OASIS projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Con96

Good information con we hope ithelp wayne to make final decision
Thanks,

I just wanted him to know about the roof etc as it was very nicely designed with potential cooking stations, bars, Paella cooking, BBQs etc but NO KIDS... This may be an issue especially if he has tots within the family etc. But then maybe not. Sorry to throw a spanner Wayne..
I changed my mind 10 times and that was in one day in Hurghada, a few forum buddies can vouch for that.... !!:>)

D

dave99

Contracts are serious stuff

This forum has members who need some info on stuff that is generally overlooked, such as those little gems in a contract.

To even consider me as a competitor is something of a complement given our relative sizes.

The fact that a developer has pointed this out is irrelevant, where are all the agents who claim to be "helpful" to clients - this is a prime example of where a due diligence report by an agent should pick out such terms.

I doubt it would get past any English lawyer and would be considered "unfair" and I suspect that it would be unenforceable in the UK.

L

lyndsay552

When we bought from Iraida they where up front about the terms and conditions and they told you all of this before you signed any contracts.

We actually signed a reservation contract in Hurghada and did not have to pay a penny. Nothing had to be paid for six weeks. I found them very flexible and you where able to suggest your own payment plan to suit your indiviual circumstances.

If your payment is sent from the UK on the date that it is due, you can email them a copy of the transaction receipt and as such they will not charge you for a late payment.

Lyndsay

D

dave99

Glad to hear it

When we bought from Iraida they where up front about the terms and conditions and they told you all of this before you signed any contracts.

We actually signed a reservation contract in Hurghada and did not have to pay a penny. Nothing had to be paid for six weeks. I found them very flexible and you where able to suggest your own payment plan to suit your indiviual circumstances.

If your payment is sent from the UK on the date that it is due, you can email them a copy of the transaction receipt and as such they will not charge you for a late payment.

Lyndsay
Thanks for your note - good to know everyone is made aware

C

Con96

This forum has members who need some info on stuff that is generally overlooked, such as those little gems in a contract.

To even consider me as a competitor is something of a complement given our relative sizes.

The fact that a developer has pointed this out is irrelevant, where are all the agents who claim to be "helpful" to clients - this is a prime example of where a due diligence report by an agent should pick out such terms.

I doubt it would get past any English lawyer and would be considered "unfair" and I suspect that it would be unenforceable in the UK.

Hiya

Just to clear something, as im a little confused with your reply.
The developer didnt point it out , I asked him about children as we were being shown the communal roof area. It was at this point that he advised children not allowed.
Not sure really what the rest has to do with Wayne choosing between Towers or Oasis resort. Sorry to ask, maybe having a blonde evening? Pls advise Dave99?

D

dave99

Nothing to do with your post

Hiya

Just to clear something, as im a little confused with your reply.
The developer didnt point it out , I asked him about children as we were being shown the communal roof area. It was at this point that he advised children not allowed.
Not sure really what the rest has to do with Wayne choosing between Towers or Oasis resort. Sorry to ask, maybe having a blonde evening? Pls advise Dave99?
my post was only about contract terms and does not relate to your post at all.

E

Emu49

Dave99 I did not mean it as a personal attack. You said that people should be aware and I agree with you. I am not great at maths but your maximum discount is 6% for 6 weeks and Iraida's is 25% for 8 weeks. Even if the late penalty thing is put in action, and they are charged 10%, they are still up on with a 15% discount. Still a very good discount.

You say it would not get pass an Engliush Lawyer. I very much disagree with you. If you have ever bought a property in England you will know that even if you are A FEW HOURS LATE in completing a purchase, you have serious problems. One day late is a nightmare and the deal can fall apart and you loss your deposit. So why should it be different in Egypt? Having bought properties in England, I can't imagine a delay of even 1 day in paying the purchase price. Before even exhanging contracts my soliictor also stresses that once contracts are exchanged if I can't meet the agreed payment by the agreed date, I will loss my deposit and also stand to pay compensation to the other people. I think that its easy to forget the real world when you are in sunny Hurghada.

I think that most people in this forum have bought or sold property in England so they know about the penalties for being late.

Dave99, as a UK developer, you must know all about the late penalties in England. Can you honestly say that losing 10% of a 25% discount is worse than what will happen in England? Do you really believe that this will not get pass an English Lawyer?

I have read many of your replies, so I know that on the whole, what you say is on the ball. However, this one appeared bias. You forgot the most important thing, the 25% discount. Big discounts have tight conditions, as a developer you must know this.

D

dave99

Not about discounts

These terms are regardless of the discount. Forget any comparisons with me since my discount is due to only having a relatively short time to make the full payments through to completion date - we (developers) start with bigger discounts when we have 18 months or longer to go to completion - the buyer is losing interest and we are saving it - fair swap !

My post is simply made to enlighten those that may choose not to read the Terms.

I have similar clauses - but not so onerous on the buyer.

Also note that this clause can be applied to each and every late payment, not just one, which could mean 5 late payments the loss is potentially 50% - may never happen but it's still in the contract.

Are you really happy to sign a contract that allows the seller to re-sell your apartment without going to court to prove a breach of contract ???

UK is very different - you can use the courts quite effectively to fight unfair terms - not so easy in Egypt.

W

wayne_harris

Hi Con96, I think the guy that showed me around the regency towers mentioned something about no kids on the roof, which had slipped my mind so forgot to tell my wife. So thank you for reminding me. Because it does cause for concern as none of us would beable to use it. Will be talking to the agent about this.
Cheers

L

lyndsay552

I just got an email back from Iraida ref heated pools -

Dear Mrs Mairs,

None of the pools in Oasis Resort are heated. We have never told any customer this. The size of the pools will make this very difficult and expensive.

We have pools in all our complexes. None are heated and the owners still use them. Only Oasis Marina will have a heated pool.

Regards

Iraida Estate Agency

Seems I picked them up wrong, my head was swimming with info by this stage of the week.

Sorry for getting it wrong

Lyndsay

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I just got an email back from Iraida ref heated pools -

Dear Mrs Mairs,

None of the pools in Oasis Resort are heated. We have never told any customer this. The size of the pools will make this very difficult and expensive.

We have pools in all our complexes. None are heated and the owners still use them. Only Oasis Marina will have a heated pool.

Regards

Iraida Estate Agency

Seems I picked them up wrong, my head was swimming with info by this stage of the week.

Sorry for getting it wrong

Lyndsay
Thanks Lyndsy for clearing this information very helpful as usual:)

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Its difficult when you are looking at so many properties to remember what was said. If anyone has any problems remembering always be prepared to ask your agent to clarify.
To the best of my knowledge the only Hurghada projects with heated pools are the Regency projects and West Side Village. Please let me know if I have missed any? With Regency I believe only children of 16 years upwards can use the roof terrace?

W

wayne_harris

Hi Peter, Thank you for the information. You have been a good help.
I will be asking if they can change it about the roof situation.

Cheers
Wayne

W

wayne_harris

Hi can any one in here tell me if they have seen a finished or near finished apartment in the oasis resort (the ringed one),as I would like to know if all the bedrooms have windows. Reason being a friend of ours is asking. How many windows are there in the apartments any way. We were thinking incase of a fire.

Cheers

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi can any one in here tell me if they have seen a finished or near finished apartment in the oasis resort (the ringed one),as I would like to know if all the bedrooms have windows. Reason being a friend of ours is asking. How many windows are there in the apartments any way. We were thinking incase of a fire.

Cheers
Not finished yet

C

chris lister

oasis resort

Cheers
Hi,

Have you visited Iraida's website? If you look at the plans of each individual apartment you will find where door's, window's, balcony's etc. are located. You then can compare this to the floor plan of each "ring" level and see where the windows and light will fall. e.g if you are in a central apartment and not on a "slice" your light will come from either the windows on the balcony or from a central "service" tunnel whereas you probably wont get any light.

L

lyndsay552

I have some photos of apartments with the tiling done and walls painted. They are too big to upload, once I figure out how to upload them i'll put them on.

Lyndsay

C

chris lister

COLOUR OF OASIS RESORT

To clarify, the colour of Oasis Resort is some sort of terracotta. If you check Iraida's January Update it explains all. Most questions are answered on Iraida's site that are being asked on here.

C

chris lister

Your Pics

I have some photos of apartments with the tiling done and walls painted. They are too big to upload, once I figure out how to upload them i'll put them on.

Lyndsay
Hi Lyndsay,

How are ya? Hope all's well!

Look forward to the pic's as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.