Notaire or estate agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rsimmons

Hi I'm looking into buying properties in Aquitaine and would like to know which is best to use, and estate agent or a Notaire?

Would appreciate a reply from anyone who has used a Notaire for a property purchase or sale, or can point me in the direction of some information about it.

Thanks.

S

Steve Robert

I've been in a similar situation, I recommend pursuing the private sales/ direct with notaire route as well as via este agency. At the end of the day it is the property that counts and some times the agents have access to better range of properties and at reasonable prices despite the agency fees.

Steve

C

CaroleBay

Hi There,

You will have to use the services of a notaire for the purchase/sale of a property. The legal fees will be aprox 8% of the purchase price for an existing property, or aprox 5% of the purchase price for a new property.

Notaires may have some properties for sale, and quite often you can save some money on the agents fees.

The immobilier (estate agent) will probably have a larger range of properties for sale than a notaire. Agents fees are usually about 5% of the purchase price, but ask .... some agents in and around the region do charge a whopping 10%, as we found out to our cost last year.

Kind Regards
CaroleBay
mortgagefrance.com

Status
Not open for further replies.