Not to be trusted Turkish property Agency.

C

chatzi4

I want to share my bitter experience concerning a specific development and property agency
<snip> based in the region of Altinkum and the agent <snip> I feel after my terrible experience in trying to do business with this agency, I'm obligated to warn prospective property buyers and maybe save someone allot of dissapointment and heartache.

Although there are many reliable and good agency's out there and in fact I did actually come through with a purchase of property through an outstanding agency, THIS ABOVE MENTIONED AGENCY IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
I'm still shocked at how I allowed myself to be violated by this person <snip> by he's promises under false pretence on his company web-site and then not coming through on he's guarantee but using the money already paid for reservation as leverage to apply unprecidented pressure to make a sale on a different property of his preference cause apparently the off-plan property I had reserved was no longer available. In the end he refused to refund my reservation fee.

In a nut-shell and from the feed back I got from others with similar or worse experiences, this company(specially the agent <snip>, is to stay away from..Starting negotiations with this person will only end up with either dissapointment or ending up with an over priced or faulty property. Deffinitely a COMPANY NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
If anyone wants to know more please use private messaging.
We cannot allow naming and shaming on the forum as it can lead to law suits against the forum.

Thank you

B

Buddyfox

who was it. please email

Last edited by a moderator:
C

clacher

Having worked in this area of Turkey I know many of the so called "agencies" that advertise and sell properties, I totally understand-chatzi 4's feeling as much the same happenned to me in another country---it was a very costly lesson which I have now learnt.
There are good people out there, its just finding them ---I would now go along the route of word of mouth from either previous buyer's or people like myself who have both lived and worked in the property business within that country.
So if you need any help or advice regarding Turkey , Southern Italy or Cyprus , please do not hesitate to contact me , hopefully I will be able to help or put you in contact with someone that can ----there is no charge .

Regards

Clacher

C

clacher

Hi Oracle

Actually I remember your company very well whilst I was in Turkey , one of your directors (gentleman with moustache) was very nice and helpful , and if this is the same builder ....your properties were excellent especially your bespoke villa's .

Clacher

T

tosmur

Some people have some really bad experiences buying property in Turkey it is such a shame.

U

Unicorn Consultancy

Unfortunately there is a risk always like in all countries during investing, i advice every investor has to use legal advisors during the business.

I wish no more trouble for anyone around of the World.

C

clacher

There really should not be any "risk" if you are a true professional selling well built properties with all documentation to hand ------that is what a genuine and I do use that word lightly estate agent should be able to offer a client .

Unfortunatley that does not always happen and although I do hate to say it British agents throughout the world have the worst reputation.

Do the homework ask people who have been to the area who have already bought there or better still worked there---don't be afraid to ask questions and if pushed .....walk away

Wish I had followed my own words .......................

But if I can help anyone please mail

Advise costs nothing

Clacher

D

danielo24

Unfortunately there is a risk always like in all countries during investing, i advice every investor has to use legal advisors during the business.

I wish no more trouble for anyone around of the World.
I agree, well said.

C

clacher

Uesful Information

I have to mention that for some reason Turkey comes up time and time again as the "Bad Boys" in the Property Market and to be honest their reputation is not good , what happens is that someone's uncle,aunt ,cousin has a piece of land ....bobs your uncle the whole family are now Estate Agents building and selling homes .......mortaged up to the hilt on land that is not really theirs in the first instance, then comes us the wonderful gullable Brit ...out on hols for a good time , seeing a great property for "How Much " thats fantastic ........where do I sign , I have both seen and heard this story sooooo often ......but .............here's the real thing , the biggest exploiter of the British is the Brits themselves , and this is going on in Spain , Cyprus and Italy , having worked in all these areas I do know what I am talking about .

We are our own worst enemies, but if we use our heads a little and seek advise from people who know I cannot reiterate enough, do the homework ........I have worked with some wonderful Turkish companies and Italian and Cypriot . I am here if you need any further information on these countries .at no cost I just want to see it does not happen to another couple , person,..............mail me and let me at least try and assist you

Kind Regards

Clacher