the prices have gone up and sitting on it will give you years of enjoyment.

P

philthecar

hi there can you tell us more about the marina. We are buying in oasis resort but know very little about the area and its surroundings. Are we close to any shops etc and are you renting your property out ? Many thanks

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Hi philthecar,
I saw a model of the oasis marina development which is very near to the oasis resort which first stage will be finished in 2009. with being an oasis owner I recieve the plans and prices if you want a copy PM me with your email address and I will send. also I asked questions regarding exsisting oasis customers being able to use the beach there and had it confirmed that a bus will be going round all the oasis developments and picking up to use the beach and sevices there don't know any more as it is early days yet.

P

philthecar

thanks very much for that. It sounds even more exciting now. Does our development look ok then ?

A

awahee123

Banned
Re Oasis

I believe you bought an apartment from the Oasis 1 project. Nice apartment, I looked over them when I visited Hurghada. It was from that visit that we decided to go for the new Oasis project.

My original purchase did ‘please me’ immensely. It is a great shame that the structure was altered by some 25%. Had it remained in its original construction as contractually agreed I would have remained very happy. The blame for this discord does not lye with the purchaser but Agent. Agents can remain to please as long as they stick to the contract..........

I have to agree a contract is a contract and developers should stick to them,After all if you went to buy a saloon car would you be happy with an estate car when you picked it up? I think not,Some investors will not be moved by the changes others will.

L

Lyndhurst Park

Hi Lyndhurst park.
Hope you get everything sorted out, I bet when it is completed you will feel alot happier as your complex has a very large pool and very near to the new marina complex being built which means you will be able to go to the beach there too. Only time will tell give it time as we have found out the prices have gone up and sitting on it will give you years of enjoyment.
I hope so, I'm asking Iraida to enter into dialogue..................no one wants to jump into a legal battle, and I'm still not totally turned off the oasis project. Had Iraida initially replied with sincere apologies etc, instead of fallacious legal gobby gook, I would have in all honestly let it go.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Philthecar have you seen the update on iraida's web site, I found the website very useful when my apartment was being built and couldn't wait for next months pictures.

P

philthecar

yes thank you we look forward to the first of the month each and every month ! Can anybody tell us how much notice they were given as to when apts were finished and you got the keys. We have been told between sept and dec 2008 but are anxious that we wont get flights to go out there at short notice. can anybody help

J

J4hurghada

Banned
if December is in the contract they they will be finished by December and you need to sigh over then. but as ive noticed on other projects it says the maintainence has to be paid even if your not going over. Our block was ready in March this year but we did not get over till the 1st July. They give you plenty of warning for the flights too so don't worry. I know nearer to the time you get really excited and I even asked them for extra pictures of our apartment which they sent no problem. Did you go for turnkey price?

Status
Not open for further replies.